Super Bowl | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl

10 & 41.

somebody doesnt have a 1st rounder...

$$ talks, norman could come, but theyre not going after franchised guys, nobody will...ever.

i doubt anyone gives up a 2 for chandler, not when you can have him for free the following year.

wilkerson has been talked about forever.

they get him...Giants could go LB or still DL #1 on draft day.

Flowers, Pugh and Richburg are set on the OL. bring Beatty back on the cheap and then find another starter and some good depth for there.

FA a vet WR & another 2 or 3 DBs.

then draft a WR or DB in 2nd & 3rd.

I'd go hard after Oliver Vernon.

Need serious help in the secondary. Id be ok with a stud corner with their first pick. I would also resign Beatty for sure and try to pick up one more via FA.

Would love to see Cruz back and healthy but in reality I think his best days are behind him.

They have tons of cash to spend so I will be curious to see how this plays out.

10 & 41.

somebody doesnt have a 1st rounder...

$$ talks, norman could come, but theyre not going after franchised guys, nobody will...ever.

i doubt anyone gives up a 2 for chandler, not when you can have him for free the following year.

wilkerson has been talked about forever.

they get him...Giants could go LB or still DL #1 on draft day.

Flowers, Pugh and Richburg are set on the OL. bring Beatty back on the cheap and then find another starter and some good depth for there.

FA a vet WR & another 2 or 3 DBs.

then draft a WR or DB in 2nd & 3rd.
Jones would get franchised before being a FA next year. Chandler Jones would get a 2nd round pick for sure.

C'mon on you know that. He is in his prime now.

Kaiser the lack of a 1st round pick doesn't really kill the Pats that much. It sucks for sure and I am not going to say it wouldn't help when it would for sure.

However, they have all of their key players under contract now. Have 7 million in cap space(they will get more cap space from the NFL for AH) and could make moves. They can move Chandler Jones to somebody for a decent pick.

That first round pick would likely have been traded for a high second and 3rd/4th rounder depending on the other teams' interest. This is BB MO most years.

The loss of D. Revis gives them a 3rd round compensatory pick. So basically the team swapped a first round pick was swapped for a 3rd round pick. Which is a penalty for sure but not a backbreaker as 3rd round picks for teams that don't have Jerry Reese can actually draft decent players there.

Kaiser the lack of a 1st round pick doesn't really kill the Pats that much. It sucks for sure and I am not going to say it wouldn't help when it would for sure.

However, they have all of their key players under contract now. Have 7 million in cap space(they will get more cap space from the NFL for AH) and could make moves. They can move Chandler Jones to somebody for a decent pick.

That first round pick would likely have been traded for a high second and 3rd/4th rounder depending on the other teams' interest. This is BB MO most years.

The loss of D. Revis gives them a 3rd round compensatory pick. So basically the team swapped a first round pick was swapped for a 3rd round pick. Which is a penalty for sure but not a backbreaker as 3rd round picks for teams that don't have Jerry Reese can actually draft decent players there.
listen, jerry reese F's up the 2nd & 4th round just as much as the 3rd (couple of arguable Syracuse busts in there actually), so lets not glos that over.

i agree that no #1 wont hurt them this year. they are still the patsies, they still have brady and BB...and they still play in the AFC East, so they will have 5-6 games chalked up in W column by kickoff weekend and are basically already in the playoffs.

anywho, nobody will give the Fn patsies a 2 for chandler...nobody.

francesa just summed up cam perfectly (somebody had to feed him the line, but he didnt flub it)...he said, 'if youre going to wear a big S on your chest and run around like Superman, you cant play like lois lane when the ball is on the ground'.

everyone who hates Cam (myself included...but he was league MVP if i had a vote) now have a lot more ammo after yesterday.

listen, jerry reese F's up the 2nd & 4th round just as much as the 3rd (couple of arguable Syracuse busts in there actually), so lets not glos that over.

i agree that no #1 wont hurt them this year. they are still the patsies, they still have brady and BB...and they still play in the AFC East, so they will have 5-6 games chalked up in W column by kickoff weekend and are basically already in the playoffs.

francesa just summed up cam perfectly (somebody had to feed him the line, but he didnt flub it)...he said, 'if youre going to wear a big S on your chest and run around like Superman, you cant play like lois lane when the ball is on the ground'.

everyone who hates Cam (myself included...but he was league MVP if i had a vote) now have a lot more ammo after yesterday.
Fair analysis. I wouldn't dispute anything you said. I will say Carolina really doesn't have any offensive weapons besides Cam and Olson. Their WR core was Philly Brown and Ted Ginn Jr. the Broncos excellent DBs shut them down. Even NE had Edelman/Amendola/LaFell to go with Gronk.

Carolina needs WRs and they will be the favorites in the NFC next year. G-Men need some defensive help and they could rule the East. Green Bay/Minnesota will be a war in the North and Seattle should be back in control of the West next year.

AFC will be more wide open next year with NE-Pitt-Denver-Cincy-Indy-Balt-NYJ-Mia-Buf-KC-Oak all really close.

remember that scout who tore into Cam back in 2011? He's probably feeling good today.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140319...kly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

http://web.archive.org/web/20140319...kly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

I only have one question...does Carolina sniff the Super Bowl if Cam Newton is not playing QB for the Panthers this year?

If they don't, and I don't think they do, then one bad game doesn't make that guy right...
my favorite scouting report:

Wears left knee brace… During pregame warmup, didn't look like he had a rocket arm… As game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep ball range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver's right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

SUMMARY: I THINK HE IS THE COMPLETE PACKAGE. HE"S NOT GOING TO BE A FAST RUNNER, BUT A LITTLE LIKE JOE MONTANA, HE HAS ENOUGH ATHLETIC ABILITY TO GET OUT OF TROUBLE. REMEMBER HOW ARCHIE RAN? IN THAT DEPARTMENT, ELI DOESN'T HAVE THE BEST GENES, ALTHOUGH I NEVER TIMED MOM OLIVIA IN THE 40. BUT HE HAS A FEEL FOR THE POCKET. FEELS THE RUSH.

THROWS THE BALL, TAKES THE HIT, GETS RIGHT BACK UP...HAS COURAGE AND POISE. IN MY OPINION, MOST OF ALL, HE HAS THAT QUALITY YOU CAN'T DEFINE. CALL IT MAGIC. AS BOBBY BOYD TOLD ME ONCE ABOUT UNITAS, "TWO THINGS SET HIM APART; HIS LEFT TESTICLE AND HIS RIGHT TESTICLE"...PEYTON HAD MUCH BETTER TALENT AROUND HIM AT TENESSEE. BUT I HONESTLY GIVE THIS GUY A CHANCE TO BE BETTER THAN HIS BROTHER. ELI DOESN'T GET MUCH HELP FROM THE COACHING STAFF. IF HE COMES OUT EARLY, WE SHOULD MOVE UP TO TAKE HIM. THESE GUYS ARE RARE, YOU KNOW.

Ernie Accorsi

that was 2002, he absolutely nailed it.

my favorite scouting report:

Wears left knee brace… During pregame warmup, didn't look like he had a rocket arm… As game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep ball range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver's right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

SUMMARY: I THINK HE IS THE COMPLETE PACKAGE. HE"S NOT GOING TO BE A FAST RUNNER, BUT A LITTLE LIKE JOE MONTANA, HE HAS ENOUGH ATHLETIC ABILITY TO GET OUT OF TROUBLE. REMEMBER HOW ARCHIE RAN? IN THAT DEPARTMENT, ELI DOESN'T HAVE THE BEST GENES, ALTHOUGH I NEVER TIMED MOM OLIVIA IN THE 40. BUT HE HAS A FEEL FOR THE POCKET. FEELS THE RUSH.

THROWS THE BALL, TAKES THE HIT, GETS RIGHT BACK UP...HAS COURAGE AND POISE. IN MY OPINION, MOST OF ALL, HE HAS THAT QUALITY YOU CAN'T DEFINE. CALL IT MAGIC. AS BOBBY BOYD TOLD ME ONCE ABOUT UNITAS, "TWO THINGS SET HIM APART; HIS LEFT TESTICLE AND HIS RIGHT TESTICLE"...PEYTON HAD MUCH BETTER TALENT AROUND HIM AT TENESSEE. BUT I HONESTLY GIVE THIS GUY A CHANCE TO BE BETTER THAN HIS BROTHER. ELI DOESN'T GET MUCH HELP FROM THE COACHING STAFF. IF HE COMES OUT EARLY, WE SHOULD MOVE UP TO TAKE HIM. THESE GUYS ARE RARE, YOU KNOW.

Ernie Accorsi

that was 2002, he absolutely nailed it.

Never had seen that...great read..thx for sharing...

Good GM vs a talking head...no contest...

Remember when Kiper called Freeney a "reach"? LOL...

"I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother"...I know you have to be a hard-core Giants fan to buy into this but Eli is not far off...

Never had seen that...great read..thx for sharing...

Good GM vs a talking head...no contest...

Remember when Kiper called Freeney a "reach"? LOL...

"I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother"...I know you have to be a hard-core Giants fan to buy into this but Eli is not far off...
funny on Kiper.

that better than his bro stuff obviously didnt happen, but he said 'a chance' and taken in context...by 02, Peyton had 2 20+ INT years and a 3 win season and was coming off a 6 win one.

but the rest of it, pretty much is Eli.

that part after 'Sees the field...' was this year and quite often has been every year.

The same media attacking Cam today is the same media that went after Brady during deflategate, yet the same media that gives the Manning HGH story no legs...

Big deal the Panthers lost, I still remember when the Saints beat the Colts, everyone was trying to put the blame on Reggie Wayne. Not the fact that Drew outplayed Peyton, and Manning threw one of the worst INT's in SB history.

Not sure why this guy was annointed the king/prince of the NFL. I could pick one of 50 QB's and the Broncos would of won with them yesterday.

I was listening to a Gary Myers interview last week about the research he did on his Brady/Manning book, and he said the public perception of the two players couldn't be further from the truth. Manning is a D*** and Brady is a very likeable guy. I tend to believe that

This is nothing against the Broncos, I enjoyed watching Elway growing up and I think when all is said and done he will make the Hall as an executive as well. Elway did a great job building that team, but I cannot wait for Peyton Manning to go away for good. Guy gets the benefit of doubt on everything and I don't believe any of it.

Ok Rant over, just my opinion. Congrats to SSbriefcase18. Broncos D is up there with Seattle/Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Chicago as one of the best of all time. They went up against the 3 of the best 5 qb's in the league and gave up 44 points total in 3 games.

The same media attacking Cam today is the same media that went after Brady during deflategate, yet the same media that gives the Manning HGH story no legs...

Big deal the Panthers lost, I still remember when the Saints beat the Colts, everyone was trying to put the blame on Reggie Wayne. Not the fact that Drew outplayed Peyton, and Manning threw one of the worst INT's in SB history.

Not sure why this guy was annointed the king/prince of the NFL. I could pick one of 50 QB's and the Broncos would of won with them yesterday.

I was listening to a Gary Myers interview last week about the research he did on his Brady/Manning book, and he said the public perception of the two players couldn't be further from the truth. Manning is a D*** and Brady is a very likeable guy. I tend to believe that

This is nothing against the Broncos, I enjoyed watching Elway growing up and I think when all is said and done he will make the Hall as an executive as well. Elway did a great job building that team, but I cannot wait for Peyton Manning to go away for good. Guy gets the benefit of doubt on everything and I don't believe any of it.

Ok Rant over, just my opinion. Congrats to SSbriefcase18. Broncos D is up there with Seattle/Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Chicago as one of the best of all time. They went up against the 3 of the best 5 qb's in the league and gave up 44 points total in 3 games.
Agreed on the Broncos they earned it. No BS they flat out won the Championship nothing more can be said. They shut down PITT/NE/CAR 3 of the top 4 offenses.

On Cam here you go. Also people didn't know that Cam got up because it could heard some players on Denver i.e.Chris Harris Jr. were talking smack about him.
Cat6NOjUkAAVuz8.jpg

I mean there isn't much arguing that he stunk this year but still you really just need to keep quiet and go home if you're a PM hater considering the argument all these years was "he doesn't win in playoffs & I don't care about anything else". :noidea:
I don't remember anyone anywhere blaming Reggie Wayne for the Saints SB. I'm sure it happened like the NE throwing away HFA theory and everything else happened on the internet but pretty far from "everyone".

Mind you to the victor goes the spoils. I don't blame Harris one bit he had a right to run his mouth after winning the SB. This is why Cam Newton got up.

Agreed on the Broncos they earned it. No BS they flat out won the Championship nothing more can be said. They shut down PITT/NE/CAR 3 of the top 4 offenses.

On Cam here you go. Also people didn't know that Cam got up because it could heard some players on Denver i.e.Chris Harris Jr. were talking smack about him.
Cat6NOjUkAAVuz8.jpg
boo-the-freakin-hoo

they should talk smack.

they can talk smack.

for cam got smacked.

whats that? the brian dawkins theory?? heard that earlier, we are all laughing at it.

who cares??

i thought he told everyone to stop him and he would dance or dap??

he was stopped...and this is what we get.

the real cam.

hes a freakin loser. an MVP, but a freakin loser.

so, is next years panthers mantra gonna be...'Win 1 for Cam, so he can dance and dap all he wants and not end up crying like a little girl because he couldnt!! and therefore wont have to answer any questions as to why we didnt see any of that!!!'

F him.

I mean there isn't much arguing that he stunk this year but still you really just need to keep quiet and go home if you're a PM hater considering the argument all these years was "he doesn't win in playoffs & I don't care about anything else". :noidea:
I don't remember anyone anywhere blaming Reggie Wayne for the Saints SB. I'm sure it happened like the NE throwing away HFA theory and everything else happened on the internet but pretty far from "everyone".
???
I am not a PM hater. I think he is a top 10 QB of alltime. I have no problem admitting I am upset the treatment TB has gotten from the national media from a BS story and PM has skated by with an allegation against him which is more serious than TB was accused of.

I thought he had an awful year this year. It just showed though the Denver D wasn't getting enough respect and I have no problem eating a huge piece of humble pie on that issue. I was wrong on them but PM wasn't good this postseason. Manning had better years for sure but this Denver team won on defense. That Saints team had a mediocre defense and made plays to get turnovers.

NE losing HFA takes nothing away from Denver. Denver won the SB and was the better team but honestly pretty much an NFL quality QB could have played yesterday for Denver and they would have won that game.

boo-the-freakin-hoo

they should talk smack.

they can talk smack.

for cam got smacked.

whats that? the brian dawkins theory?? heard that earlier, we are all laughing at it.

who cares??

i thought he told everyone to stop him and he would dance or dap??

he was stopped...and this is what we get.

the real cam.

hes a freakin loser. an MVP, but a freakin loser.

so, is next years panthers mantra gonna be...'Win 1 for Cam, so he can dance and dap all he wants and not end up crying like a little girl because he couldnt!! and therefore wont have to answer any questions as to why we didnt see any of that!!!'

F him.
Again Denver had every right to talk smack. The point is the media narrative is a joke. The media should just and let the man stew. He didn't owe them anything at the PC. He shook Peyton Manning's hand like a gentleman and didn't owe the media any answers.

The media act like they deserve what the F they want. I wish more athletes were like Marshawn Lynch with them. Most fans don't give a F what the media think.

funny on Kiper.

that better than his bro stuff obviously didnt happen, but he said 'a chance' and taken in context...by 02, Peyton had 2 20+ INT years and a 3 win season and was coming off a 6 win one.

Let me ask you this...and I'm dead serious...

In a big game, do you want Eli or Peyton as your QB?

If it was a regular season game Peyton.
If it was a playoff game Eli.

So you want the guy who isn't good enough to get his team to the playoffs?

So you want the guy who isn't good enough to get his team to the playoffs?
It was a joke. It was which bro which would rather have in a big game. Eli doesn't get to many big games but when he does his record has been impressive. While Peyton has a 14-13 playoff record. Peyton is the greatest regular season QB of alltime.