Super Bowl LII thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LII thread

I think he did lose control of it - but it wasn't on the ground.

It popped up and was a live ball and he caught it.

He caught the ball and took 3 steps. He gets the anything goes runner rules

Jhcx1VU.jpg

Hyperbole meant for the sainted She-li.

(aka Patrick Swayze from Dirty Dancing)
Well, for clarity and reference here, he is an NFL Saint.

Son of a Great NO Saint.

2x Super Bowl MVP...get working Foles.

HOF lock...sorry Foles.

And the Giants won a Lombardi with their backup 27 years ago...so been there, done that.

And adding Eli’s 2...and the backups 1...we still have 1 more Lombardi to spare.

And the guy who won it was the greatest QB in team history till a few years ago.

I wouldn’t be mocking the Giants when you have lampposts to climb, cars to turnover and horse manure to eat.

Only one I know of occurred against the Bills for the Pats (of course)

So it does happen.

The NFL was very aware of the set-up going into this. They had a lot to lose if they continued their obvious bias.

They still couldn't find any penalties on the Pats (Gilmore would have had 3 PIs with a Bills uniform on) but they called a reasonably fair game
DVPEINRXkAAs914

Your okay with this though?
Refs weren’t listening to Kraft here.
Philly won the game because they were better.
If you were right they would have helped the Pats and screwed them.
Next your going to say Deflategate was a coverup for a steroid scandal for Brady.

DVPEINRXkAAs914

Next your going to say Deflategate was a coverup for a steroid scandal for Brady.

That pic is weird. The receiver way up top is either moving up to the line, or is moving illegally. I wonder if he was in the process of moving forward when that was taken.

That pic is weird. The receiver way up top is either moving up to the line, or is moving illegally. I wonder if he was in the process of moving forward when that was taken.
It’s right at the snap as it was right after this shot.
DVO-sSSUQAAUz4m

I am honestly not blaming the refs more showing the guy with the conspiracy theories that the refs are on Robert Kraft’s payroll that they get calls against them.
Philly was moving the ball at will all
Game long so it’s not like the Pats win if they call a 5 yard penalty.
Peterson coached his ass off and was killing it all night.
They earned it.

It’s right at the snap as it was right after this shot.
DVO-sSSUQAAUz4m

I am honestly not blaming the refs more showing the guy with the conspiracy theories that the refs are on Robert Kraft’s payroll that they get calls against them.
Philly was moving the ball at will all
Game long so it’s not like the Pats win if they call a 5 yard penalty.
Peterson coached his ass off and was killing it all night.
They earned it.
I wonder who missed the assignment, the receiver or Foles.

Son of a Great NO Saint.

HOF lock...sorry Foles.

And the Giants won a Lombardi with their backup 27 years ago...so been there, done that.

And adding Eli’s 2...and the backups 1...we still have 1 more Lombardi to spare.

And the guy who won it was the greatest QB in team history till a few years ago.

I wouldn’t be mocking the Giants when you have lampposts to climb, cars to turnover and horse manure to eat.

You have me confused with an Iggs fan.

I’m using their win to take a shot at the Jints and She-li because I’m stuck rooting for Jerry Jones’ circus.

Carry on.

Or

As you were.

Edit - And Peyton’s lil bro is an entitled goober who leveraged daddy’s name to Elway his arse to NY.

The Jints won because of their Dline. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer also won SBs because of their Dlines too. No shame in that.

Now, as you were.

Last edited:

Son of a Great NO Saint.

HOF lock...sorry Foles.

Uh he's actually a Dallas fan.

Son of a Great NO Saint.

HOF lock...sorry Foles.

The funny thing is that switch out a few proper nouns and his would be a solid Boneyard take.

DVPEINRXkAAs914

Alshon said he looked at the ref to ask if he was ok where he was lined up and the ref gave him the nod.

Alsacs and any other Pats fans, question for you. Gronk has been rumored to be considering retirement. How do you feel about your chances of getting back to the Superbowl next year if he does call it quits.

And alsacs, are you still in Minnie, or on the way back?

For those of you who want to discuss the game.

Who ya got?

Well, that did not quite go as planned...

I had expected to be rooting for the Pats, as distasteful as that is.

I hate the Eagles even more than I hate the Cowboys.

But, as the game progressed, I found myself rooting for the backup QB who was matching Brady punch for punch...and hoping he would pull it out.

Great game. One of the best Superbowls I've seen (that didn't end in a Giants win, of course)...

I can take solace in the fact that I knew Iggles fans would destroy their city if they won...

Dogs won't crap where they sleep...apparently, birds do...

I am in Minnesota till this afternoon.
Gronk is important but he is posturing for money.
He got paid this year but it was tied to him in incentives to get the money.
He wants more money.
If the Pats give it to him he will come back.
If not who knows he could retire but I don’t expect him too.

Next year the Pats are still a top contender in the AFC they need to get more speed in front 7.
LB core was terrible. Van Noy is good but shouldn’t be your best LB.
They will invest in the LBs and look for some help at DE.

On offense they will be fine.
Brady, White, they will resign either Burkhead or Lewis.
Edelman
Amendola
Cooks
Dorsett
Malcolm Mitchell will be back

Gronk.
I am sure they will look to sign or draft a TE.

OL needs to be solidified but they will be coached up.
Next year I expect 12-4 and in contention for HFA.
They won last year without Gronk and had Edelman. They need one to have an elite offense.
So Gronk helps no doubt but Edelman back is huge.

Alshon said he looked at the ref to ask if he was ok where he was lined up and the ref gave him the nod.
I am not complaining just showing conspiracy theory guy.
He wasn’t on the line but the ref told him he was so they couldn’t throw a flag after the ref telling him he was fine.

I am in Minnesota till this afternoon.
Gronk is important but he is posturing for money.
He got paid this year but it was tied to him in incentives to get the money.
He wants more money.
If the Pats give it to him he will come back.
If not who knows he could retire but I don’t expect him too.

Next year the Pats are still a top contender in the AFC they need to get more speed in front 7.
LB core was terrible. Van Noy is good but shouldn’t be your best LB.
They will invest in the LBs and look for some help at DE.

On offense they will be fine.
Brady, White, they will resign either Burkhead or Lewis.
Edelman
Amendola
Cooks
Dorsett
Malcolm Mitchell will be back

Gronk.
I am sure they will look to sign or draft a TE.

OL needs to be solidified but they will be coached up.
Next year I expect 12-4 and in contention for HFA.
They won last year without Gronk and had Edelman. They need one to have an elite offense.
So Gronk helps no doubt but Edelman back is huge.

I've been there a number of times. Tough in the winter, but it's a great city in the summertime.

I've been there a number of times. Tough in the winter, but it's a great city in the summertime.
Anyone who lives in Minnesota is tough.
Everything is sheltered indoors.
Bloomington is so damn cold.
The Mall of America was insanely big it made Destiny look tiny.
Justin Timberlake was meh not bad but not great.

DVPEINRXkAAs914

Not enough information...he's clearly about a half yard behind the tackle but from this angle you can't tell.

There's a couple things...what are the refs letting both teams get away with in this game?

And, usually the outside WR will check with the referee, especially in a big game like this. If the ref nods you're good, unlikely to throw a flag. It's a known courtesy since they're 40 yards from the ball and that's not an easy look down the field, etc. Happens all the time.

You guys did just fine with the refs this post-season: 6 penalties for 52 yards in three games vs. 22 for 195 yards for your opponents. AND, as keeping with my overall thesis, of the 9 flags that WERE thrown on the Patriots this post-season, 5 came on Special Teams (1 on Offense, 3 on Defense).

That's how they like it, no 1st & 20s, etc etc

Anyone who lives in Minnesota is tough.
Everything is sheltered indoors.
Bloomington is so damn cold.
The Mall of America was insanely big it made Destiny look tiny.
Justin Timberlake was meh not bad but not great.

Spent 7 weeks of the summer of 2007 at the Homewood Suites in Bloomington, right by the Mall. It is enormous. Good running in the city, and right there as well.

JT was all dance last night. I think his voice is going away.

I am not complaining just showing conspiracy theory guy.
He wasn’t on the line but the ref told him he was so they couldn’t throw a flag after the ref telling him he was fine.

Well, that's what I expected. So what's the complaint then? If the penalty is in the eye of the beholder, and the beholder says you're fine, then what's the issue. All receivers do that, such that most of these penalties are on slot guys, etc.

This does nothing to disprove my thesis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom