Summer 2019 S&C | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Summer 2019 S&C

For whatever reason they don’t actually do dead lifts they do lots of things I guess they feel injuries can occur idk but old school dead lifts are the best . I can’t dead lift of squat anymore not worth it . Those exercises take the life out of you I don’t miss them at all . my broken 50 year old body did bench 405 yesterday . Dumb to go that heavy but I’m not that smart :confused:
I think the reason is that it’s hard to get the explosion they want from that lift. Now I have done them for years but how many people have u seen do them wrong. Jerk weight off ground. Bending back to get weight up. The right way is to sit back in any style you do and drop but and push thru floor until slight pressure on bar and then be explosive. Most times kids screw it up and get hurt. I see it but wouldn’t stop me from doing once in a while. I still say your kid could hang 350 for 3 but glad they aren’t doing it.

Nice I figure black to be higher in bench but I can’t say shiiiit cause it’s my weakness. Looks to have a really narrow grip almost close grip. With long arms makes it really hard but as a linemen u need ur elbows in and under for power so he may be doing it to lack overall bench but help his craft. I used to make my kids do a lot of low incline dumbbell work together and alternate to work on initial punch.

I used to be able to get close to that. When I was young and still working in the factory I was talking to some guys while standing next to a stack of large plastic dividers that were used to hold steel parts after we machined them. It was close to 5 feet high and said I think I could jump on it if I wasn't in heavy work boots on a somewhat oily floor. One coworker egged me on, so I finally gave in and tried it. I came an inch or two short getting my toes on it but not enough of the foot to stand up. I tried something similar about 10 years later at the gym on some stacked boxes about a foot shorter. I greatly underestimated how much athleticism I had lost and cracked my shins pretty good. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

One, that is sick

Two, it is sick but makes sense.

I can still do 42 on a good day when my legs are fresh. My vertical has dropped to about 24 from 34-36 when I was in my prime, so SUFANDU, I feel your pain...

This implies I am bringing my legs up 18 inches to clear the height...

His vertical, according to a scouting site I saw was 40 (which is sick). I bet it is higher now but, given that he is a couple inches taller than me, it implies that a 60 inch box jump is doable with a low forties vertical.

Unreal what unbelievable athletes these kids are...

Last edited:
One, that is sick

Two, it is sick but makes sense.

I can still do 42 on a good day when my legs are fresh. My vertical has dropped to about 24 from 34-36 when I was in my prime, so SUFANDU, I feel your pain...

This implies I am bringing my legs up 18 inches to clear the height...

His vertical, according to a scouting site I saw was 40 (which is sick). I bet it is higher now but, given that he is a couple inches taller than me, it implies that a 60 inch box jump is doable with a low forties vertical.

Unreal what unbelievable athletes these kids are...
Yeah. My vertical was low 30's at my best and that was with a 3 step run up. I think I had way better hip and lumbar flexion back then which allowed me to get on high boxes. Hip mobility is definitely a big part of these big box jumps.

I can’t even comprehend that box jump. I get 30 and it feels like I’m jumping on a house

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom