Super Bowl LII Prediction Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LII Prediction Thread...

halftime performance 7

Commercials 6

With intermittent camera shots of Gisele.

Actually looking forward to not giving a damn about who wins. But I guess I hope it’s not Brady.

Been a cowboys fan since I was 6 jerrah could burn my house down and if still be a fan
Pretty helmets or not, I refuse to believe that at 6, you were rooting for a 3-13 team...which followed that up with 1-15 when u were 7.

Then had 4 good years then have sucked for the next 20+.

I’m guessing you started drinking the Kool Aid around 1999 when that run was still fresh and you thought it would happen again.

Whoops!!

Been an iggle fan since 87 when I was a youngin and they drafted my hero at the time, the great Don McPherson. Then became obsessed with Randall, Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Seth Joyner, etc. Went to the Vet a couple times through the years before they moved to the Linc. Been to the Linc a couple of times. Been to about 8 diff stadiums for away games.

Anyways my point is this...eagle fans can be an interesting bunch for sure and some are def jerks. But I've been spit on in Giants stadium, harassed in Arizona non stop, and I won't even go to Oakland. There are bad fans everywhere (except maybe San Diego, they were real friendly because they live in the best place ever probably)

Where I won't apologize for is the passion and love for our team. I went to the Rams game out here in LA and the way we dominated that stadium was amazing. Very similar to Cuse fans. Probably too similar for some of you.

And yes say "our" because yes I'm on the team

DUKcVn3X0AEg9FN

NSFW
This is absolutely disgusting.

I'd like to see what it was that the fans were reacting to in that video. I walked in that very same area right near several Viking fans (they had a decent showing btw) and the reaction was nowhere near what that video showed. Plenty of in that crowd for sure but you can tell by the reaction that somebody was doing something highly provocative. Seems really obvious to me.

Been an iggle fan since 87 when I was a youngin and they drafted my hero at the time, the great Don McPherson. Then became obsessed with Randall, Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Seth Joyner, etc. Went to the Vet a couple times through the years before they moved to the Linc. Been to the Linc a couple of times. Been to about 8 diff stadiums for away games.

Anyways my point is this...eagle fans can be an interesting bunch for sure and some are def jerks. But I've been spit on in Giants stadium, harassed in Arizona non stop, and I won't even go to Oakland. There are bad fans everywhere (except maybe San Diego, they were real friendly because they live in the best place ever probably)

Where I won't apologize for is the passion and love for our team. I went to the Rams game out here in LA and the way we dominated that stadium was amazing. Very similar to Cuse fans. Probably too similar for some of you.

And yes say "our" because yes I'm on the team

Good points. Crazy sheet happens at just about every stadium in the NFL. The West coast seems to have more violence than anybody else between the Bay area and LA, several knife incidents etc. Just go on youtube and peruse NFL fights. No shortage of action all around the NFL.

They have been my favorite team ever since McNabb was drafted. Still are. Couldn’t ever get behind the Browns. I have total confidence in this team, the coaches, and most importantly in the trenches.

Cheesesteaks 27
Chowder 24

Yeah it’s hard to go on a jihad when fans get beers thrown at them just because..

Just concede this one. This crap is unacceptable.

Both teams played the AFC West and Carolina. Philly went 4-1 in those games. New England went 3-2.

Philly played 3 playoff teams Kansas City, Carolina, LA Rams.

New England played 6 playoff teams Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta.

I think the Giants game at MetLife will be studied by the Patriots.
I think the Chiefs game will be studied by the Eagles.
Weakness for the Patriots D is defending the flats in the passing game.
Weakness for the Eagles D is defending TEs.

Pretty even matchup I think 5.5 is too high it looks like a 3-4 point game.

Yeah I am on a jihad you got me.
Defend your fanbase the bad in the fanbase are the worst of any fanbase.
There are lots of articles like this.

Vikings fans didn't have the best experience at the Eagles game

First, I'm not going to defend any bad behavior by Eagles fans cuz whenever I see something bad it sickens me just like it sickens you. But the first video you posted was kind of a sucker play. The person that filmed that clearly didn't show you what was drawing the ire of those fans. You could see people coming up out of the blue inflamed yet you never saw who or what was ticking them off. Blatantly obvious to me.

Second, we get your point. Just don't want you to beat that horse within an inch of its life.

Third, I went to the Panthers/Eagles game in Charlotte in October. If I recall correctly I believe you said you live in Charlotte. I saw some shaky behavior by Panthers fans at that game. In fact you must have heard about the case where a young Panthers fan beat the hell out of a much older Eagles fan for no reason other than the Panthers were losing. You can easily find that video on youtube. Very distressing. Kid was actually convicted and lost his job. Deservedly so. Lots of bad behavior at all NFL stadiums. I know plenty of people that think Raiders fans are worse than Eagle fans. Funny I haven't heard much complaining from you or others about Raider fans.

They have been my favorite team ever since McNabb was drafted. Still are. Couldn’t ever get behind the Browns. I have total confidence in this team, the coaches, and most importantly in the trenches.

Cheesesteaks 27
Chowder 24

That's where most games are won and lost - in the trenches. And that's what Eagle naysayers have missed all year long with the Birds. Superior line play on both sides of the ball.

First, I'm not going to defend any bad behavior by Eagles fans cuz whenever I see something bad it sickens me just like it sickens you. But the first video you posted was kind of a sucker play. The person that filmed that clearly didn't show you what was drawing the ire of those fans. You could see people coming up out of the blue inflamed yet you never saw who or what was ticking them off. Blatantly obvious to me.

Second, we get your point. Just don't want you to beat that horse within an inch of its life.

Third, I went to the Panthers/Eagles game in Charlotte in October. If I recall correctly I believe you said you live in Charlotte. I saw some shaky behavior by Panthers fans at that game. In fact you must have heard about the case where a young Panthers fan beat the hell out of a much older Eagles fan for no reason other than the Panthers were losing. You can easily find that video on youtube. Very distressing. Kid was actually convicted and lost his job. Deservedly so. Lots of bad behavior at all NFL stadiums. I know plenty of people that think Raiders fans are worse than Eagle fans. Funny I haven't heard much complaining from you or others about Raider fans.
Raider fans are Halloween.
They hate the AFC West and New England.
If you aren’t them your fine.

Never said other teams don’t have knuckleheads. It’s 90-10 good/bad for most from what I am seeing and hearing it’s not that way for Eagles fans.
I never said it was you or other good ones it just appears which I didn’t realize the Eagles fanbase has a lot more knuckleheads than others.

That's where most games are won and lost - in the trenches. And that's what Eagle naysayers have missed all year long with the Birds. Superior line play on both sides of the ball.

Yup. I feel like not many have been talking about how good their OL is as well.

Both teams played the AFC West and Carolina. Philly went 4-1 in those games. New England went 3-2.

Philly played 3 playoff teams Kansas City, Carolina, LA Rams.

New England played 6 playoff teams Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta.

I think the Giants game at MetLife will be studied by the Patriots.
I think the Chiefs game will be studied by the Eagles.
Weakness for the Patriots D is defending the flats in the passing game.
Weakness for the Eagles D is defending TEs.

Pretty even matchup I think 5.5 is too high it looks like a 3-4 point game.

In comparing the schedules, the Eagles beat nearly every strong team in the NFC - a clearly superior conference. Beat CAR and LAR on the road and ATL and MIN at the linc.

Weakness for Philly D is not in defending TEs, MIN and ATL TEs did essentially nothing other than the one throw to Rudolph in the 1Q. Malcolm Jenkins often covers TE's and he's a pro bowler.

Philly weakness is that secondary often bites on double moves and can get burned. Mills and Darby do that often. Other problem is secondary can get sloppy with tackling in the open field. Screen game can be effective as well.

Philly D strength is that NE has not seen a pass rush that can bring it for 60 minutes like this one. And they don't have to blitz cuz they get there with four. And they get pressure up the middle with two excellent DTs. Brady, like any QB, hates pressure up the middle.

Btw what do you think the line would be if Wentz were under center?

Raider fans are Halloween.
They hate the AFC West and New England.
If you aren’t them your fine.

Never said other teams don’t have knuckleheads. It’s 90-10 good/bad for most from what I am seeing and hearing it’s not that way for Eagles fans.
I never said it was you or other good ones it just appears which I didn’t realize the Eagles fanbase has a lot more knuckleheads than others.

I'm a Red Sox fan. I've seen boorish behavior from them on many occasions. I'm more interested in focusing on the field. I said above, I've been a season tix holder for 15 years and have never witnessed a fight anywhere near my seats.

Yup. I feel like not many have been talking about how good their OL is as well.

And imagine if Peters were still in the lineup. Kelce, Brooks and Johnson (best RT in football) all are pro bowlers. I was shocked that Big V pitched a shutout against Everson Griffen.

Last edited:
In comparing the schedules, the Eagles beat nearly every strong team in the NFC - a clearly superior conference. Beat CAR and LAR on the road and ATL and MIN at the linc.

Weakness for Philly D is not in defending TEs, MIN and ATL TEs did essentially nothing other than the one throw to Rudolph in the 1Q. Malcolm Jenkins often covers TE's and he's a pro bowler.

Philly weakness is that secondary often bites on double moves and can get burned. Mills and Darby do that often. Other problem is secondary can get sloppy with tackling in the open field. Screen game can be effective as well.

Philly D strength is that NE has not seen a pass rush that can bring it for 60 minutes like this one. And they don't have to blitz cuz they get there with four. And they get pressure up the middle with two excellent DTs. Brady, like any QB, hates pressure up the middle.

Btw what do you think the line would be if Wentz were under center?
You played 3 playoff teams in 16 regular season games.
I didn’t include playoff games.
NE played the toughest NFC division.
Steelers and Jaguars got more pressure and sacks than the Eagles did this year.
Patriots will have seen a good pass rush.
All AFC East teams spend on DL.

The pass rush for Philly is good but their DL isn’t any different than Jacksonville who didn’t blitz either and relied on their 4 man rush.

Patriots will score. This game comes down to Foles.

I'm a Red Sox fan. I've seen boorish behavior from them on many occasions. I'm more interested in focusing on the field. I said above, I've been a season tix holder for 15 years and have never witnessed a fight anywhere near my seats.
Red Sox pre-04 were aholes.
Now that fanbase has become pink hat nation.

The pass rush for Philly is good but their DL isn’t any different than Jacksonville who didn’t blitz either and relied on their 4 man rush.

Not going to apologize for the Eagles schedule. They crushed most of their opponents and beat two highly regarded teams on the road in CAR and LAR. And then handled two solid teams in the playoffs. Their two losses (I don't count Dallas, they rested their starters) were tight games that involved a fumble on the goal line and a fluke pick that bounced off an OL's helmet.

The part you miss is the Eagles depth on the DL plus the two DTs are the best pass rushing tandem of DTs in the league. Brady better adjust his chinstrap. Look at Jax in the 2H. Their pass rushers were gassed. That won't happen with Philly. They play eight and they're all very good. Last four games they've given up one TD each game.

Steelers got more pressure than the Eagles? Seriously? Those two DLs are not remotely comparable.

this is the iggs problem...

37-57 434 yds 3 TDs

no oline

no run game

no WRs

guess who did that 4 weeks ago???...

and now you get Brady, BB and all the weapons...

this is the iggs problem...

37-57 434 yds 3 TDs

no oline

no run game

no WRs

guess who did that 4 weeks ago???...

and now you get Brady, BB and all the weapons...

One game - mighty big sample size. Alex Smith went beserk against NE in one game too. How about OAK, DAL, ATL and MIN? Last 4 games - all one TD each. #1 against the run in the NFL.

One game - mighty big sample size. Alex Smith went beserk against NE in one game too. How about OAK, DAL, ATL and MIN? Last 4 games - all one TD each. #1 against the run in the NFL.
The timing works in your favor for sure.

It was all over the shows...watch as Eli, behind a line of guys he picked up at the Summit JiffyLube on the way to the game, throwing to guys tending bar 4 weeks ago, put a double move on the iggs secondary all day for big yards.

It seems to have been corrected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom