Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

The proof IMO is how accurate he was when they were open consistently-i.e. Wagner, Tulane
Unfortunately its a bit easier for mediocre receivers to get 10 yards behind the defense against Wagner and Tulane. We're in a big boy league now and need ACC caliber players to win their one on one battles. Our guys are skilled enough to do that consistently right now.

Last edited:
Jesse Dougherty ‏@dougherty_jesse 4h
3-star receiver Steve Ishmael calls SU his No. 1 and was also offered by Oregon. he visits Syracuse Jan. 17 http://dailyorange.com/2013/12/3-star-wr-ishmael-prepares-to-visit-top-choice-syracuse/…

Nice article. Really like that Edouard and AJ are working on recruiting Ishmael.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 2h
And on the football side, 3-star WR Steve Ishmael likes Syracuse ahead of Miami, Louisville and Oregon:

it would be crushing to not land him at this point.

Broyld might be one of the most overrated football players to ever don the Orangemen colors. As any kind of receiver,he has terrible hands. His open field ability is good nut he never has the ball in that area. I know we were allfrantic to get him and now "nothing".

tumblr_ltdpwkHbqj1qcro1do1_500.gif

So Steve Ishmael and Alin Edouard are good friends. Just like AJ and KJ they already have an established chemistry from working together in the past. I have a feeling if he can learn the playbook, and that's a big if, he will be given every chance to win the job from the jump. If he doesn't get the job next year I fully expect Kimble to be the man.

That's great news. I was a little worried about hanging on to Edouard, seeing as how he has already de-committed once but I checked out his twitter the other day and he is ALL Orange. Some Oline recruit from some other school talked a little trash about Cuse and told him to come play with him... Edouard TRASHED this kid. Don't know if I can emphasis that enough. It was really funny reading his responses... Basically told the kid to go F**** himself.

That's great news. I was a little worried about hanging on to Edouard, seeing as how he has already de-committed once but I checked out his twitter the other day and he is ALL Orange. Some Oline recruit from some other school talked a little trash about Cuse and told him to come play with him... Edouard TRASHED this kid. Don't know if I can emphasis that enough. It was really funny reading his responses... Basically told the kid to go F**** himself.
He only decommitted because they got 2 other qb commits. I think he is solid.

Its not only that Hunt stares the WR down, its that he so seldom throws on time , almost every throw has to be thrown after the break and that leads to smaller windows..

Its not only that Hunt stares the WR down, its that he so seldom throws on time , almost every throw has to be thrown after the break and that leads to smaller windows..

Hunt made some great throws against BC and has improved as the course of the year has gone along in ACC play.

Why hate on him? He's a developmental type QB from NYC - not exactly a hot bed of high school football.

Add to that the fact that he has had two different systems to learn in his career and it's not to be unexpected that he's going to struggle a little bit.

Wish everyone here would give the kid a break. He won 6 games for us this year and lost 4. Two of which came at the hands of top 15 teams in the country, and one of which came by one point.

Hunt made some great throws against BC and has improved as the course of the year has gone along in ACC play.

Why hate on him? He's a developmental type QB from NYC - not exactly a hot bed of high school football.

Add to that the fact that he has had two different systems to learn in his career and it's not to be unexpected that he's going to struggle a little bit.

Wish everyone here would give the kid a break. He won 6 games for us this year and lost 4. Two of which came at the hands of top 15 teams in the country, and one of which came by one point.
Great post about a great kid who has come a very long way.

I don't hate on Hunt, but next season the competition for the starting QB job is going to be fierce. This season, he only had to beat out Allen, and technically he did not. He only got the job after Allen stumbled against actual competition.

Next season, can Hunt beat out Wilson and Kimble and Long and Edouard? I'm not saying he can't and I am not rooting against him, but it's going to be tough.

I dont hate him.. but if you watch the BC game which was probably his best game of the year against real Opp he was 50/50 on good throws to bad. The best thing for him was more of his bad throws were catch-able and less were 5 yds off .. What does a system have to do with not throwing the ball off line so often? I watch warm ups, he is the least developed throwing of the 5 QBs we had this year. maybe he takes another step forward this year, but the system against BC also showed we need a better running threat and I dont think he can make a whole year running that much, so odds are another QB needs to be ready. I dont care who the QB is next year, i just want the QB play to be another level or 2 better

I dont hate him.. but if you watch the BC game which was probably his best game of the year against real Opp he was 50/50 on good throws to bad. The best thing for him was more of his bad throws were catch-able and less were 5 yds off .. What does a system have to do with not throwing the ball off line so often? I watch warm ups, he is the least developed throwing of the 5 QBs we had this year. maybe he takes another step forward this year, but the system against BC also showed we need a better running threat and I dont think he can make a whole year running that much, so odds are another QB needs to be ready. I dont care who the QB is next year, i just want the QB play to be another level or 2 better

Didn't say you hate him - said you were hating on him. And what do you mean "need a better running threat"? Please clarify, because I know you are not saying Hunt needs to be better running the ball. That would be crazy talk.

I get what you're saying - and I agree that there is definite room for improvement. And likewise, I don't care who plays QB as long as we win. But the kid was a first-year starter in a first-year OC's system playing with a receiving corps that was borderline I-A-caliber. There wasn't a whole lot of margin for error, and when he made one things were magnified.

How many bubble screens went for negative or minimal yardage because we had a 5-10, 155 WR blocking for him? How many times was Hunt forced to scramble because nobody was open? Not saying he didn't have his shortcomings also, but the lack of offense was based on a number of factors not just him.

Funderburk will hopefully get some run in the bowl game and be a starter on the outside next year. Broyld and Estime are two guys who are weapons. I like what I've seen from Cornelius, who is a RS FR. Parris is developing nicely at TE. And there's an influx of talent at the WR position (Williams, Cooper, Ishmael (?), Custis) and at the TE position (Batten, Provo) to help with depth and playmaking.

Add to that Morris, McFarlane and Gulley (maybe Smith but I doubt it), and you have many more playmakers next year than you did this year (or in recent memory to be honest). And much more help for Hunt.

all the QB can do is hit the correct rcvr, at the right time, in the right spot. he cant help he had 3-4 TD passes dropped in the last few weeks. he can help that he mis threw 3-4 td passes in the last few weeks.

From where he was considered to be before the season i think he played great. His ability to run is why he got into the starting lineup and it showed in the BC game since they called more designed runs, much like the Maryland game.

If we want to be better next year than some QB needs to step up to another level. he has the first and best shot. We wont be a better team unless someone makes that leap. we could have been 8-4. we have a long way to go to get those next 4 wins, but its not all on the what the offense does.

Who are his bcd offers right now? as of today.

From 247 his current BCS offers are; Illinois, Pitt, Wake, BC, Cinn, Miss St, Neb, USF, Tenn, UCF, WVU, and Cuse.

From 247 his current BCS offers are; Illinois, Pitt, Wake, BC, Cinn, Miss St, Neb, USF, Tenn, UCF, WVU, and Cuse.
Beautiful.

George Rushing ‏@GR_CloudChaser11h
Trying to get my dawg @stevenishmael to slide to the ville with me

Retweeted by steve_3

Could Ishmael be our best recruiting effort ever? I can't think of many kids we have brought in who have had more legit offers then Ishmael. Especially coming from So Florida.

Dawg fight to the end. SEC $ is out there as well. The kid is a flat out playmaker, so it's not surprising. Hope Bnoro is right on this one.

Has he received any attention from Miami, FSU or other SEC schools?

CaliCuse said:
Broyld might be one of the most overrated football players to ever don the Orangemen colors. As any kind of receiver,he has terrible hands. His open field ability is good nut he never has the ball in that area. I know we were allfrantic to get him and now "nothing".
This was Brould's first year as a WR, with inexperienced QBs throwing to him. And his position was changed in the middle of the season,

He isn't perfect but he already has more receptions during his sophomore season than any SU player in history, except one. Pretty good company. He might be a little better than you think.

Has he received any attention from Miami, FSU or other SEC schools?

Miami, Tennessee, Oregon, Nebraska.

Now some schools may have filled up vut Ishmael could go play almost anywhere he wants. Oregon just offered him a short time ago. FSU is now taking another look.