SUA: Indoor Practice Facility in Design Phase | Syracusefan.com

SUA: Indoor Practice Facility in Design Phase

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
The momentum continues to build for the Syracuse Athletics program as the University and Athletics Department are in the design phase for the Indoor Practice Center. The progress in this project comes on the heels of Syracuse's most successful athletics season in school history, the move to the Atlantic Coast Conference on July 1 and the announcement of the generous 'I'm in' campaign gift from Jean and Dick Thompson. The design phase includes renderings of the facility and public discussion.

"The design phase of the project is an exciting one for Syracuse athletics. The indoor facility is coming closer to fruition daily as the hard work and dedication of all involved will result in a beautiful facility for our coaches and student-athletes, which will create a unifying effect for all associated with Syracuse," said Director of Athletics Dr. Daryl Gross. "From four teams reaching the Final Four in their sports, to a steady rise in the NACDA Directors' and Capital One Cups and our historic move to the ACC, it marks a time of unprecedented success and growth. Now, to experience the generosity last week from the Thompson family and this week see the transformational indoor facility moving we can all feel this incredible sense of momentum at precisely the right time."

The project, which was announced in February, will be introduced to the public in an open meeting hosted by Syracuse University on July 10 at 7:00 p.m. in the Goldstein Student Center (located on South Campus), Room 201. Free parking is available for the meeting.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2013/7/9/FB_0709131932.aspx

so they are still designing it? What's the purpose of the public meeting then? I want to see the final design and start/completion dates.

indoor-facilityjpg-512f40afadb24170.jpg

Here's the link to the Syr.com article. http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...leases_renderings_o.html#incart_river_default

The drawing, which looks like a preliminary design concept, seems to continue the familiar 70's linear-industrial style that has characterized other capital projects. Another recent example:

Homepage_About1.jpg

The siting impact isn't too disruptive --the location is within the manley complex, exactly where Retro and I park for the FB fanfest. But the track facility will have to be relocated elsewhere in south campus. My guess is ... with the Thompsons commitment in place and possibly one or two additional major donors -- we might see the construction timetable moved up to this fall.

It probably doesn't hurt knowing that roughly 20M is coming into U coffers the first year in the new conference. ;)

Bottom line is I'm really happy this is going to happen - but an Arctic winter scene with oddly walking briefcase guys on the grounds (for who knows what reasons)? Is blotter acid still around or something?

Bottom line is I'm really happy this is going to happen - but an Arctic winter scene with oddly walking briefcase guys on the grounds (for who knows what reasons)? Is blotter acid still around or something?
Briefcase dudes are probably flunkies from the NSA.

What happened to the ICE BOX design? I always liked that one.

i like this shape better then the ice box look. So is this just one of different samples and then the decide which they like best? also, will the locker room and weigh room still be in manley? if not the players are going to have to walk thru the IPF to get to the outdoor fields

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom