Storming the court | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Storming the court

Is it ok to storm the court?

• We’re Syracuse. Such tomfoolery is beneath us as a program.

Votes: 24 16.9%
  • It’s ok but only if we knock off a top five (or top one) program

Votes: 78 54.9%
  • F@&$ YES YOLOOOOOOO

Votes: 40 28.2%

• Total voters
A few disjointed thoughts...

-Not analogous to football, that field is huge.
-This stuff has been happening forever, and seemingly fine (but maybe not)
-Flip just burned 2 hours on the court, had a bizarre ending, and suddenly was in the middle of waves of people coming at him. People aren't being truthful if many wouldn't have done what he did to protect himself.
-Also looked like Wake had students coming from both directions. With us at least the kids come from one side far away from the visitors tunnel.

A few disjointed thoughts...

-Not analogous to football, that field is huge.
-This stuff has been happening forever, and seemingly fine (but maybe not)
-Flip just burned 2 hours on the court, had a bizarre ending, and suddenly was in the middle of waves of people coming at him. People aren't being truthful if many wouldn't have done what he did to protect himself.
-Also looked like Wake had students coming from both directions. With us at least the kids come from one side far away from the visitors tunnel.

There are court stormings every single week. Fans run past players all the time and 99% of the time the players don’t initiate contact. So no, a vast majority of people wouldn’t do the same thing to “protect” themselves.

That being said, I’m not a fan of court stormings and would be fine if changes were made to decrease their frequency or eliminate them altogether.

Was just thinking that it’s interesting that NBA, NFL etc teams who have rabid fans have pretty much prevented any mass field, court stormings. Fear of arrest? Pro teams fear of liability?? Older fans for the most part???
I would imagine security has to be a huge issue that they have figured how to be pretty successful at somehow. Pro fans certainly celebrate but they seem to accept the expectation for the most part that they stay off the field, the court. Just a random thought.

It's a good thing JB is retired, he wouldn't be able to continue coaching if storming the sideline were banned.

So you think it’s more likely that a random student decided to intentionally yell at and try to shoulder tackle a Duke player, than it was that a Duke player tried to shove a random student running near him as he tried to exit the court?

I’m going with the latter because Occam’s Razor.
Who had a right to be on the court?

Was just thinking that it’s interesting that NBA, NFL etc teams who have rabid fans have pretty much prevented any mass field, court stormings. Fear of arrest? Pro teams fear of liability?? Older fans for the most part???
I would imagine security has to be a huge issue that they have figured how to be pretty successful at somehow. Pro fans certainly celebrate but they seem to accept the expectation for the most part that they stay off the field, the court. Just a random thought.

Its a tradition to "storm" for big wins in College. Its just not a thing in pro sports, so no one even thinks about it. Just have to think back to the Kawhi game winner in game 7 in Toronto which is probably the biggest buzzer beater in recent years -- nobody even thought about it - its just not part of the thought process as a pro fan.

Also the student factor.

Thanks, Winston.

What is our aim?
I can answer in one word: it is victory.

Go Orange!

Bessie Braddock (Member of Parliament): “Winston, you are drunk, and what’s more you are disgustingly drunk.”

Churchill: “Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.”

Why cant they just hold the students until the other team has been cleared from the floor?

Dang I didn’t even realize he absolutely was trying to trip and push that student. Yes it can be dangerous but also he engaged there and it backfired.
Yeah, it's always something extra with Duke. From Grayson Allen to Jay Williams acting self righteous about Duke with Oshae Brissett and Buddy in the past. They friggin rushed the football field there when they beat Clemson in the fall.

There are court stormings every single week. Fans run past players all the time and 99% of the time the players don’t initiate contact. So no, a vast majority of people wouldn’t do the same thing to “protect” themselves.

That being said, I’m not a fan of court stormings and would be fine if changes were made to decrease their frequency or eliminate them altogether.
did he get a foul?

This court storming was different in that the first students were out there running full speed the second the buzzer sounded. I’ll bet the kid Flip forearm shivered was running at about 1second. ( You can tell me he was just protecting himself but he absolutely threw his fore arm at the first kid )

Dang I didn’t even realize he absolutely was trying to trip and push that student. Yes it can be dangerous but also he engaged there and it backfired.
Never mind. This whole discussion is goofy AF.

Yeah and they generally look like this:

I always liked them, but Saturday wasn't right IMO. Guys should be able to get off the court.

Its a tradition to "storm" for big wins in College. Its just not a thing in pro sports, so no one even thinks about it. Just have to think back to the Kawhi game winner in game 7 in Toronto which is probably the biggest buzzer beater in recent years -- nobody even thought about it - its just not part of the thought process as a pro fan.

Also the student factor.
I remember Celtics fans rushing the court in the 80s. But, hey, it's Boston fans, you know what I'm sayin'?

Thanks, Winston.
1708958282433.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom