SU bowl projections | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

If I was projecting right now, I would have Clemson in the playoff, Wake in the Orange, us in the Gator and UNC in the Cheez It.

We really need Clemson to hold serve, finish undefeated and get in the playoff and find a way to finish at least 9-3.

If you look at SU's schedule objectively, I think you have to pencil in losses on the road to Clemson and Wake. We will be double digit underdogs for both of those games.

I like our chances against ND and FSU at home. I like our chances at BC. Pitt on the road will be tough. That seems like a 50-50 game to me.

If we only lose one of those games and end up 9-3, I think we did well.

UNC is 6-1 and has the following games left:

Pitt
at UVa
at Wake
GT
NC State

I think they will lose at Wake. Pitt and NC State are coin flip type games to me. I think they split those. They might lose another one but probably not. I have them finishing 9-3.

Wake is 5-1 and has the following games left:

BC
at UL
at NC State
UNC
Syracuse
at Duke

I think we have the best shot at beating them. Already said I think they will win against us. They have a realistic chance to finish 11-1.

If they do and we finish 9-3, they get the Orange and we or UNC gets the Gator. Given UNC always seems to get the best treatment in these kinds of things, I would expect them to get the Gator if we both finish 9-3 and we get the Cheez It.

Pitt is 4-2 and has the following games left:

at UL
at UNC
Syracuse
at UVa
Duke
at UM

There are a bunch of 50-50 type games left for them. Really not sure how this will end up. My gut feeling is that they will lose on the road to UNC and UM and lose at home to us to finish 7-5. But this is a weak schedule; the only ranked team they have left is us. For now, I am not including them or NC State in consideration for the good Florida bowls.

If we get down to an 8-4 record, that could change.

I think we need to get at least 9 wins in the regular season to ensure we get a bowl in Florida. And even then, I am not sure how things work. I think the Holiday Bowl pays more than the Cheez It Bowl. Does that mean they can choose before the Cheez It, and override the desires of the school they are picking?
Not sure why Syracuse would be double digit underdogs to wake, their offense has been impressive but their defense has been like Swiss cheese

Not sure why Syracuse would be double digit underdogs to wake, their offense has been impressive but their defense has been like Swiss cheese
I think their defense is a lot better than last year. That said, yes, double digit favorites is probably a bit over the top.

I think we have a chance but assuming their are no major injuries, I think they will be favored and they will probably win.

Surprised so many have Syracuse penciled into the Orange. I assume that means a lot of 'experts' think we are going to beat them head to head (and win a bunch of other games too).

Hope it happens. The Orange Bowl would be awesome.

I think their defense is a lot better than last year. That said, yes, double digit favorites is probably a bit over the top.

I think we have a chance but assuming their are no major injuries, I think they will be favored and they will probably win.

Surprised so many have Syracuse penciled into the Orange. I assume that means a lot of 'experts' think we are going to beat them head to head (and win a bunch of other games too).

If the game was played this Saturday, Wake would open as a 4 point favorite at home according to Sagarin Predictor ratings.

If the game was played this Saturday, Wake would open as a 4 point favorite at home according to Sagarin Predictor ratings.
Sagarin is a low rank outlier. Really lagging

yeah, I am surprised about some of the Orange Bowl predictions too. I would love it to say the least, but I am still feeling Cheez-It Bowl with a 9-3 record, which would be terrific for this program after the last 3 years

If it’s the same as 2018 then it would be Cheez It over Gator
If thats the case lets make if to the Cheez It bowl. I wish if was still the Champs Camping World Bowl.

I think I would prefer the Gator Bowl, want to face an SEC team. Cheez it bowl would be fine too

I had us going 6-6 with us being 4-2 at this point. So my new expectation with the +2 right now would be 8-4.
I think we hold serve and pick up 1 on the road. Worst case split at home and 1 road.
I like us against pitt and BC so with a split at home thats 9 for me

First sign that we garnered a lot of respect even with the loss: the 2-4-7 guy who I have been killing moved us all the way up from the Fenway to the Cheez-It and was very complimentary in his comments.

Edit: forgot to say that three days ago when he made his pick for the Clemson game, he called us overrated and said Clemson would cover. He no longer is calling us overrated

Last edited:
That would be a fun one. Cheez it would basically have the standings at Clemson/Wake/Us/Coastal champ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom