Stewart Mandel - Fox Sports | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stewart Mandel - Fox Sports

Word around the camp fire is that Baylor is going to come at him hard next year. Try to seduce him and buy out his contract. For the love of God, i hope not. The Baylor scandal could end up biting us in the arse.

Pay the man and I am sure he will stay... if you can win at Baylor you can certainly win at Syracuse. Heck - if he does leave, we can just go get Briles. I'm sure he's learned his lesson on the importance institutional control. :)

This is all premature, but why wouldn't Baylor go after the Texas OC? He runs the Briles system, and you make a conference for weaker at the same time. Plus, Babers hasn't been in Texas in how long? The Texas OC as well as Montgomery are more local. Just speculation on my part

Please don't turn this into a Babers is on his way out thread. It's been 1 game! Enjoy it!

He will stay as long as he believes he and his staff are compensated appropriately and are receiving support from the school, administration and fans!

Please don't turn this into a Babers is on his way out thread. It's been 1 game! Enjoy it!

He will stay as long as he believes he and his staff are compensated appropriately and are receiving support from the school, administration and fans!
Zactly...but Cuse alumni and Upstate NY T-shirt fans need to do their part.

Fill the Dome!

Thank you. We're a big boy school and he has gone out of his way to say he wants to stick around every chance he gets. Keep it positive. Don't think he leaves so fast, but even if he does, why worry about it now?

This is all premature, but why wouldn't Baylor go after the Texas OC? He runs the Briles system, and you make a conference for weaker at the same time. Plus, Babers hasn't been in Texas in how long? The Texas OC as well as Montgomery are more local. Just speculation on my part

Or just keep Grobe, the guy won at Wake Forrest, he is a darn good coach.

Since Ben up to Dino we had 6 coaches, 4 were let go, 2 left for the pro's. Mac has stated it was a mistake, and he was a college coach, and that's why he should have stayed. Doug was always going to take the 1st opening in the Pro's, in spite of his Dream Job quote, and that's O K, he didn't finish the job, but Dino will.

I can imagine the headlines now: "Babers bolts Cuse for Baylor job. Syracuse to give Greg Robinson a second chance."

It's the "support from the school, administration and fans" part that makes me think we can't keep great coaches whose last names don't rhyme with Stay-hime.

I refuse to worry about it, though. Going to try to just enjoy this season.

this thread sucks.

Why can't we enjoy the moment we're in instead of worrying what may or may not happen a year from now?

It sucks because he has only beat Colgate and people are worried about keeping him, we get beat by 3-4 TD's Friday and people will be asking if we made the right choice... Just the way it goes I guess.

If he stays after year 2 I think we have a very good shot at keeping him, he turned down more $$ at a bigger and smaller schools for Syracuse so who knows... Nobody knows.

I think Dino will stay awhile but I also think we have more work to do than many think, which is fine, I like the enthusiasm though. He's a perfect fit for what we need

It sucks because he has only beat Colgate and people are worried about keeping him, we get beat by 3-4 TD's Friday and people will be asking if we made the right choice... Just the way it goes I guess.

If he stays after year 2 I think we have a very good shot at keeping him, he turned down more $$ at a bigger and smaller schools for Syracuse so who knows... Nobody knows.

I think Dino will stay awhile but I also think we have more work to do than many think, which is fine, I like the enthusiasm though. He's a perfect fit for what we need
Agree. Just throwing this out there...why wouldn't SU be the trifecta for HCDB? competitive schedule, chance to be the savior of a historic program, perfect conditions to run my game plan.

Man, some people look for the worst in every ray of sunshine.

Either way, and I agree its much too early to worry about, HCDB has shown us the blueprint moving forward.
Whoever comes after him will definitely utilize the fast surface of the Dome to our advantage. Hopefully we won't ever see another meathead philosophy when it comes to the program.

The mans literally said multiple times that hes 55 years old, hes sick and tired of moving, hes never had 3 years with a single team. If anything babers get this thing steamrolling and recreates the pheonix from the ashes that briles did at baylor. Like people said if the people show up and him and his assistants are taken care of he sint going no where. After g rob, marrone and somewhat shafer debacles you realize how much of a scared, nervous shaking in the pouring rain kinda fan base we have become. Its not are faults tho i completely understand the anxiety and to a more extent i believe babers understands this also.. i believe wildhacks not going to let him go anywhere at all (by doing the right thing). Babers daughter is going to cuse for gods sake... he wants a stable life for his family and he has the building blocks for a stable program... sooo anyone having an anxiety attack pop a cork take. Xanax, shut it and enjoy fsu doimg the acc proud... and then we ruin playoff runs for both clemson and them Popcorn

Edit: also with a shiny facelift for the dome in a few years and also a.d. he got to help pick himself you people are crazy to think hes leaving

Last edited:
Babers has moved around a lot as a child growing up (service family), and professionally.

My dad was a career Air Force officer...I went to 14 different schools before I graduated from HS (moving- not expulsion:). My dad retired here in Syracuse...he never moved again.

It can get to be a drag.

TBH my biggest worry is keeping Babers around longer than the two years he spent each at EIU and Bowling Green.
Tbh it does seem like a stepping stone for another job but we shaaaallll see! I mean there are a few jobs in CFB that you just can't turn down. Hopefully by the time or if he leaves Syracuse will be one.

Not trying to defend those who are already claiming Babers will be gone to "greener" pastures, but SU Football has not had exactly a high-profile coaching position the last decade or so. The recent years' resume have probably left folks jaded - I can see that. However, if Babers builds something special here in Syracuse, and the SU Administration recognizes his value, then I really don't see why he would want to head elsewhere to start building a program from scratch again.

Think about it. We are in the ACC, we play Florida State and Clemson as well as historically opponents in Pitt, Va Tech, Miami, BC. What's not to like competing and being in the running for a conference championship in the ACC?

I watched his pre-UofL press conference and it was my introduction to him. That is a immensely impressive man on the face of it. He seems together and he seems to have a plan in place which matches his style. Likeable, capable, a great face for your program. Very cool guy, this Babers feller. I hope he gets a complete chance and no one pulls the plug prematurely or anything. He seems like a keeper to me.

I watched his pre-UofL press conference and it was my introduction to him. That is a immensely impressive man on the face of it. He seems together and he seems to have a plan in place which matches his style. Likeable, capable, a great face for your program. Very cool guy, this Babers feller. I hope he gets a complete chance and no one pulls the plug prematurely or anything. He seems like a keeper to me.
Good to see you again, senore!
The Cards look tough and that kid you have under center looks like a beast.
Whatever one might think about Petrino, there's no denying he's a helluva coach. I think UL is a couple years ahead of us in terms of the rebuilding timeline. This game will be a good measuring stick for where we need to get to. Not expecting a win necessarily, but no 70 point blowouts either. At the very least I see us putting a major scare into you guys. See you friday!!:cool:

No scaring allowed, Doc!!! :):bat:

I mentioned elsewhere that most UofL fans have no idea of how good Lamar is, lol. The thing is, I was serious. But as a toy delivered into the right hands, the marriage between he and the New Bob was surely manufactured in heaven. Th only player I ever felt this tickled to watch play was Michael Bush and Jackson may have already passed him up like he was standing still.

Watched just a couple video shots of your young QB and I must say, he fits the role nicely - with what seems like a collected head on his shoulders.

This rivalry needed a kick in the arse, lol. I think we both got it. This delights me, lol. I love screwing around with you guys. It's also great to see your coach seems such a mensch. Good times!!!