SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty

Ahem, a Brooklynite. Important distinction there. Graduated from Erasmus (alma mater of Grandpa OttoMets).
Yes, I know he’s from Brooklyn. Even wrote a song called Brooklyn Roads. Last I checked the borough is part of New York and not Massachusetts.

Give the students free tickets and giveaways and maybe more will show.

The students aren't the problem. They filled the students section on both the 100 and 300 levels for the Rutgers game.

These pictures are from the Rutgers game, during pregame warm ups.

The students were there in numbers well before kickoff.

IMG_1485.jpg

The students are on the left.

IMG_1492.jpg

I don’t understand why the university is so cheap when it comes to buying shirts. A t shirt maybeeee costs $6/$7? When buying in mass. I don’t understand why there is zero investment into the students and perception of how the fan situation looks on tv

Can we play JUMP AROUND after the 3rd quarter as Wisconsin does

Let's take the best traditions from every school while we are at it and just do them, why not.

Enter Sandman when the team comes out like VT does

Can we get the bandleader guy to come out like the guy at Ohio St who dots the "I". I mean we don't have an "I" in SU, Syracuse, or Orange. Maybe when they form the shape of NY State he can march to where Syracuse is located in the state and do it then, march to that location.

Oh, how about the IOWA one where they turn around and wave to the kids in the hospital, crap we play indoors not sure that one will work. Ok scratch that till we figure how we can co-op that idea somehow.

I don’t understand why the university is so cheap when it comes to buying shirts. A t shirt maybeeee costs $6/$7? When buying in mass. I don’t understand why there is zero investment into the students and perception of how the fan situation looks on tv
Not even. 3

The school is supposed to by tee shirts for the kids? They look fine and all school spirited to me (when they go).

I had to buy a white shirt today as I didn’t have any. Maybe I can wear it golfing LoL.

The school is supposed to by tee shirts for the kids? They look fine and all school spirited to me (when they go).
When they want fan support or doing a specific thing like a white out, I would think it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. I just have a tough time with small investments like that that can go a long way to make a good impression

we have an orange out planned for clemson though
Every time we do an “out” it should be an Orange out.

We’re by far the school that is most tied to its primary color in the entire nation. We’re the freakin Orange!

These other schools doing “_____ outs” should be viewed as copying us because the freaking Orange set the freaking tone and always do freaking Orange outs and only Orange outs...because, you know...it’s our freaking name and our freaking color.

Freak!!!!!
**If the team nickname is a color, wear that color.

Last edited:
Let's take the best traditions from every school while we are at it and just do them, why not.
Can we start with Bama's recent tradition of winnig title after title? I'd like that one.

I went to a maroon out at TAMU in 1999 when my brother was a student there. They sold the shirts for $5 the week leading up to the game and EVERYONE bought one. Could happen here with the right coordinated effort.

Yeah, they're everywhere, bookstores, off-campus shops, you can't miss them. And I think they were still sold for $5 when I went to a game about a decade later. I know I still have that old maroon "O-Who? BHTO [beat the hell outta] Oklahoma" t-shirt in a drawer someplace.

Again, I stand by my original statement - this is a great idea by the students, they simply don’t have the vehicle to make this a success in the entire venue. Bees said 80% off the fans will show up and have no idea this was planned. He’s 100% right on that.

I’ve been vocal that our marketing department stinks and rarely does anything proactively for football while they rest on their laurels because “they” are the reason 30k fans show up for basketball games. They love the fact that Otto’s Army took the initiative because they don’t have to have any part of it. It’s sad, but true and something that has been shared with me from multiple people on the hill.

Again, I stand by my original statement - this is a great idea by the students, they simply don’t have the vehicle to make this a success in the entire venue. Bees said 80% off the fans will show up and have no idea this was planned. He’s 100% right on that.

I’ve been vocal that our marketing department stinks and rarely does anything proactively for football while they rest on their laurels because “they” are the reason 30k fans show up for basketball games. They love the fact that Otto’s Army took the initiative because they don’t have to have any part of it. It’s sad, but true and something that has been shared with me from multiple people on the hill.
Its a student whiteout.

The students aren't the problem. They filled the students section on both the 100 and 300 levels for the Rutgers game.

These pictures are from the Rutgers game, during pregame warm ups.

The students were there in numbers well before kickoff.

View attachment 206596

On a completely unrelated note, your top pic reminded me to ask this question for anyone that may have an probable answer to.

Why haven't they painted the end zone walls/facade orange and blue? I thought possibly they just hadn't gotten to last year and would do it during this offseason (over the summer, etc.) but that wasn't the case. Where they painted it, it's much more aesthetically pleasing than where they did not. Just curious for anyone that may know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom