Super Bowl | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl

Who's the Pat's big acquisition going to be this spring? I've heard everything from Mario Williams to Alshon Jeffrey.
They are going to trade Chandler Jones for late first or early second. Teams like Cardinals or Lions are rumored to be interested.

Pats will go after interior OL and the only big name I could see them signing would be Matt Forte. He can catch the ball and still has a little left in the tank.

They won't touch Jeffrey as NE doesn't like wasting money on WRs and Williams will want to get paid.

0 for 3(0 for 2) but I will give credit Brady won last year. That would include this year's SB.
wow, curry was a lock for me.

i really didnt watch the WS, i planned on it, but things just kept getting in the way of it and once it was clear it was a rout...

as for my ?, it was just to point out that bradshaw, brady and ben are not looked upon as game managers...nor does history look at their piss poor SB games with an asterix.

they are a 4x, 4x and 2x SB Champion and now Peyton is a 2x Champion.

the game stats will be lost to time.

hell, brady has 3 wins where all credit should go to the kicker and 1 win where it should go the seahawks...and people fawn all over him.

and im not evening bringing up how cheated in all them!!

wow, curry was a lock for me.

i really didnt watch the WS, i planned on it, but things just kept getting in the way of it and once it was clear it was a rout...

as for my ?, it was just to point out that bradshaw, brady and ben are not looked upon as game managers...nor does history look at their piss poor SB games with an asterix.

they are a 4x, 4x and 2x SB Champion and now Peyton is a 2x Champion.

the game stats will be lost to time.

hell, brady has 3 wins where all credit should go to the kicker and 1 win where it should go the seahawks...and people fawn all over him.

and im not evening bringing up how cheated in all them!!

LOL. I think Mahoney might of been able to win the Super Bowl playing QB for the Broncos Defense last night.

WS MVP Salvador Perez
NBA Finals MVP Andre Iguodala
SB MVP Von Miller

Correct on the SB trivia.

who won this year's NBA Finals MVP, SB MVP, and WS MVP though was the 2nd question

NBA: Andre Iguodala
NFL: Von Miller, or am I not understanding the question?
World Series: No idea

Edit: I had posted this before seeing the answers above lol

They are going to trade Chandler Jones for late first or early second. Teams like Cardinals or Lions are rumored to be interested.

Pats will go after interior OL and the only big name I could see them signing would be Matt Forte. He can catch the ball and still has a little left in the tank.

They won't touch Jeffrey as NE doesn't like wasting money on WRs and Williams will want to get paid.

Is this because of the synthetic weed stuff? Why trade him?

Is this because of the synthetic weed stuff? Why trade him?
$$$
They are going to extend Dont'a Hightower, Malcolm Butler, Jabaal Sheard. There isn't enough money for Chandler. So trade him and get an asset.

It isn't because of the synthetic weed stuff. Without the cap situation I am sure they would keep him. Chandler is going to get a huge contract.

$$$
They are going to extend Dont'a Hightower, Malcolm Butler, Jabaal Sheard. There isn't enough money for Chandler. So trade him and get an asset.

It isn't because of the synthetic weed stuff. Without the cap situation I am sure they would keep him. Chandler is going to get a huge contract.

Ah gotcha. That makes sense. I'm interested to see how Denver addresses their cap situation too; they have some work to do to keep their guys.

Ah gotcha. That makes sense. I'm interested to see how Denver addresses their cap situation too; they have some work to do to keep their guys.
They have to franchise Miller. If they don't he would get an insane contract, but they have to keep Osweiler as well who is a FA.

I will say Elway is among the best GMs in the game so they got that going on. The Demarius Thomas contract now in hindsight looks bad even though I think the guy has insane talent. He just drops the ball a lot.

They also will have among the most dead money on the cap for next year because of player incentives from this year but winning a title means that is fine.

Somebody like Talib could be a cap causality for them.

They have to franchise Miller. If they don't he would get an insane contract, but they have to keep Osweiler as well who is a FA.

I will say Elway is among the best GMs in the game so they got that going on. The Demarius Thomas contract now in hindsight looks bad even though I think the guy has insane talent. He just drops the ball a lot.

They also will have among the most dead money on the cap for next year because of player incentives from this year but winning a title means that is fine.

I'm very curious to see what kind of money a guy like Brock gets.

Just out of curiosity, how'd your bonus bet against the Broncos go? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you never made that bet and never intended to?

I'm very curious to see what kind of money a guy like Brock gets.
If I were his agent I would say 2 years 20 million. He has Denver by the privates and could use Cleveland/Houston/San Fran/LA Rams as leverage.

I wouldn't sign a long term deal as he could blow up and get even more but I wouldn't take less than 10 million when decent starting QBs are getting 5 million per year now.

Just out of curiosity, how'd your bonus bet against the Broncos go? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you never made that bet and never intended to?
I made a smaller bet and lost. I didn't bet the whole thing. I did lose some though. I did chicken out of the huge bet though.

I made a smaller bet and lost. I didn't bet the whole thing. I did lose some though. I did chicken out of the huge bet though.
Smart. 'I know a guy' who teased the line up to 8.5 pts and took Carolina for 50K. Dumb..

I’m calling it: Carolina will absolutely blow Denver’s doors off. Super Bowl 50 has the same look and feel of Super Bowl 48, where Seattle beat Denver 43-8 and led 22-0 at halftime. Remember that was the game where it was over on the very first play. Snap over Peyton’s head, safety Seattle, big return on the free kick and 9-0 just like that.

I would load up the Brinks truck to give the 4 ½ points with Carolina. I think the Panthers would cover if the line was 14 ½.

I don’t care what the media says, holding out hope for a storybook ending, Peyton is totally washed up. He missed so many throws yesterday and threw a bunch of floaters and ducks. The Pats blew that game by Beli-cheat twice refusing to kick a field goal so they got no points on 2 straight red zone trips.

As for that vaunted Denver pass rush it won’t work nearly as well against Carolina. Their offensive line is great and Cam is a monster
. But Denver’s biggest problem will be scoring.

I could envision a final score of Carolina 38-11.
Sorry Marsh, but I've got to cry out loud on this

I did a suffer a decent loss last night if you care it was 4 figures but not high 5 figures. I was more frustrated after the AFCC game but I did think 3 points was too little.
I didn't think Carolina OL was worse than the NE OL and while it not have been the Denver DEs dominated the same way in the both games and without the HFA advantage in SB 50.

Agreed, I'm not sure why people claim to like defensive football.

I love defensive football.

As a Giants fan, there was nothing better than, with a lead in the 4th quarter, knowing that Parcells was going to run the ball twice, throw a screen on 3rd down, punt, play defense and win the game...

To this day, no matter how good the Giants are on O, it irritates me to no end when they suck on D...

I loved watching the defenses dominate last night...

I love defensive football.

As a Giants fan, there was nothing better than, with a lead in the 4th quarter, knowing that Parcells was going to run the ball twice, throw a screen on 3rd down, punt, play defense and win the game...

To this day, no matter how good the Giants are on O, it irritates me to no end when they suck on D...

I loved watching the defenses dominate last night...
totally agree.

thats why this year was so damn frustrating.

i said that to people as well, that was like watching a classic Giants game.

and for all you guys wondering where the big name FA defensive players will end up.

theres a big market team, with a proven $$ QB, with a powerful offense ready to win now...who finds itself at least 50mill under the cap, thats looking for some big time help on the defensive side of the ball...

just sayin...

and for all you guys wondering where the big name FA defensive players will end up.

theres a big market team, with a proven $$ QB, with a powerful offense ready to win now...who finds itself at least 50mill under the cap, thats looking for some big time help on the defensive side of the ball...

just sayin...
How high is the NYG 2nd round pick? They could be another team in the Chandler Jones trade market. He is going to be dealt and have to be paid.

Von Miller is going to be franchised at worst. I don't see many elite FAs on the market this year.

Josh Norman will be franchised and would not go to NYG anyway.

Muhammed Wilkerson could be a guy for the NYG as I doubt the NYJ will franchise him with all their money on the DL.
Then you got Bruce Irvin and Eric Berry and all offensive guys.

It's funny, everybody likes to pick on Trent Dilfer as just being a game manager who rode an elite defense to a Super Bowl. That's precisely what Peyton did last night. But I'm happy for him, nonetheless.

and nobody in the Peyton slurping media will call him a game manager

How high is the NYG 2nd round pick? They could be another team in the Chandler Jones trade market. He is going to be dealt and have to be paid.

Von Miller is going to be franchised at worst. I don't see many elite FAs on the market this year.

Josh Norman will be franchised and would not go to NYG anyway.

Muhammed Wilkerson could be a guy for the NYG as I doubt the NYJ will franchise him with all their money on the DL.
Then you got Bruce Irvin and Eric Berry and all offensive guys.
10 & 41.

somebody doesnt have a 1st rounder...

$$ talks, norman could come, but theyre not going after franchised guys, nobody will...ever.

i doubt anyone gives up a 2 for chandler, not when you can have him for free the following year.

wilkerson has been talked about forever.

they get him...Giants could go LB or still DL #1 on draft day.

Flowers, Pugh and Richburg are set on the OL. bring Beatty back on the cheap and then find another starter and some good depth for there.

FA a vet WR & another 2 or 3 DBs.

then draft a WR or DB in 2nd & 3rd.

totally agree.

thats why this year was so damn frustrating.

i said that to people as well, that was like watching a classic Giants game.

Big time. Nothing like watching an offense that has no chance of moving the ball on a stud defense. Watching that 30 for 30 on the 85 Bears made me long even more for the giants D to get back to where it was.