Super Bowl | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl

Phil Simms called Robert McClain, Robert McBride ALL game. Get it together bro, it's the Super Bowl.

Game was boring af.

I was rooting for Manning but that weird over the top Budweiser shoutout, twice, after the game ended makes me wish he lost.

It's funny, everybody likes to pick on Trent Dilfer as just being a game manager who rode an elite defense to a Super Bowl. That's precisely what Peyton did last night. But I'm happy for him, nonetheless.

It's funny, everybody likes to pick on Trent Dilfer as just being a game manager who rode an elite defense to a Super Bowl. That's precisely what Peyton did last night. But I'm happy for him, nonetheless.

Their track records leading into the two games are quintessentially different.

Newton's body language sucked from mid 1st quarter on.

Yes, I noticed how passive, almost flat-footed he was in receiving the direct snaps, leading to some pretty poor footwork and over-reliance on arm strength. His body language seemed to suggest he thought all he had to do was show up, and he got really pouty after it became apparent he needed to do more than that.

Yes, I noticed how passive, almost flat-footed he was in receiving the direct snaps, leading to some pretty poor footwork and over-reliance on arm strength. His body language seemed to suggest he thought all he had to do was show up, and he got really pouty after it became apparent he needed to do more than that.
But he had to do basically everything. Not excusing him whining but he literally had to be the entire offense. They couldn't run block, couldn't pass block and his lack of quality WR's finally showed up. I'll also give him a pass for the temper tantrum he threw in the end zone because we all know Peyton gets that call.

Well duh. ;)

Sorry, was just a reaction. I didn't mind Dilfer any more than the rest of the Ravens (I hated - and still do - all of 'em equally). I always thought Mark Rypien was the definitive beneficiary of a team much better than he was.

Last edited:
9-14 96yds 1 td handed off all day and the D won it.

16-27 135yds 1 td and needed his kicker to win it.

9-21 123yds 2 ints and a WR threw a TD.

who are these 'game managers'??

The third one is definitely Ben. Since you're a Giants fan I'm going to make the educated guess that the second one is Brady. Not sure on the first, perhaps somebody like Joe Namath?

The third one is definitely Ben. Since you're a Giants fan I'm going to make the educated guess that the second one is Brady. Not sure on the first, perhaps somebody like Joe Namath?
bradshaw.

But he had to do basically everything. Not excusing him whining but he literally had to be the entire offense. They couldn't run block, couldn't pass block and his lack of quality WR's finally showed up. I'll also give him a pass for the temper tantrum he threw in the end zone because we all know Peyton gets that call.

Well, ya dance with the one that brung ya, huh? They were that way most of the year. One of the biggest problems with the super bowl is the two week layoff, which gives good D coordinators many hours of film-watching time. And Carolina had nothing more on Feb 6 than they did on Jan 6. And their regular schedule was not a particularly tough one. The only playoff teams they saw were the Packers and the Seahawks.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-15/2015-carolina-panthers-football-schedule.php

Patriot's, Seahawks, and Steelers open as the favorites next year. No really big surprise there.

The second one is Brady is SB 36 I know that. However that was his 2nd year in NFL and 1st as a starter. That was the SB though his D won it.

The third one is Big Ben in SB 40. He was awful in that game and the refs really screwed Seattle with several bad calls.

First one I am guessing Bob Griese against the Redskins in the 1972 perfect season?

Denver D flat dominated NE and CAR two of the 3 best offenses in the NFL.

More specifically Von Miller was the dominant player on the field in the postseason. I was surprised Carolina continued to spread out Denver. NE had no choice but Carolina was just dominated by Denver.

Manning was awful in this game. They only had 11 first downs the whole game. That is crazy. Denver forced all those turnovers and you gotta tip your cap to the champs they earned it no controversy.

I hope we get Carolina @ Denver in the opener next year. I do not want the Pats @ Broncos as the opener. Save it for later in the year.

Here is some trivia who is the only SB MVP from a team on the losing side of the game?

Also who are the current NBA Finals MVP, NFL SB MVP, and World Series MVP? If somebody gets this one without looking they watch too much sports? I couldn't have done it.

Here is some trivia who is the only SB MVP from a team on the losing side of the game?

Also who are the current NBA Finals MVP, NFL SB MVP, and World Series MVP? If somebody gets this one without looking they watch too much sports? I couldn't have done it.

I would guess Curry, Brady and Gordon. But I've been wrong before.

chuck howley - cowboys NFL
Bobby richardson - MLB

The other ones I dont know

I would guess Curry, Brady and Gordon. But I've been wrong before.
0 for 3(0 for 2) but I will give credit Brady won last year. That would include this year's SB.

chuck howley - cowboys NFL
Bobby richardson - MLB

The other ones I dont know
Correct on the SB trivia.

who won this year's NBA Finals MVP, SB MVP, and WS MVP though was the 2nd question

Patriot's, Seahawks, and Steelers open as the favorites next year. No really big surprise there.
Steelers are going to be crazy tough with Ben healthy, Bell/Sanders/Bryant and a Pouncey back.

That team needs some help in the secondary though.

Steelers are going to be crazy tough with Ben healthy, Bell/Sanders/Bryant and a Pouncey back.

That team needs some help in the secondary though.

Who's the Pat's big acquisition going to be this spring? I've heard everything from Mario Williams to Alshon Jeffrey.