SU reaches out to Jason Cabinda | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

SU reaches out to Jason Cabinda

How many kids do you think we should take out of NYS on an annual basis?
Take or out-recruit?
Good players have options, I just want to be the home state university that gets the majority of those players.
NYS ususally has about 4-10 top D1 players a year, I'd like to get 60% of those no matter the number. This shows how poorly we've done. We're getting 10-20%
http://hsnewyork.At their request, ...ed from this site./a.z?s=403&p=9&c=13&yr=2014

I just did a spit take. SU is doing fine recruiting NYS? When did we win a significant recruiting battle in NY?
No matter the number we need to do a better job recruiting NY. Every top college recruits their homestate well.
Reddish and Morgan come to mind. Edwards would've been had the staff stayed intact.

Besides NY State kids we haven't done so well with Legacy recruits or kids of grads that we really wanted

Class of 2014 Corey Holmes Notre Dame son of David Holmes of that 1987 undefeated SU team
Class of 2011 Ishaq Williams Notre Dame son of SU grads
Class of 2008 Joey Ehrmann Wake Forest son of Joe Ehrmann Class of 1972
Class of 2008 Art Forst Rutgers (can't find his dad in SU letter winners, thought he played for SU or did he attend here?)
Class of 2007 Rob Gronkowski Arizona son of Gordie Gronkowski who played on that 1979 Independence Bowl team

There are others but those are off the top of my head

Lol that's what I mean I was being sarcastic. Ogundeko did nada at Clemson and they have some monster recruits coming in. Will he ever play? Who knows
couldn't fans of 200 other schools use this same logic against all the great freshmen who sit on our bench for basketball? Instead of wasting our time questioning their logic, let's make ourself the desired destination.

couldn't fans of 200 other schools use this same logic against all the great freshmen who sit on our bench for basketball? Instead of wasting our time questioning their logic, let's make ourself the desired destination.
I agree...but I was never impressed (same with I. Williams) with his tape. It's disappointing to lose a NYC kid, but I'm not so sure he'll ever be a factor at Clemson. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

they do use that same logic against us. i've seen plenty of buttgers basketball fans bemoaning that fact.

they do use that same logic against us. i've seen plenty of buttgers basketball fans bemoaning that fact.
right, so i want us to quit acting like rutgers basketball fans with all the rationalization. if someone doesn't buy your product, make the product more appealing (or position/learn how to sell the same product more effectively). don't question their decision-making. does no good and just makes us look small time.

Besides NY State kids we haven't done so well with Legacy recruits or kids of grads that we really wanted

Class of 2014 Corey Holmes Notre Dame son of David Holmes of that 1987 undefeated SU team
Class of 2008 Art Forst Rutgers (can't find his dad in SU letter winners, thought he played for SU or did he attend here?)
Class of 2007 Rob Gronkowski Arizona son of Gordie Gronkowski who played on that 1979 Independence Bowl team

That just makes me feel worse.

2007 Mark Spinney - flipped from SU to BC

2007 Mark Spinney - flipped from SU to BC
Anyone remember Josh Beekman from Amsterdam, NY? 3 yr starter, captain, and AP First Team All American at BC. Many more out there we forget about.

Anyone remember Josh Beekman from Amsterdam, NY? 3 yr starter, captain, and AP First Team All American at BC. Many more out there we forget about.
was Beekman a legacy? or just a New Yorker?

If we do well enough in FL, there may not be spots for NY kids.

Joking.

Sort of.

Wow! A much wiser person than me(my wife) always says that everything happens for a reason. I agree that we got a better player with JT and hopefully a wiser one. It will be interesting to see what Franklin does. He allegedly protected rapist players of his so he isn't exactly Bob Knight when it comes to player discipline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom