Still think we have a good shot at a Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Still think we have a good shot at a Bowl

HRE Otto IV

All American
My biggest concern right now is the health of the OL. We need to outscore people and you can't do that without an OL.

I was not a big fan of the O today. Only 3 points in the last 3 Qs against USF? After USF took away the run we kept going at it despite being down 2 scores? I am less confident in the O after today, which was totally unexpected.

30 carries for a back in CFB is crazy even if that RB is named Fournette. IMO Fredericks is running the ball the best this. Yes it is usually in garbage time but he can make a guy miss. I don't see how one back gets 30 and the other gets zero during the normal course of play.

Back to my original point...

UConn, Wake, and UConn are closer to Colgate on O than they are to USF. They are the O equivalents of our D. I still think we outscore these three teams and pick up victories.

NC State will be a shootout. But by that time in the year we should be peaking, I think we will beat them.

So IMO we will be 5-6 going into Pitt. That will be a tall task but isn't umpossible. They have no D this year and their O can't exploit us the way USF did.

Our lack of points and conservative play calling does have me more worried than I was going into USF. UConn will be the first real indicator of what we are as a team. I think we see good things. However if we play poorly then I could see Babers achieving something GRob never could, not beating a single FBS team on the season.

I really don't agree. By the time we play NC State and Pitt, those teams will also be peaking. I also think we'll be decimated by injuries by then. Our guys are taking a beating and we have a very thin depth chart.

I don't think it's going to be a very good year for us. Rebuilding this team will be a slow painful process.

IMO , we are a 2-3 win team, the new systems and talent level are going to take time to get on track. I think given our schedules and ACC conference affiliation, I think Dino's rebuild is every bit that Marrone's was.

Onward and upward with the rebuild... DINO!!

30 carries for a back in CFB is crazy even if that RB is named Fournette. IMO Fredericks is running the ball the best this. Yes it is usually in garbage time but he can make a guy miss. I don't see how one back gets 30 and the other gets zero during the normal course of play.

Of all the concerns, I agree with this the most. I haven't seen anything from Strickland to suggest he should be a between-the-tackles, 30 carry a game kind of back. Seems like the role's better suited to Fredericks, weird to see him as a third string guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom