SU turned down TJ Neal? Morris visits in December.. | Syracusefan.com

SU turned down TJ Neal? Morris visits in December..

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
CM_Capture_4_normal.jpg

OrangeFizz Orange Fizz

Talked to T.J. Neal's and George Morris' HC. Neal-high on SU but no more LB spots in the class. Morris- loves SU...visits in Dec. -DVM

That can't be correct can it? Seems really odd we would turn down Neal?

DVM's my roommate and he texted me as soon as the interview was over. I was shocked as well on the Neal news. Feels like the type of player that you make room for.

DVM's my roommate and he texted me as soon as the interview was over. I was shocked as well on the Neal news. Feels like the type of player that you make room for.
Lots of defense in this class, so it's understandable...just wish it wasn't true.

CM_Capture_4_normal.jpg

OrangeFizz Orange Fizz

Talked to T.J. Neal's and George Morris' HC. Neal-high on SU but no more LB spots in the class. Morris- loves SU...visits in Dec. -DVM

I just can't believe that... between Whitehurst's constant search for a better option and Parson's recent exploring, you can easily bump one of them for a guy like Neal.

Odds are at least 1 ends up in academic trouble. WWHND? (what would Houston Nutt do?)

I'd be totally fine giving him Whitehurst's spot-The guy's been looking around since he "committed"

Wow. Neal w/ Nebraska offers gets turned down over Parsons w/ ?? offers... A head shaker fore sure.

I don't think it is that simple..I doubt Marrone would want to bump someone after they have committed and potentially ruin any relationships with any high school coaching staff. These two linebackers committed without visiting and have stayed committed. I don't blame a kid for taking visits when most likely Marrone has encouraged them to do so to ensure they know they are making the right decision for themselves.. Remember they are in contact with these kids and their coaches regularly...We also don't know who else may have committed...;)

...and before anyone brings up Gareef Glashen...that was a little different... within a few weeks before signing day and Shady was involved...

So we turned down three prospects that are high 3*** in recent weeks. I would guess Morgan is certain, Morris is 60%, Perkins is in play and they feel confident, and some out of the blue prospect that is highly regarded.

Can not wait for this process to play out

Obviously we have a commit from someone they really wanted for them to turn away recruits.

Walls, Goins, Neal. No room for any of them? Hmmm, interesting.

I'm sure they're screwing something up.

Bad recruiter, mediocre coach, less than average.

With limited upside..he better get moving, I am watching Vt/Gt right now... Won't be pretty next year if we make the jump.

I think people are being overly optimistic with these so-called silent commitments. The only one I can see is Wayne Morgan. Guys with good offers haven't been banging down our door-Don't get your hopes up for Jones, Perkins etc.

Let's focus on the positives here... There is an OBVIOUS reason why the staff has moved on.

Also, just because a kid doesn't have alot of offers and exposure, doesn't mean that he won't be a stud. Mike Williams anyone????

Let's focus on the positives here... There is an OBVIOUS reason why the staff has moved on.

Also, just because a kid doesn't have alot of offers and exposure, doesn't mean that he won't be a stud. Mike Williams anyone????

It does happen, but Mike Williams being from Buffalo greatly accounted for him being "under the radar"

It does happen, but Mike Williams being from Buffalo greatly accounted for him being "under the radar"

Yeah recruiting sites don't pay attention to New York state at all. Unless there is a big prospect like Jones or Williams.

no doubt at all, but that doesn't mean that a kid can't be "under the radar" in another area. im just saying, there are alot of HS players to evaluate. very easy to miss someone.

And Mike Williams had offers from Pittsburgh and Wisconsin; early offers at that.

The board will be in meltdown mode if we've honestly turned away Neal and Walls for committments from someone like Crossan or any other no offer kid.

With the way Whitehurst has been I'd tell him he needs to give a full committment and stop taking visits or else we pull his ship. Of course the downside to that gamble is getting none of them. The staff would be wise to still bring these kids in on official visits (Neal/Walls) if they're interested in visiting. If kids are turned away and Whitehurst pulls a switcharoo we're screwed. (also hope all the kids in the fold are qualified)

Lets just hope we're not turning away blue chippers for kids 'under the radar'.