SU-UVa Game Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU-UVa Game Thread

Donahue with the hat trick! SU 14-7

Vehar (with help from his wings) 4-5 on FO's now.

UVa edging closer. 2 goals in 8 seconds. German scores to make it SU 15-9

Williams (SU) looks to be moving his arm pretty well on the sideline. Hope!

Nice close out. Dominant win. The score doesn't tell the story. Now hopefully some good news about Williams.

SU defeats UVa 15-9. No.1 in the offing????

Shots 50-31
GB's 31-18
FO's 20-27 (Williams 15-19, Vehar 5-7)
SU EMO 5-7
Wardwell 11 saves (Barrett was great for UVa - 20 saves)

Bring on the Johnnies!

Good game guys. That was a butt kicking. You look like the #1 team in the country for sure. Barrett was great for us and we still gave up 15 goals. I'm glad our guys kept fighting but we have a lot to work on. The ACC is no slouch. Hope we can repay the favor in basketball tomorrow night.

Good game guys. That was a butt kicking. You look like the #1 team in the country for sure. Barrett was great for us and we still gave up 15 goals. I'm glad our guys kept fighting but we have a lot to work on. The ACC is no slouch. Hope we can repay the favor in basketball tomorrow night.
Barrett was great today. I don't think we've heard the last of UVa this season, by a long shot. Once your D gets folks back and some games under their belt, you'll be fine. The ACC is going to be a meatgrinder this year. Toughest conference ever. (enjoying the B1G, Maryland? ;))

As for tomorrow night, well, we have to beat you guys sometime, don't we? :D

Hoping Williams' injury was a temporary pinched nerve and not a disclocated shoulder. Didnt look the like the trainers tended to him once he made it back to the sideline so I think he will be ok.

As Carc said in the telecast, his day should have been done after the 3rd. As talented as UVA is Cuse had a 12-4 lead and Williams could have always gone back in if UVA had a big run.

Hoping Williams' injury was a temporary pinched nerve and not a disclocated shoulder. Didnt look the like the trainers tended to him once he made it back to the sideline so I think he will be ok.

As Carc said in the telecast, his day should have been done after the 3rd. As talented as UVA is Cuse had a 12-4 lead and Williams could have always gone back in if UVA had a big run.

He spent the rest of the day standing with his teammates, he wasn't wrapped or on ice.

Maybe just a stinger?

He spent the rest of the day standing with his teammates, he wasn't wrapped or on ice.

Maybe just a stinger?
Looked like he was untouched so maybe just a freak thing. (which are always the scariest)

This Syracuse team is as complete as I can remember. Maybe ever.

OIB what you say?
Indeed, very impressive performance. Lots of weapons. But, we need to keep a bit of perspective as that UVA defense is green. Perhaps does explain why the Army game was so much more "sticky." Can't overstate how important Williams is at the X. He's a monster. The guy who came in, #34, Vehar?, didn't do too badly.

Barrett was great today. I don't think we've heard the last of UVa this season, by a long shot. Once your D gets folks back and some games under their belt, you'll be fine. The ACC is going to be a meatgrinder this year. Toughest conference ever. (enjoying the B1G, Maryland? ;))

As for tomorrow night, well, we have to beat you guys sometime, don't we? :D
Our offense played catch w/Wardwell far too long to give us any sort of a chance of staying close in this game. :( SU played like one would expect SU to play. We may have to wait until next year until we play like one expects UVa to play. I hope your face-off guy is back soon. To say he was on fire today doesn't do him justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom