Super Bowl LVII Thread... | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LVII Thread...

I’m honored I’ve conversed with such a magnanimous and virtuous Iggles fan.

I’ll be sure to follow the example you set and clutch my pearls the next time I see you post something disparaging about Dallas.

FFS, I’ve never had a Philly fan get so butt hurt over “Cry, Eagles, Cry”
All I said was stay classy. Who's butt hurt?

Cowboys may go another 30 years without a Super Bowl victory but they'll never have this:

eaglescrysong.jpg
Because they aren’t worth the effort?

Over the years the Cowboys have lost several big games, some in brutal fashion. You've never heard anything remotely resembling a taunt out of this Philly fan. Not how I roll, chief. You on the other hand...

The Cowboy's streak is amazing. Since their last appearance in the NFC CG...

8 appearances- Packers
7 appearances- 49ers, Eagles
4- Rams, Vikings, Panthers, Falcons
3- Giants, Bucs, Saints, Seahawks (they were AFC until 2002)
2- Bears, Cards
0- Redskins, Lions

So only three teams have not made two NFC CGs since the Cowboys were last in one.

1:45 is plenty of time. You don't need to go deep. So Philly wouldn't have played with urgency with 1:45 left? If anything KC would try to stop the deep ball cuz they likely lose if they give up a TD, making them vulnerable underneath. But Nostradamus thinks a drive to move 35-40 yards is absolutely out of the question. smh
Exactly. In the last two minutes teams always stop doing what was working all game long and go into a prevent .. KC would have too. There is virtually no way Philly doesn't get close to fg range.

The football move itself is a bailout for the refs. Possession and two feet down should be enough like there.

Still think you got jobbed at end of game.

Especially when the rule is different when they are on the sideline, no football move is needed there.

8 appearances- Packers
2- Bears, Cards
0- Redskins, Lions

So only three teams have not made two NFC CGs since the Cowboys were last in one.
It's a long streak no doubt, but even with all those years of no appearances the Cowboys have the most NFC Championship game wins than anyone (8). Other than Dallas, only three other teams have winning records in the nfc championship game: NYG, Washington, Seattle with combined (13-1) record.

It's a long streak no doubt, but even with all those years of no appearances the Cowboys have the most NFC Championship game wins than anyone (8). Other than Dallas, only three other teams have winning records in the nfc championship game: NYG, Washington, Seattle with combined (13-1) record.

When they get there they have a good record, thanks to the 70s. But they have made only 4 NFC CGs in the last 40 seasons. 40 years is a long time. Also in the last 44 seasons they have a losing NFC CG record (3-4). They had a great run 1992-1995 but that is a blip in the last 40 years.

I wasn’t arguing that it hasn't been a long a$$ time, just pointing out that it’s quite remarkable nobody has caught them in wins (SF is on the doorstep). But, getting there is getting there regardless of when it happened. Conveniently leaving out one decade doesn’t tell the whole story.

Last edited:
When they get there they have a good record, thanks to the 70s. But they have made only 4 NFC CGs in the last 40 seasons. 40 years is a long time. Also in the last 44 seasons they have a losing NFC CG record (3-4). They had a great run 1992-1995 but that is a blip in the last 40 years.

The advent of free agency and Jerry's ego killed that run. If neither of those things happen Jimmy was so good that they might have won 2 or 3 more and folks would be talking about him instead of BB.

I honestly do not think they win again until Jerry is no longer on the earth. He has gone from taking too many risks, to taking none at all. He has hitched his last years to Dak who is simply not good enough.

8 appearances- Packers
2- Bears, Cards
0- Redskins, Lions

That is an amazing stat. I didn't know that GB had made that many NFC title game appearances. Obviously they lost most of them but still pretty decent to get there that often.

I wasn’t arguing that it hasn't been a long a$$ time, just pointing out that it’s quite remarkable nobody has caught them in wins (SF is on the doorstep). But, getting there is getting there regardless of when it happened. Conveniently leaving out one decade doesn’t tell the whole story.
Fair point it's just that any Cowboy fan born since the late 1980s has no remembrance of that historical success.

Fair point it's just that any Cowboy fan born since the late 1980s has no remembrance of that historical success.
What does that even mean? Does any Steeler fan wipe out their dominance of the 70s out since they were born in the late 80s? Does every Yankee fan discount the previous 21 World Series championships because they were born in the late 80s?? Hell no, Those fans relish in that history. Again, it’s been a long time, but they are still the most successful team in nfc championship game history without playing in the game for 28 yrs. That’s pretty impressive and thats my only point.

What does that even mean? Does any Steeler fan wipe out their dominance of the 70s out since they were born in the late 80s? Does every Yankee fan discount the previous 21 World Series championships because they were born in the late 80s?? Hell no, Those fans relish in that history. Again, it’s been a long time, but they are still the most successful team in nfc championship game history without playing in the game for 28 yrs. That’s pretty impressive and thats my only point.
My only point is that if you weren't around as a fan to witness or enjoy any of that historical success then it has a lot less meaning. Most fans live in the what have you done for me lately mode and what happened several decades ago is of little solace to them if they weren't around to see it.

Prior to 2004 I'm sure most Red Sox fans weren't all that geeked up about winning several championships during the 1910s. JMO

And as for your 3rd question the answer is a resounding YES. :)

Sure and a massive % of all those fanbases exist because of that success though. Which makes it sorta lame to brag about imo.

I was at the game last Sunday. Everything about the game has been sufficiently covered here so I won’t rehash it. I’m a Giants fan and was surrounded by Eagles fans on all sides. I have to say everyone I met was really civil. I don’t like the Eagles but their fan base travels really well. Had to be like a 70-30 Eagles to Chiefs ratio from what I could see(or maybe the Philly fans were just that much louder). It was a great game and a once in a lifetime experience that I might never have again.

I was at the game last Sunday. Everything about the game has been sufficiently covered here so I won’t rehash it. I’m a Giants fan and was surrounded by Eagles fans on all sides. I have to say everyone I met was really civil. I don’t like the Eagles but their fan base travels really well. Had to be like a 70-30 Eagles to Chiefs ratio from what I could see(or maybe the Philly fans were just that much louder). It was a great game and a once in a lifetime experience that I might never have again.
Eagle fans get a bad rap. The actions of a very small minority can ruin it for everybody else. I've had season tickets for 20 years and haven't seen a fight in my section or anywhere near me in forever. The fans are passionate and intense and some talk a little bit too much trash for my liking but are otherwise fine. And you're right about traveling. They're right up there with Buffalo and Pittsburgh when it comes to hitting the road to watch their team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom