Sudden recruiting uptick... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sudden recruiting uptick...

By what measure is this a "good" season if it ended today? Above .500?
We were under .500 last year. We lost a lot from last year and brought in a lot of Freshman this year. I didn’t expect to be at where we are and the team is only improving right now.

The anger for the past isn’t something I am going to let consume me as long as I see progress and I see progress these last months.

View attachment 224406
Early front runner for sentence of the year.

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children
Miss Jr SC...she was at the front of the line for looks, public speaking not so much.

This has absolutely zero to do with the coaching staff and everything to do with Adam and Adam being super strategic about bringing Melo into the fold. They are and will be an unstoppable combo as everyone can see. Brilliant move on his part
^^^^ nothing has changed from the coaches standpoint including the Head Coach. No one has turned up the "grind" or done anything different. All Adam

I see where this could be heading:

Insubordinate teenage brats making more than the Asst Coaches. Parents or strap-hangers putting so much pressure on their golden ticket to get to 4 status to cash in. I hope I'm wrong.
eventually yes...pandoras box isnt closing

hence why it may be (much) better to go for the maliq brown's of the world instead of the dior johnsons

But also..on the flip side...it's great Adam is making these NIL deals out there...these kids are getting thrown deals left and right. We'll see how the results happen with landing fish that weren't in our pond. It's great to be getting Moore. We were in it and would have been to the end. Now, if Adam can reel in some of the bigger fish that we most likely wouldn't have landed, then we truly got something.

But also..on the flip side...it's great Adam is making these NIL deals out there...these kids are getting thrown deals left and right. We'll see how the results happen with landing fish that weren't in our pond. It's great to be getting Moore. We were in it and would have been to the end. Now, if Adam can reel in some of the bigger fish that we most likely wouldn't have landed, then we truly got something.
yeah its a catch22...have to really go for the big fish...like Melo was, for example...to really challenge for titles...but have to do due diligence to make sure not to get the divas etc (at least as best as possible)

I really like the current freshman overall...great attitudes and skills and team players and coachable...whatever they did last offseason was perfect imo...even though there were so many misses early on

^^^^ nothing has changed from the coaches standpoint including the Head Coach. No one has turned up the "grind" or done anything different. All Adam
Okay, I’ve been trying to avoid admitting this, but now I have lost all sense of shame. HOW exactly is Adam helping? Is he just giving athletes money? That is allowed now? I am so ignorant..

I am at your mercy.

eventually yes...pandoras box isnt closing

hence why it may be (much) better to go for the maliq brown's of the world instead of the dior johnsons
Better-
But when SU strikes gold with a Maliq Brown, will then need $$$ for them to return for soph year.
Bonus is Maliq improves his stock with every game in SU's system. He's proven, far as I'm concerned.
A player like Maliq should be rewarded -and returning would be a reward for SU.

Much less risk than big $ to a 5* HS player who may then not live up to the hype-
EZ to find examples....

2024 is a lifetime from now. We need immediate impact portal transfers for 2023, with the expected departure of JG3 and Jesse, at a minimum. The idea that 2023 is yet another bridge year should not be considered "ok".

If we hire Oats I think he'll bring a bunch of guys over from Bama who wants to hang around for a murder trail?

Public Speaking World Map GIF by emilyreaganpr

It’s not dirty if it’s legal. Programs need to adapt or they will die out.
Per the current NCAA rules it isn’t legal.

Well, McDonald's All-American teams were announced. Surprise, no Syracuse on either East or West teams. This 2024 Class is starting to look promising though; so, who is our next Burger Boy?

Well, McDonald's All-American teams were announced. Surprise, no Syracuse on either East or West teams. This 2024 Class is starting to look promising though; so, who is our next Burger Boy?
Boogie Fland most likely.

Better-
But when SU strikes gold with a Maliq Brown, will then need $$$ for them to return for soph year.
Bonus is Maliq improves his stock with every game in SU's system. He's proven, far as I'm concerned.
A player like Maliq should be rewarded -and returning would be a reward for SU.

Much less risk than big $ to a 5* HS player who may then not live up to the hype-
EZ to find examples...
i find it hard to beleive that a player like brown would wanna transfer to another school after a freshman season like the one he is having...I guess it's possible...I just see it very unlikely, even in the wild west of today.

he's already at a "name" school in acc...he's fit into the team and thriving...why risk going to a worse situation??? look at all of the tranfsers cuse have had lately...none have been drafted. done a whole lot at their new schools, really.

I realize cuse is a bit down lately but there arent many programs that would be worth the risk of transferring to, if any.

If he went to Duke, for instance, good chance he sits on the bench behind 5 star recruits etc...

the lane he's in now,...is headed to the promised land...why jump at an off-ramp? even without NIL at Cuse, it would be a bad decision, imo

NIL is chump change to what an NBA/pro bball player will make at the next level.

Okay, I’ve been trying to avoid admitting this, but now I have lost all sense of shame. HOW exactly is Adam helping? Is he just giving athletes money? That is allowed now? I am so ignorant..

I am at your mercy.
Yes. Now allowed and being used like crazy. Based on a supreme court ruling that players could profit from their name, image and likeness (NIL). It has to be arms length from recruiting so it is not pay for play. Usually involves doing some sort of promotional work for a company , or in Adam's case he is paying them to do community service projects. There are some "rules" and Weitsman has to go through SU compliance for approvals, which he is making very clear that he is doing.
So the players who will be sitting courtside with him tonight are being flown up with their families in private jets. They will not be talking to the coaching staff as you have to keep NIL recruiting separate from Syracuse University recruiting.
I can only image how after you fly them in private jets all over the country, wind and dine them, and pay them millions of dollars that they will be "putty" in the coaches hands. I think most teams will have a lot of drama queens starting. This could be fun to watch in the future.