Steven Clark | Syracusefan.com

Steven Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGDCuse

2nd String
Watching our boy Steven C play against Toledo right now. Getting doubled on just about every play. And getting held a lot. Western could sure use their offensive fire power from last year.

The defensive tackles haven't been an issue this year.

Depth is an issue everywhere. Start him with Slayton and rotate in Williams, Samuels and Ruff. Also gives you the luxury of leaving Black at DE (when he comes back) where he is appropriately-sized. Adds much-needed depth across the entire front 4.

There is so much more compelling tv on too.

For example 1 can now on demand the 'Yule Log'.

Pretty exciting stuff...

You could do that last year and in HD

You could do that last year and in HD
Is there any other way to watch it than in HD???

Just meant that it was available...again.

Probably popped up last night.

His knee was only slightly good enough to play on. Surprised he made it on the field.

His knee was only slightly good enough to play on. Surprised he made it on the field.
Noticed he was limping from the get go. Even more impressive. On the rare occasion he didn't get doubled, he really manhandled the guy that was blocking him. Got a pic of him riding the stationary bike on the sideline

Noticed he was limping from the get go. Even more impressive. On the rare occasion he didn't get doubled, he really manhandled the guy that was blocking him. Got a pic of him riding the stationary bike on the sideline
Patellar dislocation and meniscal tear. We talked after the game. He was a bit pissed. Wasn't pleased with his performance.

Patellar dislocation and meniscal tear. We talked after the game. He was a bit pissed. Wasn't pleased with his performance.
The secondary never gave him time to get to the qb. Got to be frustrating for him. My family all graduated from Toledo and we have season tix but I was rooting for your boy. He's a hell of a player. Even injured. What are his pro prospects looking like? Or is he not really thinking about that yet?

Wouldn't mind see them go to the Camelia Bowl here in Montgomery. That would give you and your family a chance to see him. Heck, I may even go to that one.

The secondary never gave him time to get to the qb. Got to be frustrating for him. My family all graduated from Toledo and we have season tix but I was rooting for your boy. He's a hell of a player. Even injured. What are his pro prospects looking like? Or is he not really thinking about that yet?
I haven't heard anything, and Steven hasn't mentioned anything, so I assume it's pretty much zilch right now. If he decides to continue his sports career, I'd like to see him coaching rather than playing. He'd make a helluva good coach. Also, coaches don't get the sht knocked out of them 16+ games a year. Longevity is a wonderful thing =D

Wouldn't mind see them go to the Camelia Bowl here in Montgomery. That would give you and your family a chance to see him. Heck, I may even go to that one.
Would love, and am hoping for, the Camelia Bowl. Close to home. And, if WMU does get that slot, lemme know where you're sitting should you go. I'll look ya up.

Would love, and am hoping for, the Camelia Bowl. Close to home. And, if WMU does get that slot, lemme know where you're sitting should you go. I'll look ya up.
Sounds good and if there is a tailgate somewhere we'll have to hook up and have a few!

Yeah, WMUs secondary has, essentially, really sucked at times this year. Some of it is attrition, some of it is RFr with no experience, or RSo with a year of game experience. Some of it is just shtty playing.

Depth is an issue everywhere. Start him with Slayton and rotate in Williams, Samuels and Ruff. Also gives you the luxury of leaving Black at DE (when he comes back) where he is appropriately-sized. Adds much-needed depth across the entire front 4.
Depth wasn't an issue across the defensive tackles. Four deep is deep enough, especially when they're only on the field for 60 plays a game. And Black played defensive tackle because he's better there than at defensive end.

Has this been posted here and I missed it? WMU DQ'd him too. Tough break...for a kid we all love watching.
Western Michigan coach Tim Lester to call the offense in 2018

DT Clark medically disqualified
Lester said that senior defensive tackle Steven Clark has been medically disqualified. Clark transferred to Western Michigan from Syracuse last year after he was medically disqualified by the Orange due to a genetic disorder.

"It hurts because I love the kid," Lester said. "He's been unbelievable. He's like another coach out there ... He's going to be an integral part of our team going forward."

The 6-foot-2, 285-pound Clark played in all 12 games with 11 starts last season, registering 27 tackles including 2 1/2 for loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom