SU Announces National Search for Women's Head Coach | Syracusefan.com

SU Announces National Search for Women's Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d thought they would wait until post season possibility was not an option.
My choice would be a more recent former wnba player with some head coaching experience.

I’d thought they would wait until post season possibility was not an option.
My choice would be a more recent former wnba player with some head coaching experience.
It's already the post season for Syracuse. This just gives the University a head start on doing their due diligence in hiring a new HC. And giving whoever they may hire time to recruit.

It's already the post season for Syracuse. This just gives the University a head start on doing their due diligence in hiring a new HC. And giving whoever they may hire time to recruit.
Megan Duffy from Marquette, played at Notre Dame, coach for 2 years at Miami of Ohio. In her 3rd year at Marquette. She is in her 30's knows how to recruit, could be a great hire.

Hoping whoever new HC is that she/he brings in high level recruiters/ coaches and an excellent post player coach who is also a top recruiter, perhaps with WNBA experience !

Hoping whoever new HC is that she/he brings in high level recruiters/ coaches and an excellent post player coach who is also a top recruiter, perhaps with WNBA experience !
Megan Duffy played a few years in WNBA before going into coaching, a point guard, seem to be good coaches.

WNBA experience is nice but doesn't guarantee that you'll be a good coach, just look at Tina Thompson, Sheryl Swoops.

Hope Morrow gets to stay if not hope she gets a chance to grow in her coaching career.

WNBA experience is nice but doesn't guarantee that you'll be a good coach, just look at Tina Thompson, Sheryl Swoops.

Hope Morrow gets to stay if not hope she gets a chance to grow in her coaching career.
I hear the coach at S. Carolina is pretty good.

Muffet McGraw is only 66 and she looks bored on TV. She would be the first person I would ask.
She already had advocated for Duffy as being one of her former players as being a good young coach.

Agreed, that aspect just lands gravitas for recruiting purposes. Someone without that could prove just as or more capable!

Don’t overthink this. FLJ.

200w.gif

Roots with the orange, great recruiter, has a great talent with her at UB that’ll come with her, a phenomenal leader of young women. Good enough for me

Gotta love Felisha and it will be interesting to see who applies for the job! We have the facilities and support to build a top tier program in ACC and nationally!

Felisha checks a lot of boxes and her passion and love for SU can't really be matched by other candidates. If she is not the choice, then I think SU needs to be pro-active and approach coaches as they might not be as incline to apply since Felisha already stated it is "dream job"

No matter who we choose the next 2-3 yrs will be difficult getting the program moving up. We have zero incoming recruits and will have to compete with more establish programs for portal players. Next year will be harder than this year.

An experienced, successful, proven recruiter can build a dynamic team using the Portal and overlooked gems from the High School ranks. Plus we have the potential of returning starters plus Priscilla!

If she/he is currently a HC it is likely that some current players and recruits will follow that coach!

An experienced, successful, proven recruiter can build a dynamic team using the Portal and overlooked gems from the High School ranks. Plus we have the potential of returning starters plus Priscilla!

If she/he is currently a HC it is likely that some current players and recruits will follow that coach!
A young and proven coach, who has experience at high levels in college, played a few years in the WNBA, and has 5 records of 20+ wins. 2 at Miami of Ohio, and 3 more at Marquette should be one of the first interviews. Megan Duffy is who I would like. She would get to coach against her old school Notre Dame.
She knows what it takes to compete at a high level, and this conference, that is what you need. In her 30's she could build a women's legacy like JB did for the men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom