Surprised I'm the first to mention this... | Syracusefan.com

Surprised I'm the first to mention this...

cuseguy

Living Legend
SU is 24-0 and ranked No. 1 in the country but its Saturday afternoon game tomorrow with NC State is only available on ESPN3 and selected ACC Network stations...

Thankfully, I have AppleTV and can watch on ESPN3

But I know a number of people who will not be able to watch this game.

Amazing.

Thank God it's a home game. If they pull this ESPN3 BS on an away game I will go apesh&t.

Amazing is one way to put it...

I can think of a few others :bang::mad:Oh Lord

Amazing is one way to put it...

I can think of a few others :bang::mad:Oh Lord

Or:
Angry-Fan.gif

For starters, the ACC Network is not available in 75 percent of Connecticut and a good portion of New Jersey.

It's also available via ESPN Full Court and may be available via the ACC's app & website.

The last game like this was at least on a regional fox sports network. You know something I can get with DirecTV :(

It's also available via ESPN Full Court and may be available via the ACC's app & website.

True. Other avenues, but most people aren't going to sign up for Full Court or watch it on a computer.

I was planning on going over to someone's house to watch it on a big screen TV. That's out. I'll have to watch it at home.

Is it on NESN? Not listed on my listings.
Oops - not NESN. MyTV38 (WSBK) and WLWC-28 on my cable system. Sorry. Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

We just got some fancy new internet box thing for the TVs at the bar. I'm goooood to go.

True. Other avenues, but most people aren't going to sign up for Full Court or watch it on a computer.

I was planning on going over to someone's house to watch it on a big screen TV. That's out. I'll have to watch it at home.
Take your AppleTV with you.

I've done it several times during football season. We set up 2-3 TVs... who needs a sports bar? :)

This is one time where you think ESPN would have switched our game to ESPN or ESPN2.

I need to speak with my ESPN buddy.

You mean espn is going to miss a opportunity to show clips of ncstate rushing the court, JB yelling and upset, talking about NCStates title from 30 years ago 20 times during the game,and talking about how NC State is a amazing passing team??? Soon followed up by special referees and one sided announcing against us. I think not, they would be crazy and unusual to miss out on that.

This is one time where you think ESPN would have switched our game to ESPN or ESPN2.

I need to speak with my ESPN buddy.
Houston vs. Cincy is on ESPNU at 3:00. Now there's a huge rating. haha. We should be that ESPNU game.

Steve, if I were going to be home, I'd say come watch it here because (living on the other side of New Haven) I get NYC tv channels. It's on Channel 55 in Fairfield County.

The last game like this was at least on a regional fox sports network. You know something I can get with DirecTV :(

If this game is ACC Network, it means its on an over the air broadcaster who bought local rights to syndicate Raycom's signal. In Syracuse it's one of the CNY Central channels (for a Syracuse game it'll always be Ch 3).

If you live somewhere else, complain to your local channels and get someone to put the package on.

There's a list of affiliates on the acc website (according to google) but I can't get it to load on my computer to confirm. Maybe others will have better luck.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...r-ACCMBB-NC-State-at-Syracuse_02-10-14_i2vl2g

Steve, if I were going to be home, I'd say come watch it here because (living on the other side of New Haven) I get NYC tv channels. It's on Channel 55 in Fairfield County.

Joyce, many thanks. I'm good. I have AppleTV and access to ESPN3. But I know a number of people in Jersey and Connecticut who will not be able to watch this game without standing on their heads.

I'll plug the laptop into the tv for the espn3 feed, but it still sucks and the non-hd makes it look like it was broadcast in 1983...

If this game is ACC Network, it means its on an over the air broadcaster who bought local rights to syndicate Raycom's signal. In Syracuse it's one of the CNY Central channels (for a Syracuse game it'll always be Ch 3).

If you live somewhere else, complain to your local channels and get someone to put the package on.

There's a list of affiliates on the acc website (according to google) but I can't get it to load on my computer to confirm. Maybe others will have better luck.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...r-ACCMBB-NC-State-at-Syracuse_02-10-14_i2vl2g

We don't get any of the ACC Network affiliates here in Connecticut. You need to live in Fairfield County, closer to New York, to get one of those affiliates. And if you live in Central Jersey and points south, you're also out of luck.

Basically, there's a lot of holes in the ACC Network coverage.

But is this partly by design on ESPN's part. They're trying to drive up viewership on ESPN3 by putting a number of our games on that channel. And, you know what, it's worked. Every time we're aired on ESPN3, ratings are enormous. ESPN likes us. They really do, despite what many think.