SU bowl projections | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Start walking east now?
I suggest running...since it is a tad over 26 miles away

maxresdefault.jpg

LMAO. Yes, America will be fascinated by a QB they've never heard of playing against his old team that they don't care about.
Good point, by third tier bowl standards it will do well. But obviously these bowls don’t depend big ratings or they wouldn’t exist .

You know I just knew that it was going to be one of those too a cold-weather game that is the issue I do not like it I'm sure they don't and the fans don't obviously as well I mean why do they even have that I mean I think the stalgia is where is worn off after a couple years of playing their what's the big deal. So I mean I think they could have got or just move get rid of the pinstriped and whatever the Fenway whatever the hell it is get rid of those two bowls and put them somewhere else where it is warm because you should be rewarded for going to a bowl I know you got the money but this is not a reward

I mean it's always about money anyway because I usually stick ass in that area because of we have obviously a lot more alumni in that area and they don't want to have a completely empty Stadium because that's a little embarrassing for the bowl, for the team's unfortunately even though it shouldn't be and definitely the NCAA! But hey what the heck else is new right LOL

Pinstripe vs Illinois is a ratings winner for ESPN. Make it happen!!
It will add some intrigue, definitely for Cuse and lllini, not sure how much the rest of country cares, but I believe it happens, Illini has to buy in

We will get clobbered by Illinois. They will run it down our throat. We want no part of that matchup.
Brown might not play, I think he's banged up and might sit out because of NFL hopes

If my memory serves me didn't we have a very good turn out at a Florida Bowl in 2018 vs. WVU at the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, with 35K+ in Orange, and pretty good TV ratings. I don't know why we have to be pigeon holed into a Northeast Bowl with that positive attendance/ratings for a Florida Bowl.

If my memory serves me didn't we have a very good turn out at a Florida Bowl in 2018 vs. WVU at the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, with 35K+ in Orange, and pretty good TV ratings. I don't know why we have to be pigeon holed into a Northeast Bowl with that positive attendance/ratings for a Florida Bowl.
because we are 7-5 this year vs 9-3 that year

we don't match up great vs. minnesota as well, they have a great RB that will carry it quite a bit.

We will get clobbered by Illinois. They will run it down our throat. We want no part of that matchup.

The Illinois offense is rated in the 80's at 300 ypg and their run offense is ranked #49. Our Defense will be just fine.

It's the Illinois defense to be worried about. #2 scoring defense in the Nation and #3 overall vs our anemic Offense.

This would be like a 9-6 type game in the cold. Joy.

Brett McMurphy (the guy Joe Giglio thinks has the best sources) just released an updated set of bowl projections.

The biggest development here is that he has Ohio State in the Orange Bowl. That is big because it gives the ACC a slot in the Reliaquest Bowl, which in effect moves all ACC schools who have qualified for a bowl up one spot.

He has Syracuse in the Pinstripe now. If Ohio State does play in the Orange Bowl (if they do, I think they are going to kill Clemson), I think the Pinstripe is now the worst case scenario for Syracuse.

He has Wake in the Military. I think given their druthers, that bowl would prefer to take Syracuse. And that Syracuse would also prefer to play there rather than at Yankee Stadium. Thinking if Ohio State goes to the Orange, we are most likely going to the Military. Though the Gasparilla or Birmingham might also be in play.

When they announce the New Year's bowls, pay special attention to the Orange, and whether they get a B1G school. If so, I think this is good news for Syracuse (and all other ACC bowl bound schools).

The Illinois offense is rated in the 80's at 300 ypg and their run offense is ranked #49. Our Defense will be just fine.

It's the Illinois defense to be worried about. #2 scoring defense in the Nation and #3 overall vs our anemic Offense.

With all due respect, Illinois would destroy us. It would not be close.

Illinois is a power run and short quick pass offense. They are very physical on offense and burn a lot of clock. Exactly the kind of team that gave us issues in our 5 game losing streak. I don’t like the matchup and perfect a different team. In the end we have to play whoever we get so it doesn’t really matter.

Think the Pinstripe is sixth or seventh in the Big Ten pecking order. Illinois won't fall that far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom