Surprised I'm the first to mention this... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Surprised I'm the first to mention this...

I'll plug the laptop into the tv for the espn3 feed, but it still sucks and the non-hd makes it look like it was broadcast in 1983...
AppleTV/Roku streaming is near-HD. Much better than the low-def offering on Full Court.

CuseTroop said:
We just got some fancy new internet box thing for the TVs at the bar. I'm goooood to go.

Finally getting rid of the rabbit ears?

Finally getting rid of the rabbit ears?

lol. i used to have to watch games on my phone, or even worse, at home!

I hope their internet connection is strong enough to do this. I'm gonna head to the bar around 10 tomorrow to test it out, make sure its good to go.

Dang we better not get the 1983 NC State showing up.

This just got me thinking -
I'll bet ESPN shows a replay of Ennis's shot to win the game against Pitt and then a replay of Lorenzo Charles's dunk in the 1983 championship game as part of an 'exciting game-ending plays' segment.

We don't get any of the ACC Network affiliates here in Connecticut. You need to live in Fairfield County, closer to New York, to get one of those affiliates. And if you live in Central Jersey and points south, you're also out of luck.

Basically, there's a lot of holes in the ACC Network coverage.

But is this partly by design on ESPN's part. They're trying to drive up viewership on ESPN3 by putting a number of our games on that channel. And, you know what, it's worked. Every time we're aired on ESPN3, ratings are enormous. ESPN likes us. They really do, despite what many think.

Same thing here they have it in Knoxville and Tri-Cities but no ACC Network affiliate in Nashville. There will always be holes if you use over the air broadcast networks for the games. There needs to at least be a national option like Fox Sports or SNY even if they get blacked out in markets that cover the game over the air.

In the NY Metro area, most systems pick up WLNY 10/55. It is on there live. Other independents in different market areas may pick it up too, since it is a big game and sure to attract a large audience. Double check your list of stations.

Is there any chance of this game getting picked up last minute by regional networks like Fox Sports, YES, etc. ? I invested in the Apple TV but it's a lot more fun to go out and watch the weekend games.

AppleTV/Roku streaming is near-HD. Much better than the low-def offering on Full Court.
My Roku streaming via ESPN3 has been full HD for me and looked fine. The speed of the internet connection does matter - I have mine hooked up wired with a 50Mbps connection.

We don't get any of the ACC Network affiliates here in Connecticut. You need to live in Fairfield County, closer to New York, to get one of those affiliates. And if you live in Central Jersey and points south, you're also out of luck.

Basically, there's a lot of holes in the ACC Network coverage.

But is this partly by design on ESPN's part. They're trying to drive up viewership on ESPN3 by putting a number of our games on that channel. And, you know what, it's worked. Every time we're aired on ESPN3, ratings are enormous. ESPN likes us. They really do, despite what many think.

Actually this has little to do with ESPN driving viewers to ESPN3 as they sub-licenced a package of games to Raycom for their package. This is one of them. There are 2 sub-licenced packages the RSN (cable) packages and the ACC Network (Raycom, OTA affiliates). ESPN kept some digital rights to show them in areas not covered by these regional packages on ESPN3.

In the NY Metro area, most systems pick up WLNY 10/55. It is on there live. Other independents in different market areas may pick it up too, since it is a big game and sure to attract a large audience. Double check your list of stations.

I think anything outside of 75 miles from NYC is outside of the NY Metro area. That would be me. I also have a friend who lives near Princeton, N.J., and he doesn't get WLNY.

Actually this has little to do with ESPN driving viewers to ESPN3 as they sub-licenced a package of games to Raycom for their package. This is one of them. There are 2 sub-licenced packages the RSN (cable) packages and the ACC Network (Raycom, OTA affiliates). ESPN kept some digital rights to show them in areas not covered by these regional packages on ESPN3.

This may be true in this instance, but I know that ESPN has put a number of our games on E3 in the past to drive up viewership. A good friend works in programming for ESPN.

what channel is it on in Albany?? will need to have them put it on in the Lodge at Gore. perfect start time after a great day of skiing.

the bartenders in past years have been Cuse fans, but havnt been this year to know if theyre still there. the band should be kickin, so the announcers could just be dave85 and bees discussing whether the use of jack donkey is a bannable offense and i wouldnt know it or care.

on the edit, good one with the calipari substitute.

For those in Atlanta, the game is on channel 36. ESPN-3 should be blacked out.

I've already b!tched and moaned a couple times earlier in the season, so I won't get too crazy here... but it is just pathetic that we out-of-marketers (WITH direcTV no less) have to resort to watching an SU conference game via streaming (or poor-quality nonHD payperview). Pathetic.
Oh Lord
(n)
:mad:

Looking at that list quickly it seems that all ACC markets are pretty much covered. ESPN allows you to buy a one game / day deal as well, a lot cheaper than going out.

Well, I guess its time to go out tonite or tomorrow and finally buy the Roku!!

angry_fan_gif.gif

Bball Chick.gif

This may be true in this instance, but I know that ESPN has put a number of our games on E3 in the past to drive up viewership. A good friend works in programming for ESPN.

I don't disagree with that. All the early season non-conference games that were ESPN3 exclusives are examples of it. But these ones were regional broadcasts all season long, it's nice that ESPN actually offers the alternative of showing it on the internet to those who would normally not have any access to it?

Remember when the only way to see the games were on next day tape-delay on cable 13?

For starters, the ACC Network is not available in 75 percent of Connecticut and a good portion of New Jersey.
There's probably a huge Uconn v SMU rivalry game being aired instead.

If this game is ACC Network, it means its on an over the air broadcaster who bought local rights to syndicate Raycom's signal. In Syracuse it's one of the CNY Central channels (for a Syracuse game it'll always be Ch 3).

If you live somewhere else, complain to your local channels and get someone to put the package on.

There's a list of affiliates on the acc website (according to google) but I can't get it to load on my computer to confirm. Maybe others will have better luck.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...r-ACCMBB-NC-State-at-Syracuse_02-10-14_i2vl2g

It is on one of the CNY Central channels in Syracuse, but not channel 3. It is showing on CW/WSTQ or CH 6 SD - CH 1212HD. Those are Time Warner channel numbers.