SU bowl projections | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Fenway sucks because amongst other reasons it is so early. There are guys we won’t be getting back no matter when the bowl is but Fenway vs Pinstripe is a big difference in terms of days off. Fenway is better than nothing of course

Fenway sucks because amongst other reasons it is so early. There are guys we won’t be getting back no matter when the bowl is but Fenway vs Pinstripe is a big difference in terms of days off. Fenway is better than nothing of course
Agreed. The rehab time itself would be a huge bonus to players who just need time to heal. The team played with heart last night but they need to heal and get back to 100% showed. All teams have the same issue, no special or new concept or revelation, just time to heal. Twelve days is a huge bonus to the athletes.

Here are three games that make a lot of sense for Syracuse:

Bad Bad Mowers Pinstripe Bowl
Opponent: Big Ten
Where: Yankee Stadium in the Bronx
When: Dec. 29; 2 p.m.; ESPN

Why it makes sense? It’s been 10 years since the Orange played in this bowl game, and the Pinstripe will relish a Northeast anchor to help sell tickets.

There’s a pair of Big Ten West options in Illinois and Minnesota that will make for juicy storylines: Could Syracuse face its former quarterback (Illinois’ Tommy DeVito) or its former athletic director (Mark Coyle)?

Pittsburgh, at 8-4, is the one school the Pinstripe might jump at to pair with a Big Ten school in the Bronx. The Panthers beat the Orange head-to-head and haven’t played in the game since 2016.

Wasabi Fenway Bowl
Opponent: American
Where: Fenway Park in Boston
When: Dec. 17; 11 a.m.; ESPN

Why it makes sense? If the Pinstripe takes Pittsburgh, that leaves just one other regional school for the Northeast-based bowl to choose.

The Fenway Bowl has been trying to stage a game for three years after Covid concerns canceled the game in 2020 and 2021.

Syracuse helped launch the Pinstripe Bowl in 2010.

It can do so again at Fenway Park against an old Big East rival. (Cincinnati perhaps?)

Military Bowl Presented by Peraton
Opponent: American
Where: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland
When: Dec. 28; 2 p.m.; ESPN

Why it makes sense? Dino Babers’ father served in the Navy, and Syracuse University committed to the National Veterans Resource Center, making the institution a natural fit for a game centered around the military.

Like the Fenway Bowl, this game was canceled each of the past two seasons because of Covid concerns.
I have been thinking Military Bowl for a while now.

Besides these reasons, everyone knows Syracuse has a strong alumni presence in the DC metro area. We rarely play football there’s and when we do, we bring a lot of fans.

Plus, we have a number of players on the team from the area. Some are major leaders on the tea. I strongly suspect the players prefer playing in Annapolis to the other options.

UVa and V Tech are the natural fits for this game but both had horrible seasons and are not eligible to go bowling. I bet they would prefer us over all the other options from the ACC.

Pitt’s best player (Izzy) is from NYC. They recruit NYC and NJ hard and playing there will help them.

Hoping against hope we get the Military.

I know it doesn’t matter, but technically we finished 3td in the division right?

Yes. May not matter for bowl placement, but it’s something we should be happy about.

Thankfully, no Florida probably!??!

Excited to get to go to real cities and states. Historic Fenway, NYC, or Annapolis?!! Awesome!

Yeah I didn’t realize the Fenway bowl was so damn early. 12/17? Hard pass. Bowl games before Christmas suck.

Yeah I didn’t realize the Fenway bowl was so damn early. 12/17? Hard pass. Bowl games before Christmas suck.
I’m trying to look on the bright side. Christmas-New Years is going to be busy with things to do anyway.

This is taking an otherwise pointless weekend of 8 hours of daylight suck, and making it more fun and exciting. I’ll take a weekend in Boston to watch Cuse at Fenway!

I’m trying to look on the bright side. Christmas-New Years is going to be busy with things to do anyway.

This is taking an otherwise pointless weekend of 8 hours of daylight suck, and making it more fun and exciting. I’ll take a weekend in Boston to watch Cuse at Fenway!
I get it. But speaking only for myself, I always take the week between Xmas and New Years off. The weekend before Xmas is going to be full of doing other things. Schlepping up to Boston might not be in the cards.

Would agree , but would love to get 2 rounds of Golf in December!

Hoping for Annapolis. Want to visit an area I've never been. Plus a lot of the AAC teams are fun to watch and have bad defenses. Makes for entertaining game
I may...MAY...try to get to that bowl in Annapolis. That's the only one I would likely travel for

I just hope anything but Fenway to make most players heal.
Yeah I fear we'll end up there. Unusual this year in that there are no 6-6 ACC teams, so a 7-5 squad has to play in Boston. Not sure who else is a good fit for a 12/17 bowl game- Wake Forest might be the best since they don't really travel anyways, or maybe Louisville if Cunningham opts out or can't play. Can't see any of the other southern schools interested in that one- hopefully the fact that we just played there rules us out and we end up in the Pinstripe or Military, both of who I assume would love to have us given our fan base...

Yeah I fear we'll end up there. Unusual this year in that there are no 6-6 ACC teams, so a 7-5 squad has to play in Boston. Not sure who else is a good fit for a 12/17 bowl game- Wake Forest might be the best since they don't really travel anyways, or maybe Louisville if Cunningham opts out or can't play. Can't see any of the other southern schools interested in that one- hopefully the fact that we just played there rules us out and we end up in the Pinstripe or Military, both of who I assume would love to have us given our fan base...
I would assume Fenway Bowl reps were at the game last night. Maybe the brawls turned them off to us and we go elsewhere. Hey, trying anything I can think of here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom