SU and Rutgers Battling for Florida Bowl Slot | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU and Rutgers Battling for Florida Bowl Slot

Competing against Rutgers ought to be easy.

Here are the questions I'd pose to the bowls and the network the covers the bowl.

Who would TV viewers rather watch at QB in the 4th Quarter driving his team down for the final winning score --- Ryan Nassib or Gary Nova?

Are you at all interested in high national TV ratings and people that stay to watch the whole game because at least one of the teams has a superior offense? Unaffiliated viewers like lots of offensive fireworks.

If they know, then it's the Russell bowl.
Sorry, I read the facebook post wrong. Too early in AZ. Was not fully awake. It said "will" know

Competing against Rutgers ought to be easy.

Here are the questions I'd pose to the bowls and the network the covers the bowl.

Who would TV viewers rather watch at QB in the 4th Quarter driving his team down for the final winning score --- Ryan Nassib or Gary Nova?

Are you at all interested in high national TV ratings and people that stay to watch the whole game because at least one of the teams has a superior offense? Unaffiliated viewers like lots of offensive fireworks.

Going to take the eligible teams that will sell the most tickets/generate the most revenue. Like it or not, fair or otherwise, Rutgers is higher rated, has the better record, and beat Syracuse. Competing against them will not be easy b/c when you remove the home team bias, Rutgers is an easier sell.

Syracuse fans will generate more revenue in Orlando just based on local fan support. Hell, I've lived here for 13+ years and I've never even seen a single Rutgers fan down here. Plenty of ex-CNYers in Central Florida. Jerzey folks tend to migrate down to Ft Lauderdale/Miami area.

Syracuse fans will generate more revenue in Orlando just based on local fan support. Hell, I've lived here for 13+ years and I've never even seen a single Rutgers fan down here. Plenty of ex-CNYers in Central Florida. Jerzey folks tend to migrate down to Ft Lauderdale/Miami area.

if the russell bowl is getting virginia tech from the acc attendence wont be a problem so it would be on the field choice of which they would prefer syracuse or rutgers

Going to take the eligible teams that will sell the most tickets/generate the most revenue. Like it or not, fair or otherwise, Rutgers is higher rated, has the better record, and beat Syracuse. Competing against them will not be easy b/c when you remove the home team bias, Rutgers is an easier sell.

NUTS...

I agree that Jan 5 is terrible. It's too late and anyone that still cares about college football only cares about the title game. It's an NFL playoff day and even if there's no TV conflict, it's still how most are planning their day.

Having said that, I don't think of playing a CUSA team as a reward. Can't imagine juggling my schedule for it. It's not even an outdoor game right? Hate that bowl more than any other. Go to Tampa in March, much better then.

Why not we play 7 C-USA teams during our regular conference schedule ...

Marrone sent out that email pleading with fans to go to the bowl game. The compass bowl is the least likely to get fan support.

Ive never been to a bowl game but games im likely to go to are
1. pinstripe
2. russel
3. belk
4. compass

Hope for a warm location and decent oponent

Why not we play 7 C-USA teams during our regular conference schedule ...

If I was a Pitt/L'ville fan ...fight on

and if I was a Rutgirls fan I would say "you are correct sir".

Marrone sent out that email pleading with fans to go to the bowl game. The compass bowl is the least likely to get fan support.

Ive never been to a bowl game but games im likely to go to are
1. pinstripe
2. russel
3. belk
4. compass

Hope for a warm location and decent oponent

according to mcmurphy rutgers is going to russell bowl

If this is the criteria for selecting, then shouldn't Syracuse be a lock for the Pinstripe over a Pitt team who we beat, have a better record, and BCS rank?

I would rather see them play in Beef than Compass.

UCF or Bowling Green as opposed to Ole Miss?

No thank you. If we get the Beefaroni bowl I would be extremely disappointed to be playing one of those teams.

UCF or Bowling Green as opposed to Ole Miss?

No thank you. If we get the Beefaroni bowl I would be extremely disappointed to be playing one of those teams.

At least we'd have some fans in the seats ... and SU wouldn't be paying for all the unsold tickets.

rutgersal??

No.

Member of the Board of Trustees of the University.

And I think that you're missing the point of the post.

It appears that the schools do not want the Pinstripe Bowl - they don't want to play in NYC.

that wasn't my fault when i tried to post the 1st time it said error so i clicked again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom