SU to stop promoting itself as NY's College Team! | Syracusefan.com

SU to stop promoting itself as NY's College Team!

chakka3421

All Conference
Inside sources state that the coaching staff hates the label and is going out of their way to change it by not recruiting players from NY - except a token 1 or maybe 2 every year.:crazy:

The reason is that the coaching staff believes it limits their ability to recruit nationally.:bat:

EDIT - In all seriousness I would like to see a few more NY recruits than just 1.

Last edited:
Inside sources state that the coaching staff hates the label and is going out of their way to change it by not recruiting players from NY - except a token 1 or maybe 2 every year.

The reason is that the coaching staff believes it limits their ability to recruit nationally.
You mean our Midwestern football staff?

Better talk to the basketball guys first. Don't think they will approve. Not to mention the fact that they have bigger fish to fry right now.

Inside sources state that the coaching staff hates the label and is going out of their way to change it by not recruiting players from NY - except a token 1 or maybe 2 every year.

The reason is that the coaching staff believes it limits their ability to recruit nationally.

Stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. Coach Shafer has assigned a different coach to EACH burrow downstate to recruit. Somehow doesn't sound consistent with your claim.

You mean the way the University of Alabama being Alabama's state team hurts their recruiting?

What limits their ability to recruit nationally is the limited ability of this program to recruit nationally. Mac went down this road and it blew up in his face. P and D tried to expand to California and Texas and that didn't work out so great. Marrone was able to get some California Juco's because of Adkins connections.

NY, PA, Florida have to be the core. Then you work NJ, NE. You want to add Ga, Mich, Ill, fine but to abandon the core makes no sense.

If they think they can brand, position, and recruit like Stanford and ND they are taking a huge risk. That's why they get paid the big bucks, hope it works out.

What limits their ability to recruit nationally is the limited ability of this program to recruit nationally. Mac went down this road and it blew up in his face. P and D tried to expand to California and Texas and that didn't work out so great. Marrone was able to get some California Juco's because of Adkins connections.

NY, PA, Florida have to be the core. Then you work NJ, NE. You want to add Ga, Mich, Ill, fine but to abandon the core makes no sense.

If they think they can brand, position, and recruit like Stanford and ND they are taking a huge risk. That's why they get paid the big bucks, hope it works out.

Go - couldn't agree with you more - I hope these new coaches understand this as well or we will be looking for a new HC & staff in 3-4 years.

What were the sources inside of?

No sources - just bored right now so I won't joke anymore because some of the posters get their panties in a wad when you joke around.

Anyway the truth is that I'm concerned about all of the relationships built by Marrone & Anselmo have been lost here in NY. If Shaffer has assigned 5 coaches to NYC like DCuse said then recruiting in NY is worse than I could have ever imagined.

Seems like no one coach wants to take on NY especially NYC - doesn't build upon their resume if things don't work out here and everyone gets canned in 3-4 years. If any one of them becomes a NY recruiting expert, then they will be forced to come back here to recruit in their new job versus FL or IL.

No sources - just bored right now so I won't joke anymore because some of the posters get their panties in a wad when you joke around.

Anyway the truth is that I'm concerned about all of the relationships built by Marrone & Anselmo have been lost here in NY. If Shaffer has assigned 5 coaches to NYC then recruiting in NY is worse than I could have ever imagined.

Seems like no one coach wants to take on NY especially NYC - doesn't build upon their resume if things don't work out here and everyone gets canned in 3-4 years. If any one of them becomes a NY recruiting expert, then they will be forced to come back here to recruit in their new job versus FL or IL.

So that was a joke? That's what emoticons are for. ;):cool::rolleyes:

So that was a joke? That's what emoticons are for. ;):cool::rolleyes:

Forgot about them - just really really bored right now. It's like the calm before the storm (until Saturdays game of course).

Just edited how's that? :D

We really need Shafer to be the guy because our whole entire recruiting strategy has done a 180. All those bridges HCDM built couchburn

For the record our recruiting isn't doing all that bad. We have a good chance to be top 40 according to at least 1 service

Anyway the truth is that I'm concerned about all of the relationships built by Marrone & Anselmo have been lost here in NY. If Shaffer has assigned 5 coaches to NYC like DCuse said then recruiting in NY is worse than I could have ever imagined.

I learned this a while ago and feel free to write this down. People should not have to figure out that you are joking, it should be fairly obvious. Oh and funny, never forget for your joke to actually be funny.

in all honesty, thats just stupid.

joking is 1 thing. making shlit up, another.
'
we have enough idiots on here. we dont need people intentionally making stupid shlit up just because theyre 'bored'.

a lot of us have spent a llllooooonnnnngggg time on here building up this boards reputation, we dont need to come on here and see this shlit.

make your point. slam the staff if you want, if you have the english skills to do so...dance around player performance.

but to just lie, for a joke??? please.

luckily, smart people were here from the get go.

when theres no basis for a joke, or my favorite...sarcasm, just come on man, why??

like tobias said...make it at least funny or keep to the playstation in study hall.

pretty small.

upload_2013-10-10_0-13-4.jpeg

If this is true then Shafer and his staff are playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess. Do you honestly believe any kid cares if Syracuse calls itself NY's College team.