Sure | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is slimy especially when we all talk “shyttt” to each other and make fun of each other. Nothing I haven’t already said to Griff or JB or anything like that. I’ve told a few of them “golf is not for you”. Does that make you feel better about my relationship ? I invited JB to Augusta last fall to play during Peach Jam and he declined because “he’s played it” in which I said “jeez I’ll work on getting a better place for us”... hopefully this gives you some insight instead of judging
Don’t hesitate to reach out to me in the future if you need a back up for Augusta. Happy to help fill out the foursome… ;)

But you aren’t here telling zingers about his golf game or talking about razzing. You’re implying his flaws have made him inept and using things you’ve observed while privately hanging out with him to tell us he’s not good at his job and hinting there is much more we wouldn’t like if you just told it to us. Fine, I guess. Just remind me never to hang out with you or let my guard down around you.

I don’t think JB is a saint, I don’t think he is perfect. I think his public persona is a poor reflection of the program. But I feel like he deserves a little more courtesy and respect from his pals.
Which is why he's holding back on the details of these interactions, no?
What am I missing here? JB goes golfing with a few folks, one of whom posts here and tries to give insight into the man's personality. If this was any other celebrity; MJ, Tiger Woods, Lebron, Melo, Beyonce, Justin Bieber (;)) etc., I'd be interested to know how they interact w/ "regular" folks as well. And not because I'm looking for character flaws, but rather to give me a peek at what makes the person tick...so I can maybe grasp why and how they do what they do. Nothing wrong with that at all.
And just for comparison, in HS I played with a kid who ended up playing for Johnny Majors at Tennessee, starting tailback. He had a cup of coffee in the league as well. I consider him to be a friend, not extremely close, but if I ran into him today, we'd give each other a pound and reminisce. He was an a-hole in a lot of ways, to a lot of people, & when scouts came to watch him they got wind of some of these stories about him, and actually asked some of us, his teammates/friends, about it. I was honest, and told them how I felt. Why? Because I was asked, and I wasn't gonna lie about it. Also, if his name came up on this message board, I wouldn't hesitate to tell what I know. Again, not to denigrate or pile on, but because it would be the subject being broached, and I could add to that with some relevant insight. It didn't stop UT/UM/Fla/Temple from recruiting him, and no one was the worse for wear. Without question, today he'd probably agree with most of what I said about him, and no one accused me of betrayal or anything like that. It was the truth, and the truth shall set you free. JMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors