Summer 2019 S&C | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Summer 2019 S&C

Who is that second dude? Isn't that Tre Allison? If so he is listed at 233 lbs on the roster. Trill Looks to be at least his weight and Cam Jordan is getting pretty darn big himself.
Pretty sure it's Markenzie Pierre.

Me too. Hot Vinyasa. I don't like Bikram.

I'm not a race guy. I just like to train.

Yeah, I just train too. Every once in awhile our family will pick a half some place just for a get together.

Notice the difference in form between the 1st and 2nd guy...1st guy comes straight up...2nd guy leans forward before coming up...using more of his back...to me, that says weight is too much...be interested to hear what S&C guy would say about that...
It looks like they're doing box squats, so the form is slightly different. Also, you can't really judge their form from those vids.

Hot yoga...religiously...only thing that offsets the tightness caused by intervals, weight training, MMA, boxing, jiu-jitsu, sitting at a desk all day etc.
Do you just workout all day? ;)

It looks like they're doing box squats, so the form is slightly different. Also, you can't really judge their form from those vids.
Right on box squats. A lot diff imo

I love these for two reasons. It shows how far SU football has come. And two it sparks great side convos about working out and technique stuff. I’ve picked up more than one useful tidbit here. Gotta ask though what is the guy in the lower row middle doing? At first I thought power clean until I saw the boxes. Then I thought some kind of support in a hang clean (given post title) but that’s weird too. Some kind of trap row? If so that’s a ton of weight. If hang clean he’s pulling too much as form is off. Stumped

I love these for two reasons. It shows how far SU football has come. And two it sparks great side convos about working out and technique stuff. I’ve picked up more than one useful tidbit here. Gotta ask though what is the guy in the lower row middle doing? At first I thought power clean until I saw the boxes. Then I thought some kind of support in a hang clean (given post title) but that’s weird too. Some kind of trap row? If so that’s a ton of weight. If hang clean he’s pulling too much as form is off. Stumped

Looks like some sort of hang clean high pull from blocks?

Looks like some sort of hang clean high pull from blocks?
That’s what I thought too. If so definitely see technique suffering for weight. Pull is complete and hips are not fully extended.

That’s what I thought too. If so definitely see technique suffering for weight. Pull is complete and hips are not fully extended.
I don't think they care about perfect technique as long as they're good enough to not get hurt. As long as they're engaging postural stabilizers and pretty close to neutral spine the coaches are probably ok with the rest.

It looks like a high pull from blocks, probably to get a little more range of motion than a standard high pull. It's probably a way to get more acceleration through the middle of the pull allowing a bigger load.

The kid in the middle was doing high pulls as part of exaggerating the pull of the clean. No one will ever pull weight that high nor do they need to it’s just to drive that thought into head of pulling high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom