SyraCRUZ Tailgate 2023 - Time to Step Up! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SyraCRUZ Tailgate 2023 - Time to Step Up!

We will be meeting with Enrique in a couple of weeks to get his input on the 2023 program. At this point, I don’t think we will be able to support a second football player as a lifetime achievement honoree along with our guest program unless pledges experience another bump. If you plan to participate but haven’t done so yet, please message me. And if you have friends, family, even fellow fans that you don’t like all that much, please share. Also feel free to post about us on social media.

Would an admin please pin this thread?

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Please join this really fun and special NIL initiative. Last year a lot more funds were raised in the initial asking, and the pride we all had that we pulled off something really different was great. The press was all over it, and I loved wearing my Syracruz tshirt in Arizona, and to explain what our group did. It is really cool to make a donation and to know that you are part of something special, and of course we can not all make a real big NIL donation, but to some football player this Fine tailgate family based football NIL means the world because they join our "family". I really hope we can raise a bunch more and bring in an additional player this year, since that is the sign that we really did it. It's like the little red engine of NILs. I think we can, I think we can...

Quantity of pledges has slowed to a trickle but received a couple of sizable donations last week along with a couple of others who knew nothing about this forum or the tailgate but saw the 44Films feature and reached out to me on FB asking how they could help.

We have crossed the $7000 level in pledges for this year, and with a healthy carryover from last year I am now confident we can match the offer to our name sponsor, fund guest appearances for all six home tailgates and do something for additional football player(s). I have a couple of ideas a little different than what we did for Rhino last year and will run them by Enrique when we meet next week. Stay tuned!

If you have already made your pledge, you can send me payment at any time. If you haven’t pledged yet, now is the time! Just send me an email or private message with your name, board name email and amount pledged. Don’t need to send payment immediately but the pledge amount helps in planning. Every dollar helps!

We kick it off 12 weeks from Saturday. See you there!

For our tailgate guest program we broadcast an offer to all mens and womens basketball and lacrosse players and the men’s soccer team.

Today’s celebration special - if I get $500 in pledges in the next 24 hours I will send a targeted invitation solely to Judah Mintz to attend one of our September home games. If I get $1000 I will double the standard appearance fee to $1000.

Me me me!
Looks like we have our fourth $44 pledge. I;ll att $176 to your personal pledge, SUskibum !

Puts us at $138 for the Judah challenge. For those who haven;t experienced our tailgate guest program, we had five guests last year who spent a minimum of two hours with us mingling with fans, talking on our sound system about their programs and, where available, providing signed color photos that we asked a $10 donation for. All five were very personable and all five expressed not only their appreciation, but how much fun they had at the event.

19 hours to get us to $500 and an exclusive invitation for Judah. $362 to go and if we get to $1000 I will double the appearance fee.

Received a new $100 pledge. If I include the three matching donations that have come in since we announced the Judah project that brings us to $370. Another $130 will meet our $500 goal. We are almost at the 24 hour cut off, but I am in a good mood today, so I'll extend the deadline to the end of the day. If we hit $500 I will send a proposal to Judah to serve as a SyraCRUZ Tailgate guest at the game of his choice before releasing the initiative to the additional Basketball, Lacrosse and Soccer athletes.
If we get to $1000 I will double the $500 appearance fee for him. Guest spends two hours at a 2023 tailgate and is given the option to sign 8 x 10 color photos that we would offer for $10 splitting the profit with the athlete.
Any new donation including first time donors for this year or incremental donations if you have already pledged gets us closer to the goal.

Received a new $100 pledge. If I include the three matching donations that have come in since we announced the Judah project that brings us to $370. Another $130 will meet our $500 goal. We are almost at the 24 hour cut off, but I am in a good mood today, so I'll extend the deadline to the end of the day. If we hit $500 I will send a proposal to Judah to serve as a SyraCRUZ Tailgate guest at the game of his choice before releasing the initiative to the additional Basketball, Lacrosse and Soccer athletes.
If we get to $1000 I will double the $500 appearance fee for him. Guest spends two hours at a 2023 tailgate and is given the option to sign 8 x 10 color photos that we would offer for $10 splitting the profit with the athlete.
Any new donation including first time donors for this year or incremental donations if you have already pledged gets us closer to the goal.
And another $50 rolled in. $80 away!

I will send you a donation and hope he comes to one of the first 2 games that I will be at...If I am lucky...Glad you extended it as I was traveling. Double 44s will put you over...and I just sent it to you...If he comes to the first 2 tailgates, I'll try to arrange his favorite fan, the 2-3 year old with the Judah Mintz is my favorite videos to attend. It will be hard to guarantee as both Mom and Dad broadcast during the home games. But maybe Kim can bring him early enough with grandparents.

Last edited:
That does it for the first threshold. I will post an offer to Judah tomorrow. Of course he has to accept it, but we will call in all the favors we have. I imagine he monitors the NIL platform pretty closely.

Now, to make it really special, let's push this to the $1000 level so I can double the offered appearance fee. $492 to go and 12 1/2 hours to get there!

Looks like we have our fourth $44 pledge. I;ll att $176 to your personal pledge, SUskibum !

Puts us at $138 for the Judah challenge. For those who haven;t experienced our tailgate guest program, we had five guests last year who spent a minimum of two hours with us mingling with fans, talking on our sound system about their programs and, where available, providing signed color photos that we asked a $10 donation for. All five were very personable and all five expressed not only their appreciation, but how much fun they had at the event.

19 hours to get us to $500 and an exclusive invitation for Judah. $362 to go and if we get to $1000 I will double the appearance fee.
Looks like I have been maxed out

Sent the original $144 plus the 4 * $44 matches

Will try to stop by for a drink this year, as I was a poor teammate last year (my crew is in standart, not Fine plus I get in rather late after my 3.5 hr drive)

Hey guys!

If you get a chance please go give the new instagram a follow!!

SyraCRUZ Tailgate (@syracruz_tailgate) • Instagram photos and videos
1685897000617.png

Got a late substantial contribution from a couple of our top benefactors and although it was passed our deadline, we will honor it and make a $1000 appearance fee offer to Judah Mintz. I am waiting to see the game time for Western Michigan before sending the proposal to Judah. Want to do it at a September game and would rather not have a nooner.

Weekly update:

Still waiting for a game time for Western Michingan before making our offer to Judah. Would like to get him for that game, but not sure we want him for a nooner.

We have a little over $8400 in new pledges for this year from 52 donors with $6700 banked not including carryover from 2022. We had pre season donations of $16.400 last year from 77 donors so the novelty and pledges have dried up quite a bit but we will still be funding a substantial program.

If you haven't pledged yet, or want to increase your pledge, send me a PM or email (dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com) with name, board name, email address and pledge amount. I don;t need payment immediately, but having the dollar amount helps us with planning.

If you have pledged and not submitted, send your contribution at any time. I would like to have all funds banked by August 1 so I can start making commitments but that is a soft date. And let me know if your pledge amount needs to change - higher or lower.

We are discussing several merchandise options for 2023, and will be announcing soon. If you have any suggestions, feel free to bring them forward and our merchandise czar will take note!

Game one kick off in 11 weeks and 6 days!

We had lunch with Enrique yesterday to discuss our 2023 program. When we met last year we stressed that this is not a typical business relationship, but a partnership to show how NIL can be done the right way and bring benefits to athletes and fans. As such we feel it is vital to get input from the student athletes we support. We agreed on the following:

- Compensation will be the same as last year for Enrique. He will be responsible for providing a welcome video prior to each home game. Videos are posted on a dedicated youtube channel:
You can view all of last year's videos there and we will link or excerpt on our social media sites in the fall. Enrique will also sign footballs to be used as our second place 50-50 prizes and provide autographed photos that will be sold at the tailgates and potentially via mail order.
- Instead of a single "Lifetime Achievement Award" as we did with Rhino last year, we will honor a different teammate prior to each tailgate. Each week a different player will appear in the extended video with Enrique and co-sign the football. Enrique will choose three guests and our selection committee will choose the other three.
- We will continue the guest appearance program with Judah Mintz getting an exclusive invitation (likely for the Western Michigan game) and at least four other athletes for the other home games with the possible exception of Military Appreciation Day when we hope to partner again with the Tenth Mountain Division Association. We will broadcast an initiative to all registered members of the mens and womens basketball teams, the mens and womens lacrosse teams and the mens soccer teams The selection committee will chosse among those who apply.

- We will select one home tailgate and donate our proceeds from the 50-50 to a charity of Enrique's choice.

- We will be launching our merchandising program next month. There will likely be a 2023 edition T-shirt - thinking navy with orange print, some type of hat, maybe a baseball cap with SyraCRUZ and the number 70 prominent on the front, our highly coveted koozies and autographed photos. Some other items under consideration, but our merchandise czar TexanMark will provide information when we are ready to launch.

We are about $3000 short of our pledge goal for this year, but thanks to a large anonymous donation that came in late during last year's fundraising we are fairly confident we will be able to fund the full program. Very hopeful that some of last year's donors who have not yet responded will participate again and that new donors continue to come forward. PLEASE PM me with a pledge amount, name and email address if you can help. And this program is NOT limited to those who attend the tailgates, so please share with other Orange fans or anyone who appreciates this example of NIL done the right way,

GO ORANGE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom