Super Bowl LII thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LII thread

He didn't have a great year, but has he really shown top 10 ability during his career? I won't pretend to know intimate details about any Patriots defender, but I know he was below average even in the year he got the interception against Seattle.
The Seattle year he was a rookie and the nickel corner.
The last 2 years after he has been good and was a pro bowler and on the field 98% of defensive snaps.
He is good.
This year he wanted to be traded to New Orleans and get his money. He didn’t get paid and was pouty. He had a poor year but will get paid now as a FA.
He shouldn’t have gone from 98% of the snaps to 0%.

Funny that there’s video screaming pass interference on the last play. Where’s the video of the 3 not called PIs vs NE?

Here is a list of penalties called on Hail Mary plays:

Only one I know of occurred against the Bills for the Pats (of course)

So it does happen.

The NFL was very aware of the set-up going into this. They had a lot to lose if they continued their obvious bias.

They still couldn't find any penalties on the Pats (Gilmore would have had 3 PIs with a Bills uniform on) but they called a reasonably fair game

So it does happen.

The NFL was very aware of the set-up going into this. They had a lot to lose if they continued their obvious bias.

They still couldn't find any penalties on the Pats (Gilmore would have had 3 PIs with a Bills uniform on) but they called a reasonably fair game

The NFL did a good job. If it looked like a catch it was a catch. On that 4th down in the first half there was no illegal formation on guys off / on the line (that one was going around), and even on the big Igs drive on the forth down, I thought a case could be made that the catch was actually secured on the wrong side of the first down line. It was called like regular people would call the game, good step forward.

So it does happen.

Given the feud between the Commissioner and the Pats, why would the NFL be biased toward them?

The NFL did a good job. If it looked like a catch it was a catch. On that 4th down in the first half there was no illegal formation on guys off / on the line (that one was going around), and even on the big Igs drive on the forth down, I thought a case could be made that the catch was actually secured on the wrong side of the first down line. It was called like regular people would call the game, good step forward.

That's a good rule of thumb. regular people are watching. They buy stuff. What would they call here?

Gotta say when the Birds win their first they have done it in style:

1.) Get revenge on the best QB/HC of all time. Check.

2.) Do it while divisional rival is in multiple commercials during SB. Check

3.) Diminshing said divisional rivals all time greatest QB by using your backup QB to win. Check.

Congrats you Pennsyltucky & South Jersey wackjobs!

Re #3 which QB are you referencing there?

didnt go back thru the whole thread, but did anyone wonder why Philly didnt throw on 2nd down at 2:03 and try to win the game instead of trusting a kicker who missed a PAT and giving Brady one last try?

How much freaking bank did Foles earn with this playoff run? Isn't he an unrestricted free agent?

Obviously, Philly can't retain both QBs.

He's locked up for another year.

didnt go back thru the whole thread, but did anyone wonder why Philly didnt throw on 2nd down at 2:03 and try to win the game instead of trusting a kicker who missed a PAT and giving Brady one last try?
Philly was running good all night long.
I thought that was the play to try it but Blount almost broke the 2nd down run for a first down.

How much freaking bank did Foles earn with this playoff run? Isn't he an unrestricted free agent?

Obviously, Philly can't retain both QBs.

He's under contract for the 2018 season so they can keep him 1 more year and wait for Wentz to come back 100%, Wentz may not be ready for the start of next season, I am sure they will listen to trade offers but would probably have to be a king's ransom

Given the feud between the Commissioner and the Pats, why would the NFL be biased toward them?

I've been annoying about this point in the past so I'll just be brief here.

That feud is what the NFL wants you to believe. It was subterfuge, to think there's animosity, to relieve some of the heat from the Kraft/Goodell, NFL/Patriots conspiracy.

It worked for a few years.

What would you prefer? A draft pick, or most of the calls in every game to go your way...easy call.

He didn't have a great year, but has he really shown top 10 ability during his career? I won't pretend to know intimate details about any Patriots defender, but I know he was below average even in the year he got the interception against Seattle.

I’m not a huge fan of his. He can tackle which is good but he gets beat a lot. His best quality is his recovery speed but he employs it way to often. Gets juked too easily. That said he is way better than Eric Rowe. There has to be more to this. There is a reason the Pats didn’t offer him much of a contract.

I was listening to Brent Musbergers Sirius XM gambling channel Saturday and he had an insider at Pink's rehearsals who said she went under on all practice performances.

Steretore is as awful ref

yes he is

dallas-cowboys-win-game-after-ref-decided-a-crucial-4th-down-measurement-using-an-index-card.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom