SU opens +3 vs BC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens +3 vs BC

I try not to over-share things from my bedroom, but I'll make an exception here.

Picture this: Sunday night, non-REM, Stage 1 EEG recording: theta waves - low voltage

I look up towards my ceiling and I see Frank Maloney just hovering. He had his famous headset on but he was wearing plaid pajamas. I tried to look away, but my head forcibly snapped back to his gaze, and he said in almost a whisper, "Go the distance"

I have no idea what any of this means. But I took it to be a harbinger for a curb stomping of Massachusetts residents on a Friday night. Thus my enthusiasm.

HH34UYLEQ5FTVLHKGT72QFAHH4.jpg

Few things I did not know about Maloney:
1. He was very young at SU as HC. Was he our youngest HC?
2. He had Tom Coughlin as an OC. Once he was fired, he went to BC to be a wr coach. Curious if any of our historians knew if Macpherson considered keeping him on board
3. We made a bowl game not playing any home games. I think I knew this but amazing in hindsight

I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight

Not touching the side. I like the OVER.

If I could bet an SU game, I think I’d bet the under. I think our defense comes out fired up but I have big worries with the offense. It’s getting thinner and thinner. Regardless of what anyone thinks of an individual player or unit, what we had/have is reality. Our OL has been viewed as a weakness most of the year. Now we’re down 4 of our top 7. We might have a 3rd stringer at one spot. Same with WR. We’re down like 4 of our top 6-7 and that wasn’t a position of strength.

Add to that Shrader appears to be 75% of himself and it’s no bueno on the offensive side.

If I could bet an SU game, I think I’d bet the under. I think our defense comes out fired up but I have big worries with the offense. It’s getting thinner and thinner. Regardless of what anyone thinks of an individual player or unit, what we had/have is reality. Our OL has been viewed as a weakness most of the year. Now we’re down 4 of our top 7. We might have a 3rd stringer at one spot. Same with WR. We’re down like 4 of our top 6-7 and that wasn’t a position of strength.

Add to that Shrader appears to be 75% of himself and it’s no bueno on the offensive side.
Shay Mitchell Needs Improvement GIF by BuzzFeed

The present line is SU -2.5 and ESPN has us as 75% vs 25%. I'm not sure why, but if we lose this game we will most likely end up 4-8.

I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight I won't bet on Syracuse tonight
IMG_3317.png

I think Maloney was on Lou Saban's staff at Northwestern with George Steinbrenner. That's Nick Saban's connection to SYR, Maloney hired Lou's son as our LB coach when Frank was our head coach. It was one of Nick Saban's first jobs. After Maloney got canned after 80, Frank went on to a long career with Chicago Cubs as their vp or director of ticket operations. I always thought Frank did an adequate job, we were in a bad spot with poor facilities, underfunded. We got the Dome in 80 and fired Maloney following that season. We got Mac so it was OK.
I read up on it and Maloney resigned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom