SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

SU Students planning a "White Out" for Liberty

A couple of years ago, I watched a basketball game, where Illinois [the home team] did an "orange out."

Despite having a "smaller" arena than the Dome, the effect was pretty cool -- it looked something like this:

View attachment 206576

I brought it up on the forum, suggesting it would be a cool thing to emulate, but got a lot of push back form posters who preferred to wear dark blue SU-themed gear. Some attendees don't even wear SU gear at all [oddly enough] -- so I doubt that we'd be able to coordinate something like this on a grand scale.

To me, that's the inhibiting factor.

Now, white doesn't seem all that original due to the Penn State correlation, but whatever. If they can pull it off, it's better than nothing. And if it gets a few more extra fans to show up, then even better.

I looked this up. Here are some additional details from that Illinois event.
  • The first 1,000 fans through the Main West Entrance will receive a free ORANGE OUT t-shirt courtesy of Gameday Spirit.
  • In addition, orange "House of 'Paign" shirts will be on sale for $15 at Gameday Spirit locations inside State Farm Center
So basically they said...a) please wear an orange shirt. b) If you dont have one, the first 1K can get a free orange shirt (this number seems small, but its a basketball crowd...they only get 15K for hoops...For football I'd like a big sponsor who can pay for at least 10K)...and c) for the rest of you, you can get a shirt for 15 bucks, which is a really good deal for a shirt these days.

So they basically developed a coordinated concept that allowed for multiple ways in which people could participate, and they also did it for a key rivalry game in which people would be as pumped up as possible.

We are asking people to wear a white shirt. For Liberty. Nothing free. No discounts. No plan. No coordination.

This is a big difference.

we have an orange out planned for clemson though

Exactly

as I said before, almost every game at the Dome is an Orange out….majority wear orange, the rest usually wear navy….

I hope we all buy into the white out idea. It could be really freaking cool if everyone hops on board.

Y’all say you want to change the atmosphere of the dome and then when there’s an opportunity to try something different and possibly change the atmosphere…people turn their noses to it.

Could look really cool with the light show we are hoping they will be putting on Friday night

Exactly

as I said before, almost every game at the Dome is an Orange out….majority wear orange, the rest usually wear navy….

I hope we all buy into the white out idea. It could be really freaking cool if everyone hops on board.

Y’all say you want to change the atmosphere of the dome and then when there’s an opportunity to try something different and possibly change the atmosphere…people turn their noses to it.

Could look really cool with the light show we are hoping they will be putting on Friday night
agreed people on here dont want to do it because (a ) penn state just did it and (b) white is not a traditional home color for us

I looked this up. Here are some additional details from that Illinois event.

So basically they said...a) please wear an orange shirt. b) If you dont have one, the first 1K can get a free orange shirt (this number seems small, but its a basketball crowd...they only get 15K for hoops...For football I'd like a big sponsor who can pay for at least 10K)...and c) for the rest of you, you can get a shirt for 15 bucks, which is a really good deal for a shirt these days.

So they basically developed a coordinated concept that allowed for multiple ways in which people could participate, and they also did it for a key rivalry game in which people would be as pumped up as possible.

We are asking people to wear a white shirt. For Liberty. Nothing free. No discounts. No plan. No coordination.

This is a big difference.
Yepp. Use the profit on the shirts sold to offset the sponsors initial outlay. (A little risk, but with the hope of little to no expense) Make the shirts one of a kind, for THAT game. Only time you can get it.

Throw in a towel/pom pom to assure success. Also make these one of a kind. You can buy the "collector one" for 3 bucks if you skip the shirt, each game, if you prefer it over the free one. Iirc, camping world, they were free.

Last edited:
Yepp. Use the profit on the shirts sold to offset the sponsors initial outlay. (A little risk, but with the hope of little to no expense) Make the shirts one of a kind, for THAT game. Only time you can get it.

Throw in a towel/pom pom to assure success. Also make these one of a kind. You can buy the "collector one" for a 3 bucks if you skip the shirt, each game, if you prefer it over the free one. Iirc, camping world, they were free.
HAVE YOU SEEN SOME OF THE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS GOING TO NEED TO HAVE MORE THAN SMALL AND MEDIUM FOR EVERYBODY

HAVE YOU SEEN SOME OF THE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS GOING TO NEED TO HAVE MORE THAN SMALL AND MEDIUM FOR EVERYBODY

3X for everyone! Lol.

Heck. If they wanted to make it work for the players? Have the SPONSOR set up an autograph booth, and for $5 you get autographs for your (ebay) collection. Unfortunately, they are ONLY signing that sponsors shirt/towel for that game. Brought a football? Thats cool. You better be 12 years old OR have that games/sponsors gear if you want it signed. (Add some of these perks to season tix holders)

I just bought a cheap white hoodie and white sweat pants to go a long with my white sneakers. If they want a white out, they got it.
I’ve got a Hanes. That’s the best I can do.

Any chance for a late week push here? Tons of seats available as of today.

Any chance for a late week push here? Tons of seats available as of today.

Ticketmaster is a sea of blue. And that doesn't even include the top rows of the upper deck on the sides, which are all mostly empty.

Hopefully the students show up in full force.

Not a fan of the Friday start. When I was looking for a game or two to drive up from NJ for i immediately skipped past this one. Its just not feasible.

Does this work?
1632343981427.png

Ticketmaster is a sea of blue. And that doesn't even include the top rows of the upper deck on the sides, which are all mostly empty.

The students were out in force for the Rutgers game. There was a drop in student attendance for the Albany game.

The students have been carrying their weight when it comes to supporting this team in person.

Hopefully those who go to the game this Friday can show support for the students by wearing white.

I'm not sure which is more embarrassing, all the empty seats or those who go to the game but refuse to support the white out.

The students were out in force for the Rutgers game. There was a drop in student attendance for the Albany game.

The students have been carrying their weight when it comes to supporting this team in person.

Hopefully those who go to the game this Friday can show support for the students by wearing white.

I'm not sure which is more embarrassing, all the empty seats or those who go to the game but refuse to support the white out.
Give the students free tickets and giveaways and maybe more will show.

Just to be clear I don’t have any prob with the white out. My issue is with the university not throwing full weight behind initiatives so that they can actually work. Haven’t they seen before that while well intentioned Ottos Army doesn’t have nearly the impact to actually drive change across the entire building? It’s going to be a white section ands that’s it.

do what Illinois did. Help amplify the student effort.

80%+ of the people attending won’t even know the students are having a whiteout.

80%+ of the people attending won’t even know the students are having a whiteout.
Are they marketing it outside of Twitter? They really should be handing out cheap ass white towels or those pom things like that did at Penn State.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't Liberty be wearing road whites ? Will look like a bunch of Liberty students attended on TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom