SU bowl projections | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

I just want the players and fans to go somewhere warm. And not Otto's see you in hell warm but Florida or the like.

You better land that first punch lol

Actually his Dad is cool in person...fun to talk to
Both true.

He's paid attention to strength and conditioning for 40 years... I might put my $$ on him over some of our D Line guys...(He was benching more than most of them)

Skip the punch, share some shots. ;-)

Last edited:
Guessing we go to Fenway. On December 17th, nice and early in bowl season so our destroyed by injury defense has less time to heal then the bowls later in the month we blew

Guessing we go to Fenway. On December 17th, nice and early in bowl season so our destroyed by injury defense has less time to heal then the bowls later in the month we blew

My guess is Fenway vs. Tulane.

Bowl Possibilities...so 8-4 is the best record. Honestly I think the team hit a tipping point on injuries a few weeks ago and 6-6 or 7-5 is most likely.

Here are the bowls I think are likely in our future. Some are bowl games that the ACC has secondary agreements with. My best guess is in chronological order:

Fenway (Boston) Bowl Sat Dec 17th ESPN
Gasparilla (Tampa) Bowl Fri Dec 23rd ESPN
Birmingham (AL) Bowl Tues Dec 27th ESPN
First Responder (Dallas) Bowl Tues Dec 27th ESPN
Military (Annapolis) Bowl Wed Dec 28th ESPN
Pinstripe (NYC) Bowl Thurs Dec 29th ESPN

I’m just hoping it’s not Fenway as I have the last two weeks off in December and it’s tough to get time off of work on short notice. My boss knows I’m a STH and is great about it, but we won’t know til 12/4 and the Fenway is 12/17.

I’m just hoping it’s not Fenway as I have the last two weeks off in December and it’s tough to get time off of work on short notice. My boss knows I’m a STH and is great about it, but we won’t know til 12/4 and the Fenway is 12/17.
We will have just played in Boston in late November. It was be insane to ask Syracuse fans to go there twice in a month.

Of course, this said, it might still happen but I think we end up in NYC or Annapolis. Or maybe Tampa. (Really hoping for Tampa).

Last edited:
We will have just played in Boston in late November. It was be insane to ask Syracuse fans to go there twice in a month.

Of course, it will might happen but I think we end up in NYC or Annapolis. Or maybe Tampa. (Really hoping for Tampa).
That’s a good point, didn’t think about the BC game aspect. I hope that would be taken into consideration.

Cuse may not end up anywhere with a possible six game losing streak nor would they deserve to even go bowling. This program is a mess and all fingers should be pointing at Dino.

I fear it's our destiny.
4043BF58-9200-44B2-8864-B0B589C569DD.jpeg

Of course, this said, it might still happen but I think we end up in NYC or Annapolis. Or maybe Tampa. (Really hoping for Tampa).
I think Tampa has a shot based on Miami at 5-5. Miami will go to Tampa but if they fail to qualify for a bowl we could make a deal to take that slot and allow UCONN to slip into Fenway as the local option. In other words if Miami missed a bowl the ACC will leave one slot open and we should push for Florida over Boston if we are the last choice team for the bowls. As a new bowl Fenway will have little pull in picking teams.

Personally at this point, I would rather the pinstripe bowl

Easy to travel to, don’t have to take on a huge expense for a team that barely has a heartbeat

Bowl Possibilities...so 8-4 is the best record. Honestly I think the team hit a tipping point on injuries a few weeks ago and 6-6 or 7-5 is most likely.

Here are the bowls I think are likely in our future. Some are bowl games that the ACC has secondary agreements with. My best guess is in chronological order:

Fenway (Boston) Bowl Sat Dec 17th ESPN
Gasparilla (Tampa) Bowl Fri Dec 23rd ESPN
Birmingham (AL) Bowl Tues Dec 27th ESPN
First Responder (Dallas) Bowl Tues Dec 27th ESPN
Military (Annapolis) Bowl Wed Dec 28th ESPN
Pinstripe (NYC) Bowl Thurs Dec 29th ESPN

I think Military is the only one I would want to attend this year. Ideally against ECU for old times sake. Plus they would have a bunch of fans too. If Gasparilla was a week later I would be in for that. I probably would go to Fenway and Pinstripe but I don't want to. No way I am traveling to Birmingham or Dallas. Can't justify the flight cost for this SU team.

I think Tampa has a shot based on Miami at 5-5. Miami will go to Tampa but if they fail to qualify for a bowl we could make a deal to take that slot and allow UCONN to slip into Fenway as the local option. In other words if Miami missed a bowl the ACC will leave one slot open and we should push for Florida over Boston if we are the last choice team for the bowls. As a new bowl Fenway will have little pull in picking teams.
Miami has to play at Clemson and at home against Pitt to finish off the year.

I expect them to lose both but it is a crazy year and it is possible Miami could beat Pitt at home.

No ACC team has played in the Gasparilla since 2014.

The thing that worries me is if the ACC is not able to fill all its bowl affiliations, how likely is it that we will get assigned to a bowl without a direct ACC tie in?

I suspect this is not going to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom