Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its mailed in half @ssed recruiting
JB doesnt want to upset the apple cart, only occasionaly shoots for the stars anymore
to some it looks like a little league dad building a team for his son and his friends, thats cool

Do you think Nate Oates, Chris Beard, crazy Hurley would have this strategy for their roster?
You really can’t mention Hurley with Oates and Beard. Hurley ain’t nobody.

wow now I am intrigued.

this tidbit and shaka smart calling him and wanting him back combined with him being the first target by staff despite literally thousands of other players available all lead me to believe he could indeed b sizably better than his 2 point per game average or whatever that had my interest on super shrinkage status.

Still need at least 1 mre gaurd though...
These are the kind of players that developmental programs like Marq, Nova, Loyola, Gonzaga have in the pipeline and come on big as jr's and sr's. So is Swider.

If we tried to find someone better than Girard, we could have. But that wasn’t the operative.
You bugging the basketball offices? Sweet, what exactly did the staff say about this operative. I want details man

Bwahaha. Get back to me after they’ve coached in a national championship or two.

Dystopian perspective warp.
36F21912-7348-4F3E-961A-74A02396ACB3.png

need to be fair...his analytics are horrible

-1.8 BPM
6.3 PER
yeah...I am not overlooking that and since I don't know much about him...I looked at his stats and was underwhelmed.

BUT

If he can manage to have an overall plus in terms of plus/minus on that team...that had a losing record ...pretty nice. that he could do so without scoring a ton probably means he does all the little things right...which this team could really use...and is the exact profile of a 3rd/4th gaurd that you want.

If Kadary didn’t want to be here then a dead guy (channeling my inner JB press conference here) would be better for us than him. We got a live guy, seemingly a huge upgrade on that count alone, and half this board has their faces melt off.

I like this a lot and I like how fast JB is moving. Get these guys on the team ASAP and start teaching.

You bugging the basketball offices? Sweet, what exactly did the staff say about this operative. I want details man
You think they’re eyeing guards to take Joe’s spot?

Only checked the board a couple of times today. It seems that within 24 hours, we replaced a 4-star top 100 guard who doesn't want to be here with a 4-star top 100 guard who wants to be here and is all in on the team and we are still freaking out.
Well if that’s how you want to look at it. I’m really surprised so many seem ok with what is happening...

You think they’re eyeing guards to take Joe’s spot?
Yep

It goes against the narrative™️ but I think they were very excited to have Kadary push and start to overtake Joe. That’s what good coaches want - steady improvement, good competition

I have never seen Symir play at any level, but the descriptions posted here from various recruiting sites - he sounds like a clone of Brandon Triche. Physical combo guard with a PG mentality who is a good but not great shooter. Strength, length and athleticism for the top of the zone. Similar rankings coming out of HS.

Doesn't have the star potential of Kadary to be sure, but sounds like he should be talented enough to push Joe for time. If JB allows it.
His game is not like Brandon's.

This kid is a top 100 recruit so we can hope for the best.

We needed PG depth.
I've know Sy since he was a kid as well as his family for many years. He is a great kid in every manner, good basketball player with a smile that will light up a room. Very disappointed in loosing Kadary, but I'll have to separate the two situations, because this is one kid I'll never root against. Welcome home Sy!

These are the kind of players that developmental programs like Marq, Nova, Loyola, Gonzaga have in the pipeline and come on big as jr's and sr's. So is Swider.

lol. this is the type of kid that Marquette gets... only he just transferred FROM Marquette.

Also, I don't want SU to aspire to be like Marquette.

Yep

It goes against the narrative™️ but I think they were very excited to have Kadary push and start to overtake Joe. That’s what good coaches want - steady improvement, good competition
Well awesome, any names your hearing?

Well if that’s how you want to look at it. I’m really surprised so many seem ok with what is happening...
Since this is the Symir Torrence thread, it seems like a good place to try to be optimistic. I understand how bummed people are about Kadary, but I like what people are writing about this kid and I really like how much he wants to be at Syracuse.

I’m excited for the pickup. Kids is from SU. Wants to play at SU. From reading quick first step to the basket and can get in the lane. That is what we need from a pg. neither joe or buddy has shown that consistently.
Sucks to loose Richmond. I do fault JB but the kid decided to leave. Remember when we recruited him there were a lot of doubters.
Never know how it will work out until the players that want to be here get on the floor.
Not true. Richmond was a fast rising prospect when we landed him. He was flying up the charts and one recruiting guy said he could end up a 5-star. By the end of his senior year at Brewster, he was playing great and people said he was arguably the best player on that team, which was loaded with high major D1 prospects.

Last edited:
Symir was ranked the 95th best player in the 2019 class by 247.

Kadary was ranked the 91st best player in the 2020 class by 247.

Sorry Kadary decided to leave. Glad Symir wants in.
We lost the most dynamic PG we’ve had here in years, and he’s not getting replaced with an equal player (unless we go overseas or pull another diamond from the rough). There’s no way to sugarcoat it.

You really can’t mention Hurley with Oates and Beard. Hurley ain’t nobody.
Hurley is a tool bag, but he recruits a lot harder than JB.

Last edited:
We lost the most dynamic PG we’ve had here in years, and he’s not getting replaced with an equal player (unless we go overseas or pull another diamond from the rough). There’s no way to sugarcoat it.
Oh please. I like Kadary. Great athlete. But he certainly had some clunkers and slumps. Torrence is a good player too who, just like Richmond, felt he deserved more PT. We may have a better backcourt with him. Time will tell but the hysterics must stop.

I just stated facts. I am a keto guy. No sugar in that post.

Since this is the Symir Torrence thread, it seems like a good place to try to be optimistic. I understand how bummed people are about Kadary, but I like what people are writing about this kid and I really like how much he wants to be at Syracuse.
Heh my bad...I thought we were in KRs thread...too many threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors