SU fundraising/#BoostCuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU fundraising/#BoostCuse

Wow! I wonder how much they usually expect to make at these things.

They're probably taking notes on how to reach more alumni in the next campaign. For the number of donors they had give what they did, it has to be encouraging on what can be done going forward.

Keep the giving up.. AZ peeps on here, I need to up my AZ numbers...give, give, give!!!

I just called mine in. I give to a bunch of different University funds, half of which are not listed online. The Football Coach’s Fund received some of my $.

They are working on it. I am at the event in the alumni photo posted above, and that is exactly the question I asked. I also have asked it before. Wishart will be getting that done it appears. I also asked about Venmo. He said most likely PayPal, but not Venmo. They know that more will donate with the convenience of PayPal. I pointed this out to them.
Yes, this is our first 24 hour giving campaign, and they know that they were way behind many other schools in doing this. Many things in the SU culture are changing, and this is one of them.
Also the new goal is called One University, which is to unite all aspects of SU under one banner and to unite all areas of SU including alumni, giving, academics, research, etc.

Thank you! I donated today and it was very easy. I hate the idea of someone getting to the last step and then bailing cause their credit card is in the other room. May I suggest adding Amazon Pay too?

I thought it was funny that one of the SU students was dialing out to solicit $$, not knowing that I’d donated 30 minutes earlier. Oops... ;)

They can do this twice a year. Once around National Orange Day, the other within 2 weeks of alumni weekend.

They are working on it. I am at the event in the alumni photo posted above, and that is exactly the question I asked. I also have asked it before. Wishart will be getting that done it appears. I also asked about Venmo. He said most likely PayPal, but not Venmo. They know that more will donate with the convenience of PayPal. I pointed this out to them.
Yes, this is our first 24 hour giving campaign, and they know that they were way behind many other schools in doing this. Many things in the SU culture are changing, and this is one of them.
Also the new goal is called One University, which is to unite all aspects of SU under one banner and to unite all areas of SU including alumni, giving, academics, research, etc.

I guarantee you that if the school could somehow incorporate Venmo, it will significantly increase donation rates from the younger, more recent alumni. The ease of donating with as little as 3 'clicks' is almost irresistible.

Side note: I would love to see how much money the SUAD could raise if it ever got into an arms race to keep Babers here. This is amazingly unlikely, but I'm curious as to how much the Cuse football fans could raise in 48 hours.

Last edited:
Thank you! I donated today and it was very easy. I hate the idea of someone getting to the last step and then bailing cause their credit card is in the other room. May I suggest adding Amazon Pay too?
Honestly they are being dumb if they don’t make giving money as easy as possible. Open up every avenue that you possibly can. Lucky for me I have my CC saved into my computer.

Side note: I would love to see how much money the SUAD could raise if it ever got into a arms race to keep Babers here. This is amazingly unlikely, but I'm curious as to how much the Cuse football fans could raise in 48 hours.

Didn't we (cusefan.com) raise a cool $50k for the IPF? For Babers, I bet we hit 2 mil in the first hour lol

Side note: I would love to see how much money the SUAD could raise if it ever got into a arms race to keep Babers here. This is amazingly unlikely, but I'm curious as to how much the Cuse football fans could raise in 48 hours.

Let's do it. I have no problem setting it up. I really think we should do this. While it might not put a dent in Babers salary, who knows, my it helps with a nutritionist??

Last edited:
Let's do it. I have no problem setting it up. I really think we should do this. While it might not put a dent in Babers salary, who knows, my it helps with a nutritionist??

I would gladly donate to a Babers-directed fund. The fans starting their own fundraiser for him would be impressive. Maybe we should see if Jason Poles wants to provide some input.

I would gladly donate to a Babers-directed fund. The fans starting their own fundraiser for him would be impressive. Maybe we should see if Jason Poles wants to provide some input.
Jason is a great asset and very personable

I am sure he would provide guidance

Jason Allen Poles <japoles @ syr.edu> Great guy. Always responds via email

You can donate online via SU for Dino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom