Super Bowl LII thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LII thread

100% chance. Dude played awesome but some team is gonna give up a ransom for him and their gonna regret it big time

Agreed and Foles played great not taking anything away from him but Doug Pederson seems to be the coach/ Qb whisperer/ Former QB. In addition, he has Frank Reich as the OC/ Former NFL QB and we haven't gotten to the Qb coach yet ( Defilippo) who seems to be on his way to becoming a HC at some point as well. Seems like the Eagles have the QB spot and it's coaching as well as the system they are running well under wraps, not sure Foles isn't more of a product of that right now. That said, he's still probably better than 10-12 starters from this year easily but certainly would not overpay.

In addition, Wentz might not be ready in September, why trade the guy at this point? Foles has one more year on his modest contract with Philly, contract runs out next year and I am sure somebody will pay him well after next year as he will only be 30 and still have plenty of tread on the tires. Would have to be a hell of an offer for them to trade him now

Former WWE Wrestler and apparently hosts some show now. But still pretty irrelevant now.. sort of like a UConn

I knew there was a former wrestler by that name but didn't bother to check to see if it was the same guy.

Brady plays the best game of his career and the hot takers are blaming him.

Can’t wait for Max Kellerman to say tomorrow how Brady lost the game.

I completely disagree with the idea that that was his best game, but obviously he was dead last on the list of reasons they lost. He was very good as he usually is.

Gotta say when the Birds win their first they have done it in style:

1.) Get revenge on the best QB/HC of all time. Check.

2.) Do it while divisional rival is in multiple commercials during SB. Check

3.) Diminshing said divisional rivals all time greatest QB by using your backup QB to win. Check.

Congrats you Pennsyltucky & South Jersey wackjobs!

It was blatant but some yahoo will scream about it not being par of the play despite the fact that it was the play. You run as many guys down field as possible and they took one guy out.

haven't seen the contact on Hogan. If somebody has the link, share it please. But my understanding is it was 30 yards downfield, yes? I think Brady was out of the pocket at that point. If a QB is out of the pocket, every WR could now be considered a blocker and defensive backs can light their world up if they want to, as long as it's before the ball is in the air.

Apparently butler didn't play due to strategy
Butler wasn’t on the team flight to Minnesota and missed a meeting.
Why didn’t play after dressing is what is trying to be found now.
Apparently he was going to be benched just for the first series now the digging around is trying to determine what happened after inactives were announced.
Rowe didn’t find out he was starting till 5 minutes before the game.

Something happened and it hurt NE as they missed a lot of tackles.

Philly earned it though I am sure Butler helps but I have no clue if it was the difference in winning.

Butler is statistically a below average corner. He might've helped, he might not have. The Pats defensive backs as a whole are not good, though, so I think Philly's WRs would have done well against any of them.

Butler wasn’t on the team flight to Minnesota and missed a meeting.
Why didn’t play after dressing is what is trying to be found now.
Apparently he was going to be benched just for the first series now the digging around is trying to determine what happened after inactives were announced.
Rowe didn’t find out he was starting till 5 minutes before the game.

Something happened and it hurt NE as they missed a lot of tackles.

Philly earned it though I am sure Butler helps but I have no clue if it was the difference in winning.

Impossible to predict but when you literally couldnt get a stop all game (minus the lucky int), all it takes is one play from the guy to change the outcome possibly.

haven't seen the contact on Hogan. If somebody has the link, share it please. But my understanding is it was 30 yards downfield, yes? I think Brady was out of the pocket at that point. If a QB is out of the pocket, every WR could now be considered a blocker and defensive backs can light their world up if they want to, as long as it's before the ball is in the air.
Refs don’t call it but it was a penalty.
Of course Orangeman will tell you it’s a conspiracy and the refs are instructed to help the Pats.

I don’t want this called and thought the refs were fine.

Butler is statistically a below average corner. He might've helped, he might not have. The Pats defensive backs as a whole are not good, though, so I think Philly's WRs would have done well against any of them.
Butler had a terrible regular season but he is a top 10 CB.

Refs don’t call it but it was a penalty.
Of course Orangeman will tell you it’s a conspiracy and the refs are instructed to help the Pats.

I don’t want this called and thought the refs were fine.

I like the way it was explained in the article. If the ball hadn't been released yet, it's a 5 yard illegal contact and the Pats get another shot - from the 46 yard line i believe. If it's PI, then it's a spot foul and they still have a sizeable field to throw the ball, with no time on the clock. I really don't believe it changes what happens overall.

He was above average this season based on PFF and the #2 corner on the team while Eric Rowe was graded out as the worst corner on the team

Good post but the fact we’re even discussing the second catch is a huge problem

Ertz caught the ball at the SIX yard line and ran into the end zone over 3 steps.

I don’t know why we need to have a definition for this, but that defines a runner, so even under the current rules it’s a catch. Doesn’t/shouldn’t matter if you take 3 or 100 steps what happens after that is moot

Looking at clips of it I still think the ground dislodged the ball but agree that he took a couple of steps and was a runner by then, not a pass catcher.

Butler had a terrible regular season but he is a top 10 CB.

He didn't have a great year, but has he really shown top 10 ability during his career? I won't pretend to know intimate details about any Patriots defender, but I know he was below average even in the year he got the interception against Seattle.

Last night turned to the tide to Brady in the Brady vs. Belichick ego feud.
Belichick is the best coach in the NFL but he lost his team that game and his QB carried him to make that competitive.

Philly D isn’t as bad as Brady made them look.

Fans were understanding Belichick being pissed about Garapolio being traded but Jimmy doesn’t beat Jacksonville and isn’t like Brady last night.

Brady is now the winner in Patriots fans minds in this feud and Belichick could retire now.

McDaniels is the one to watch now. If he doesn’t leave for Indy then Belichick is gone.
Brady has 2-3 years left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom