Sykes out for year- May as well get NCAA news today | Syracusefan.com

Sykes out for year- May as well get NCAA news today

Dcuse

All Conference
Already one of worst SU sports news days in our history. MAN!!!

Worst SU Sports day in history ? A little much.

The GM news, after the demotion the only question was when and to where.
The Alin Edouard news, there was hardly a guarantee he would make it here (Most people where like, I'll believe it when i see it)
and Yeah sucks for Sykes and she's a good player, but it's Syracuse Womens Basketball so.

The Alin Edouard news, there was hardly a guarantee he would make it here (Most people where like, I'll believe it when i see it)
and Yeah sucks for Sykes and she's a good player, but Syracuse Womens Basketball still.
Yeah, it was a lousy news day for SU sports fans.And I said "one of"- not Thee worst day

Yeah I would say that's a definite overreaction. Going on probation in 1991 and when the Bernie Fine story broke are way above this.

Oh yeah, the 91 probation and Bernie Fine. Forgot about those. Thanks for the pick me up.

No problem. I'm here for you!

Well is sure is the worst day for Sykes SU bball career and I feel badly for her. Which is more important than rating the bad SU sports days.

For sure. I feel horrible for her. From everything I read about her, Brittany is somebody we can be proud represents the program. Feel horrible after all that hard work to get back and then it happens again.

I feel awful for Brittney, having personally known how hard she worked to get back this season. They were very careful with her also. She was in full practice for a few weeks before her doctors allowed her into a game. It was only her 2nd game. She is such a great person, and such a great representative of our school as a student athlete. She must be devastated. I hope she can pull through emotionally.
I have to think this is where the final decision for DeJuan came into play. Not that we really expected him back. But I found the announcement right after Brittney's injury interesting.
The other new, eh.
I think one of the worst was Arinze's injury.
Also losing Fab Melo the 2nd time.
Let's not jinx this as being the worse day with another day on the horizon!!!

sykes20
21 minutes ago
Just want to say Thank You and let everyone know how much I appreciate all the love, text messages, tweets, calls everything I have received from the news ! I'm going to be just fine ! It's all in Gods hands and plan ✊ #CBK20

She is seriously an amazing person.

At this time I would like to ridicule your benign post. Please allow me to tell you how you are wrong about your opinion that has absolutely nothing to do with game strategy, recruiting, or a players current level of play.

Thank you.

and Yeah sucks for Sykes and she's a good player, but it's Syracuse Womens Basketball so.
dont be so negative bro geez.

So women's basketball doesn't matter or the health of an person?

Ennis declaring for the draft
Grant declaring for the draft
Losing to Dayton in the 2nd round
Losing to Michigan in the Final Four
Losing to OSU in the Elite 8
Fab Melo declared ineligible for the tournament
Fab Melo declared ineligible for January
Losing to Marquette in the 2nd round
Missing out on Anthony Davis
Missing out on Nerlens Noel
Missing out on Noah Vonleh

Just a handful of worse days in very recent SU history, IMO

"one of the worst"

I've not been scouring everything today. What else happened? I don't see any monster bombshells in the topic titles.

The hiring of Greg Robinson...anyone?

hindsight is 20/20. people were considerably less happy the day marrone was hired than the day Grob was hired, if memory serves me correctly.

case in point. The Julius Hodge decision day could actually be listed on here. But it indirectly, maybe even directly led us to the national title.

hindsight is 20/20. people were considerably less happy the day marrone was hired than the day Grob was hired, if memory serves me correctly.

I agree about the contemporaneous reaction to the GRob hire...but the word history was used in the OP's post...and history usually involves hindsight.

I've not been scouring everything today. What else happened? I don't see any monster bombshells in the topic titles.

Me neither. But I suspect that's because I/we (?) are among those who mainly stick to men's hoops.

Help, anyone? I've got lots of worse days in mind than this one, based on what I know now.

I've got lots of worse days in mind than this one, based on what I know now.

What does that mean. And what are you trying to start. Not Cool !!!

Or maybe I just read that wrong, and overreacted myself.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the 91 probation and Bernie Fine. Forgot about those. Thanks for the pick me up.
For people who go wayyyyyyy back, the Andre Hawkins-Waldron BET incident. (That is leaving out anything expressly tied to a game, like the Closing of Manley)

What does that mean. And what are you trying to start. Not Cool !!!

Or maybe I just read that wrong, and overreacted myself.

I'm saying that I don't see anything on this board today (I don't frequent the other boards) that would put this anywhere near the pantheon of Worst SU Days Ever.

Hulk chill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom