Super Bowl LVII Thread... | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LVII Thread...

I didn't see it that way. Obviously the officials didn't either.

But isn't that exactly why you don't overturn the call? It isn't obvious which way to go. It is a bang bang play.

IMO the refs wanted to call it incomplete but wanted to fall back on replay to make sure. They should have called it incomplete on the field instead of the charade. I think it was a fumble but if they called it incomplete and overturned the call, I would be upset. It wasn't conclusive either way.

Replay came about to correct egregious mistakes. It was not put in place to correct every little mistake. And even with replay the refs get it wrong. Additionally there are penalties (mistakes) not called just about every play. Why are we correcting the little things while allowing some big penalties to slide? Not sure how the purpose of replay morphed into what it has today and it ruins the game. It really needs to go back to the original purpose of correcting obvious errors.

I don't think the Smith play was a catch, but why even replay it? It was close enough. It wasn't a clear error. It is ok to have tolerable human error.

The only legit argument that should be made that is not being made, is defensive holding shouldn’t be an automatic first down.

Should’ve been 3rd and 3 after that penalty. There is zero good reason I can think of to make it an automatic first down.
Almost all defensive penalties are first downs. The rule is the rule.
Personally, I think there should be grades of P.I.
Make a play on the ball. 10 yards.
Pull a guy down because you got beat, spot foul.

But , that’s not the rule. Big deal.

Almost all defensive penalties are first downs. The rule is the rule.
Personally, I think there should be grades of P.I.
Make a play on the ball. 10 yards.
Pull a guy down because you got beat, spot foul.

But , that’s not the rule. Big deal.

Neither holding nor PI should be auto 1st downs. Make holding 15 yards and PI 15 yards or if greater spot of the foul. I hate seeing a 3rd and 20 with a holding/PI over the middle on a 10 yard pass getting an auto first down. Let it be 3rd and 5.

Neither holding nor PI should be auto 1st downs. Make holding 15 yards and PI 15 yards or if greater spot of the foul. I hate seeing a 3rd and 20 with a holding/PI over the middle on a 10 yard pass getting an auto first down. Let it be 3rd and 5.
I feel like Brady would have a few less superbowl victories if PI wasn’t a spot foul.

I agree. I like the college rule much better. 15 yards.

Doesn’t that invite penalties. Penalties should be just that.

Or just don't hold and commit PI. I personally would have let that call go, but it was a penalty by the letter of the law.

The Bengals had the same thing happen last year to them against Kupp.

Doesn’t that invite penalties. Penalties should be just that.

Does it in college where PI is only 15 and not a spot foul? Having holding go from 10 to 15 is increase the yardage but not giving a 1st down. That only impacts you if you have more than 15 yards to go for a 1st down. It won't happen often.

Or just don't hold and commit PI. I personally would have let that call go, but it was a penalty by the letter of the law.

The Bengals had the same thing happen last year to them against Kupp.
Very similar both in final 2 minutes on last scoring drive and both were first D Holding calls all game.

Amazing that no one else slipped during the game. Just brutal for the Eagles.
The Eagles best pass rushers use pure speed rushers. Jones and the KC Dline are more crafty. I'm sorry you couldnt put 2 and 2 together and understand what I was trying to outline.

The Eagles best pass rushers use pure speed rushers. Jones and the KC Dline are more crafty. I'm sorry you couldnt put 2 and 2 together and understand what I was trying to outline.
I understood completely. You are not that nuanced, subtle or complex. As you seemingly don’t understand sarcasm, my point was, people slipped all game. It impacted everyone, not just that guy on that play.
If the Eagles had bothered to cover the motion guy on the 2 TDs, nothing else would be an issue. I mean how embarrassing, to get beat for TDs twice on the same play.
Hey, how about have better punt coverage.
The “field cost is the game” is a loser’s lament.

I understood completely. You are not that nuanced, subtle or complex. As you seemingly don’t understand sarcasm, my point was, people slipped all game. It impacted everyone, not just that guy on that play.
If the Eagles had bothered to cover the motion guy on the 2 TDs, nothing else would be an issue. I mean how embarrassing, to get beat for TDs twice on the same play.
Almost as embarrassing as going close to 30 years without playing in a single NFC title game. In this century alone the Eagles have played in seven NFC title games and three Super Bowls.

I might be wrong but I don’t think he’s an eagles fan.

But I am, and field sucked and it’s not unreasonable to point out that it negates one of our advantages. But…I’m not going to btch about it because it’s way down the list of reasons why they lost the game.

Almost as embarrassing as going close to 30 years without playing in a single NFC title game. In this century alone the Eagles have played in seven NFC title games and three Super Bowls.
Cowboys may go another 30 years without a Super Bowl victory but they'll never have this:

eaglescrysong.jpg

Not embarrassing to me. I have nothing to do with it. My sense of selfworth is not wrapped up in success or failure of sports teams. Outcomes of games don’t impact me. It’s entertainment. Nothing more or less. Sorry for you if your mood or well being are impacted by the actions of people who could not care less about you.

W
Cowboys may go another 30 years without a Super Bowl victory but they'll never have this:

eaglescrysong.jpg
Wow that's some deep sheet right there. "Blow the big games" ? Oh the irony.

I knew my post - although not aimed at you - was going to draw you out of your bunker.

Last edited:
Not embarrassing to me. I have nothing to do with it. My sense of selfworth is not wrapped up in success or failure of sports teams. Outcomes of games don’t impact me. It’s entertainment. Nothing more or less. Sorry for you if your mood or well being are impacted by the actions of people who could not care less about you.
Struck a nerve huh, pal? In any event thx for the lecture. Don't pull a hammy jumpin' off your high horse.

W

Wow that's some deep sheet right there. "Blow the big games" ? Oh the irony.

I knew my post - although not aimed at you - was going to draw you out of your bunker.
I see you're still out of your mind unlike other Iggs fans in this thread.

Whatever helps you process that L.

BTW - It's hilarious you're telling Tuttle to get off his high horse after posting "Stay classy" to a common taunt tossed at Iggs fans.

Those are two words I've never heard out of a Philly fan's mouth.

(Mostly because they don't understand what "classy" means)

I see you're still out of your mind unlike other Iggs fans in this thread.

Whatever helps you process that L.

BTW - It's hilarious you're telling Tuttle to get off his high horse after posting "Stay classy" to a common taunt tossed at Iggs fans.

Those are two words I've never heard out of a Philly fan's mouth.

(Mostly because they don't understand what "classy" means)
Over the years the Cowboys have lost several big games, some in brutal fashion. You've never heard anything remotely resembling a taunt out of this Philly fan. Not how I roll, chief. You on the other hand...

Over the years the Cowboys have lost several big games, some in brutal fashion. You've never heard anything remotely resembling a taunt out of this Philly fan. Not how I roll, chief. You on the other hand...
I’m honored I’ve conversed with such a magnanimous and virtuous Iggles fan.

I’ll be sure to follow the example you set and clutch my pearls the next time I see you post something disparaging about Dallas.

FFS, I’ve never had a Philly fan get so butt hurt over “Cry, Eagles, Cry”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom