Surprised | Syracusefan.com

Surprised

AZOrange

Living Legend
if this is all that ESPN went with honestly. People that do this to children are generally serial. Bernie had access to kids his entire career. The sheer lack of accusers in and of itself is shocking here and I am surprised ESPN ran with it.

Generally, as a lawyer, I think it is best not to say anything unless you have to, but in these cases public opinion is set against you right off the bat. So in cases like JoePa's case it is best not to speak because you already spoke (to the grand jury), but in this case I believe the University, and Boeheim have vigorously defended this.

As a Syracuse fan (only) and not as a lawyer, I am glad JB went all in. Imo, it removes any culpability that was implied to him. We had this exact discussion on here the other day and I still believe what I said (and I think it was confirmed last night) that there is simply no way JB would have allowed this to happen and/or covered it up. He just isn't that guy.

Remember this guy Schwartz is ESPN New York. If you follow any other NY sports teams you'll realize these guys are hacks and portray absolutely no objectivity at all. It now seems, at least from other posts related to Mike and Mike, that ESPN is reeling this douchebag in just a bit. Unfortunately his original interview is all over the place and is trying to paint Bernie as Sandusky Lite.

Remember this guy Schwartz is ESPN New York. If you follow any other NY sports teams you'll realize these guys are hacks and portray absolutely no objectivity at all. It now seems, at least from other posts related to Mike and Mike, that ESPN is reeling this douchebag in just a bit. Unfortunately his original interview is all over the place and is trying to paint Bernie as Sandusky Lite.
It is not impossible to believe that Schwarz is blinded by the kudos he has received on the PSU situation. He was a major contributor there. Maybe he now thinks this is his calling to dig all these scandals up. Thats fine. The world needs guys like him, but he has to be careful about reporting real stories...

It is not impossible to believe that Schwarz is blinded by the kudos he has received on the PSU situation. He was a major contributor there. Maybe he now thinks this is his calling to dig all these scandals up. Thats fine. The world needs guys like him, but he has to be careful about reporting real stories...

He might have been wise to take some advice from JB - premature anything isn't good...

It's only been 18 hours. Too early to say that they're the only accusers.

I don't know if Schwarz is affiliated with ESPN New York because I don't visit that website very often. I do know that Mark Schwarz has worked as a reporter on Outside the Lines for years. A quick Google search reveals that he worked on ESPN's coverage of Hurricane Katrina and how it affected New Orleans in 2005.

Of course, this doesn't mean he's correct 100% of the time, but he's a credible reporter and I suspect you're confusing him with someone else.

18 hours? there has been 35 years to have accusers.
way easier to be the 10th accuser than the first so everyone waits for someone else to step forward

Didn't ESPN investigate these allegations in 2003? Didn't the P-S do their own investigation then? Didn't SU investigate again in 2005? Until Davis' step-brother came forward this week there has never been any hint of additional accusers. Not saying there couldn't be any yet to emerge, but everything I've read indicates that pedophiles are not monogamous. If Bernie was engaged in this behavior in 1987 he was probably doing the same thing in 1977 and in 2007. So there will be others...unless Bobby Davis and his step-brother are full of sh&t.

way easier to be the 10th accuser than the first so everyone waits for someone else to step forward
I dont disagree. But I dont think it is completely accurate to say it has only been 18 hours. If there were others they could have come forward like the others did (in PSU scandal for example)

I dont disagree. But I dont think it is completely accurate to say it has only been 18 hours. If there were others they could have come forward like the others did (in PSU scandal for example)
it's public now, people will hear about it. before, people wouldn't have known someone already came forward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom