SU bowl projections | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Man, Michigan State just blew it by losing to crap Indiana yesterday, they aren’t beating PSU. A couple of 5-7 teams could sneak in, glad BC is 3-8, less for them to play for next weekend since they always have a really high APR. also means Maryland needs to knock off Shady, give them no chance either since they always have a high APR

Last edited:
You honestly think fans will travel well when the product on the field is complete and utter garbage right now? The last two games, other than the defense and at times special teams, the product has been borderline unwatchable.
With this epic collapse, I am worried SYR fans will not show. The athletic department will eat a ton of unsold bowl tickets in that case.

Last edited:
So with ND being with the ACC bowls that means there are 10 teams currently in the ACC. As long as Miami or GT doesn’t win then the second tier bowls, ala Gasparilla, Birmingham, etc won’t be used. Which means we will most likely get Pinstripe bowl. If either of the two teams above wins then we may get banished to the Gasparilla in Tampa due to the amount of alumni close by that would possibly by tixs since it’s close. Ultimately we control our destiny by winning or losing. A 7-5 team has better odds to move around versus a 6-6 bottom of the conference team

Any Bowl but Fenway. But ACC has other idea. I think they add Fenway for Syracuse or Pittsburgh. Since Pitt will get the higher tier bowl this year, we are in danger.

Any Bowl but Fenway. But ACC has other idea. I think they add Fenway for Syracuse or Pittsburgh. Since Pitt will get the higher tier bowl this year, we are in danger.
Agreed and BC. Without BC we are probably the best option for Fenway. I see a 7-5 Pitt in the Pinstripe. If both Syracuse and Pitt win their finale then I could see Syracuse in Pinstripe and Pitt somewhere warm.

My guess:

7-5: Pinstripe
6-6 and Miami eligible: Gasparilla
6-6 and Miami not eligible: Fenway

Sorry Ga Tech, you aren’t beating Georgia so I left them out
I agree with some of this and I believe it’s down to these 3 options. Projections seem to think we only go to Gasparilla if Miami is 5-7. Gasparilla will very likely take Miami if eligible. Fenway becomes more of an option if Miami gets 6 wins. I do think we may politic to go to Tampa over Boston if in fact we go 6-6 and the ACC leaves one open. Let UConn fill the Fenway void.

Right now I’m predicting SU in the Pinstripe Bowl vs. Wisconsin.
I would much rather see us matched against Wisc. (or antother BIG team) than against an AAC team in Fenway. The Gasparilla Bowl (vs AAC, PAC-12 or SEC) could be intriguing.

The bowls have a vote in who they want to play too.

Usually one of the Virginia or Carolina Schools seems to end up playing in that Bowl.
True. Though TBF that’s 80 percent of the conference we have only made a bowl 2 times since joining

True. Though TBF that’s 80 percent of the conference we have only made a bowl 2 times since joining
It has more to do with bowls trying to have teams that they think will draw the largest crowd. If you have a bowl in Carolina it makes sense to have a Carolina or Virginia team.

McMurphy has Syracuse - UConn in Gasparilla. Lazy.

Nobody wanted to see that game when it was driving distance for all involved.

And NOBODY wants a rematch in the bowl of a team they played that season.

Nobody wanted to see that game when it was driving distance for all involved.

And NOBODY wants a rematch in the bowl of a team they played that season.
It’s amazing how many of these bowl projection people do that. Lazy lazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom