Swofford = Vince McMahon | Syracusefan.com

Swofford = Vince McMahon

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
Does everything he can to make sure Clemson walks out with the belt. Is this "offsides"

FqczEJ6.png

any different from telling Earl Hebner to ring the bell?

Seriesscrewjob.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous that this play isn't reviewable. It's pretty black and white.

Absolutely ridiculous that this play isn't reviewable. It's pretty black and white.

Pretty clear evidence there is something terribly wrong with ACC officiating. This was not even close to off sides.

Definitely a bad call. But then the ACC officials have had worse calls throughout the regular season. This one doesn't upset me in the least, mainly because there was no guarantee that the Tar Heels score a TD or get the 2-pt conversion to force OT if they had been awarded possession. Well that, and I'm not a fan of either team. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Definitely a bad call. But then the ACC officials have had worse calls throughout the regular season. This one doesn't upset me in the least, mainly because there was no guarantee that the Tar Heels score a TD or get the 2-pt conversion to force OT if they had been awarded possession. Well that, and I'm not a fan of either team. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

So you believe fairness and making correct calls are only significant if you think someone has a chance in your exalted opinion or you are rooting for them. I on the other hand believe making correct calls is always important for the integrity of the game.
This looks and is fishy, especially when added to numerous other incorrect calls during the ACC season. Remember that notorious game where even the league suspended the officials, because they had so obviously allowed a team to win that should not have?

Yea I don't care at all, people act like if the call was reversed it would be automatic TD and 2 point conversion.

So you believe fairness and making correct calls are only significant if you think someone has a chance in your exalted opinion or you are rooting for them. I on the other hand believe making correct calls is always important for the integrity of the game.
This looks and is fishy, especially when added to numerous other incorrect calls during the ACC season. Remember that notorious game where even the league suspended the officials, because they had so obviously allowed a team to win that should not have?

My point is that bad calls by ACC officials happen all the time. So it bothered me for a minute and then I moved on. And in the big scheme of things, no I have no problem with it because bad calls are a part of most games. Hell, we complain about two or three in every single one of our games. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

ACC refs are a step above high school refs.

Those who have no issue in how the league's championship game is officiated have been conditioned to accept mediocrity and failure.

ACC refs are a step above high school refs.

Those who have no issue in how the league's championship game is officiated have been conditioned to accept mediocrity and failure.

So we should only care about their ineptitude in the CCG and not the regular season games which may impact what teams play in the CCG? Oh Lord

If someone is going to care at least go all the way with it, don't limit it to CCGs. :p

Cheers,
Neil

So we should only care about their ineptitude in the CCG and not the regular season games which may impact what teams play in the CCG? Oh Lord

If someone is going to care at least go all the way with it, don't limit it to CCGs. :p

Cheers,
Neil
You are the one limiting it, you have just stated that it occurs all the time, as if that is acceptable. My biggest problem is these officiating "errors" seem to always occur in a way such as to alter game outcomes. Why I wonder does that seem to be the case? I could suggest some reasons, but it would only be innuendo since I have no proof, but this league should get serious about getting its officiating honest, reputable and predominantly correct.
Please no more straw man responses.

I wondered with the involvement of the Don of the carolina mafia in the ACC title game would Swofford be forced to let the refs call it down the middle. We got a resounding no at the end of that game.

Cheers,
Neil
Fair enough but that's what people said after the Bills Pats game and then saw what happened in the Green Bay game on Thursday.

As they say it was time for UNC to "do the honors"

The voters will punish Clemson ... They will drop to Two

The voters will punish Clemson ... They will drop to Two

I dont think they should so that. They have an undefeated conference champion with wins agains ND, FSU and UNC. They have been #1 in the polls for weeks. Based on some of the early projections, it looks like the punishment might be moving Oklahoma back to #4.

All football officiating is terrible. The ACC is just a different flavor of awful. Every call should be reviewable.

All football officiating is terrible. The ACC is just a different flavor of awful. Every call should be reviewable.
Disagree only some should. It would slow the game down way to much.

Need to get rid of conference refs. Swofford didn't need to tell them to screw UNC. The refs knew what they were supposed to do, its just understood

I've said that for years. They should be NCAA refs or the like because there is too much money involved in these games. Not that that would stop corruption if that were ever true but at least give the illusion of honesty.

SmilinBob said:
I've said that for years. They should be NCAA refs or the like because there is too much money involved in these games. Not that that would stop corruption if that were ever true but at least give the illusion of honesty.

I don't think the NCAA should have any more power than it already does. Imagine if NCAA controlled referees worked our basketball games. Talk about rigged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom