SU bowl projections | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Why would you think that it's sad. That's part of being in a good conference with lots of bowl ties.
It’s sad that they don’t get playoff money, totally fair, but that’s a lot of dough! Syracuse plays their part yearly in helping Clemson make it to the playoff lol

More is better
Well the conference is getting them all either way (before dividing up) with acc teams locked into them all so if all shared equally it really doesn’t matter.

I think I liked how the Big East used to do it (at least when we were making bowls regularly) where the team would get half of payout for bowl they made then other half went into pool to be divided up. A little more of a reward for making a better tier bowl game.

all bowl money is shared outside the playoff
That is my understanding too. Pinstripe would likely have the best ratings of the three bowls too. However, personally I'd prefer a warm weather game I could drive too. Totally understand some wanting the other bowls.

all bowl money is shared outside the playoff
Is this true? I can't believe the league does not get a share of the money for a team that makes the CFP. Does all of it go into the pool? No, I get it - CFP teams get a larger share as a reward/to over expenses/etc.

Are you saying the league gets none? Because that's how I read your post. If that's not what you meant, apologies.

I remember watching that live interview with Gross during the bowl game and could tell he was going to fire Coach P after. He should have at least given him a year to see how things were going and not base his coaching off of one blowout.

Instead Gross hired a guy who had never even been to Syracuse…
You can't have a lame duck P5 college football coach. The move was to either fire him after regular season or extend.

Is this true? I can't believe the league does not get a share of the money for a team that makes the CFP. Does all of it go into the pool? No, I get it - CFP teams get a larger share as a reward/to over expenses/etc.

Are you saying the league gets none? Because that's how I read your post. If that's not what you meant, apologies.
the league gets a cut just like the tv money

So did Clemson losing and now 0% chance of CFP push us all down a bowl in the pecking order?

ohio state losing has to help our chances of the reliquest bowl for acc

Currently my projection would be something like this
(disclaimer i have pit beating miami and us winning vs bc)

Orange- Clemson or UNC
Reliquest or NY 6- ND
Cheez it- UNC or Clemson or FSU
Holiday- UNC or FSU
Tony the tiger- Pitt or Duke
Mayo- Pitt or Duke or NC State
Military- NC State or Duke
Pinstripe- Syracuse
Fenway- Louisville
Gasparilla- Wake

If ND or FSU make NY 6, all bowl slots slide up one except we stay in pinstripe so wake or Louisville slide up to Military in place of Gasparilla

Playoff gets messy if USC loses or LSU beats Georgia as I think Georgia, Michigan and TCU are near locks

A healthy Syracuse against some B10 team in the Pinstripe. It’ll be a hard matchup for us but the month of healing and practices will even that out.

A healthy Syracuse against some B10 team in the Pinstripe. It’ll be a hard matchup for us but the month of healing and practices will even that out.
Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like most of our injured players are gonna be much healthier in 4 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom