STs nightmare | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

STs nightmare

What happened to 8 across the line? 2 wide and then the punter. Stay tight and if the block team is going to try and go wide to block the kick, it’s going to require more steps to get home. Or overload the right side and let the punter roll right and rugby kick.
Door number 1 is always the way to go

It seems like most here don’t get it, which is obviously not surprising…..special teams at this level is hard, especially for a 1st year coach who turned over the roster.

Bill Parcells famously said….”there are football players and there are guys who play football. I’m looking for the football players”.

Specials in college, is where you find the football players.

I doubt with this kind of roster…very, VERY top heavy…..we have the type of talent to legitimately compete at a high level on specials.

With P, you could look at the KR team and say…ok, that’s the starting O in 2 years., the KO team?…. starting D.

A lot of the guys we had drafted in rounds 4-7….made it…because of specials.

Fran knows this, give it time.

But no more boneheaded mistakes!!!

It seems like most here don’t get it, which is obviously not surprising…..special teams at this level is hard, especially for a 1st year coach who turned over the roster.

Bill Parcells famously said….”there are football players and there are guys who play football. I’m looking for the football players”.

I doubt with this kind of roster…very, VERY top heavy…..we have the type of talent to legitimately compete at a high level on specials.

With P, you could look at the KR team and say…ok, that’s the starting O in 2 years., the KO team?…. starting D.

Well put.

So nothing to do with the coaching then?

So nothing to do with the coaching then?
I’ll invoke BOARD RULE #1.

At present, I’m happy to blame the talent level.

Don’t think Fran had time to recruit that kind of player depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom