Sunday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Sunday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
9959124-standard.jpg

Syracuse University football team's resolve overcame numerous mistakes vs. Wake Forest

Orange Faces Rams Sunday

Syracuse football links: A look at the Orange's recruiting push ...

Antwon Bailey gets Big East Helmet Sticker

Videos

Syracuse pinstripe bowl banner unveiling

Syracuse University Clown Mascot 1981

Future Player & Recruits

WR/DB Alvin Cornelius, Tottenville
The Syracuse-bound senior is a prototype at wide receiver with strength, size, hands and a nose for the ball. Scarily enough, Cornelius was almost as good on defense last year in the secondary.

QB/DB Wayne Morgan, Erasmus Hall
With offers from Alabama, Miami, Rutgers, Syracuse and UConn, the freak athlete is the city’s top prospect. He runs a 4.4 40-yard dash and is ranked in the top 150 in his class by scouting services

WR/DB Travon Reid-Segure, Fort Hamilton
The comparisons have already begun between Reid-Segure and Brandon Reddish, the former Fort Hamilton star now at Syracuse. Like Reddish, the versatile Reid-Segure is a threat to score from anywhere on the field – as his 11 touchdowns as a sophomore would indicate.
POST PLAYERS TO WATCH: PSAL football, 2011 season

OOC Opponent

USC football team needs a kick in the backside

Former Players

2011 NFL Roster Cuts: Colts Part Ways With Dan Orlovsky And Taj Smith

Redskins selling Donovan McNabb souvenir cups

Fantasy

Although, Addai is still the starter in Indianapolis, Delone Carter is there and will most likely steal a few goal-line touches away. Delone Carter has a style similar to Mike Tolbert and could be used in that same role for the Colts.
C.c

Syracuse Mention

Forget that boring Wisconsin-UNLV game. Ignore Syracuse’s petty overtime win over Wake. And for the love of God, let’s all try and pretend Kentucky-Western Kentucky never happened.
B.c

Other emails obtained by the Journal Star suggest Syracuse University President Nancy Cantor might have supported Nebraska. Syracuse was identified along with Nebraska for membership review, but the private school in New York opted to bow out voluntarily rather than go to a vote like Nebraska. UNL and Syracuse both were voting AAU members at the April meeting.

While the AAU vote results were not made public, the emails and statements made by several officials suggest that UNL had nine Big Ten supporters and six Big 12 supporters. Nebraska voted for itself, bringing the total to 16 supporting UNL's continued membership in the AAU.
If Syracuse voted to retain Nebraska, that would make 17 supportive votes.
JS

Around The Big East

South Florida upset No. 16 ND, 23-20

USF fans pulling for Lee Roy Selmon's recovery

McCombs scores 4 TDs as UConn beats Fordham 35-3

UConn notes: Coach and kicker nearing the top spot in record books

Around The Nation

Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd ruled ineligible

3-point stance: A rivalry lost to riches?

Source: Pac-16 with OU, Texas being discussed

Boise St. manhandles Georgia

The Big 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6...

Premium

Visitors for Miami/Maryland game
TerpTown.com (subscription) - 4 hours ago

He has said he will take official visits to Florida, Louisville, Maryland and Syracuse. He is unsure of where he will take his last visit though Wake Forest ...

Blog

Big East Preseason Power Rankings: Pitt Ranked Second

NFL

Bengals Workout Three, Including Former Bearcats WR Vidal Hazelton

Do you think KU and Mizz might again be talking to the BE, like today? I do. BTW, I didn't mention KSU's quote of staying committed to the B12, but they, too, have to be sh!tting their pants.

Missouri athletic director Mike Alden called Boren's comments eyebrow-raising, given what Missouri thought was a conference-wide belief in the future of the Big 12.
"It's somewhat surprising that comment came out because I know everybody's been working together," Alden told The Associated Press Saturday. "You put something like that out there and it just reinforces that image of being unstable."
Kansas athletic director Sheahon Zenger concurred with his partner at Missouri, telling The Associated Press on Saturday he was "disappointed" by Boren's comments.
Zenger spoke at halftime of Kansas' football game and declined to answer questions, saying, "We were disappointed to hear the comments yesterday from Oklahoma. We thought we had nine schools that were committed, strongly committed, to the conference."

I might be off the mark but is this the first time Mizzou and KU agreed on something ... ever?

Unfortunately Morgan isn't coming ...
I think we have our safeties in Ford and McFarlane, possibly Lewis. Would have liked to have seen Morgan come in at CB, but keep an eye on Omeally from Miami. The next Desir, IMO.

Man honestly I would love to see McFarlane take a crack at RB ... I know he is projected as a safety but I bet that cat could do some damage carrying the rock.

From the Big 12, 11, 10...article, the author speculates that the BE will merge with the ACC; but... "Providence, Rutgers and DePaul would be demoted to the Atlantic 10 (Xavier, Temple, Richmond, etc…). And, there you have it - the new nationwide realignment." Perhaps the author did not see Rutgers manhanlde North Carolina Central over the weekend. He is probably not aware that Rutgers will play Miami in 3 or 4 or 5 years either.

Rutgers aside, the amount of speculation going forward will be ridiculous.

From the Big 12, 11, 10...article, the author speculates that the BE will merge with the ACC; but... "Providence, Rutgers and DePaul would be demoted to the Atlantic 10 (Xavier, Temple, Richmond, etc…). And, there you have it - the new nationwide realignment." Perhaps the author did not see Rutgers manhanlde North Carolina Central over the weekend. He is probably not aware that Rutgers will play Miami in 3 or 4 or 5 years either.

LOL

Rutgers... Love hate relationship with the world. In the best scenario: good riddance.

god that'd be great.

god that'd be great.
Great but not likely to happen and I I were a betting person I'd say no way happens. Give a time frame of two years uh-uh;Nope!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom