SyraCRUZ Tailgate 2023 - Time to Step Up! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SyraCRUZ Tailgate 2023 - Time to Step Up!

Hey guys!

Also wanted to let everyone know that there is now a SyraCRUZ Facebook as well

Please, when you get a chance go give it a follow and SHARE the page on your personal Facebook.

Here is the link!

If you haven’t already guessed, JRHEETER has stepped up as the social media director of the SyraCRUZ Tailgate. He is maintaining the Facebook page and Instagram site that us more mature members of the execut committee are still trying to decipher. Any feedback or suggestions for content are welcome

Just went over $9000 in pledges for this year. Next milestone is the big one. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of this group and by how this project has exploded from a flippant comment, to a grass roots campaign to raise a few hundred dollars for a player to a crowdsourced collective that has awarded thousands to Orange athletes in five sports and us a national model for NIL done the right way.

Thank you all and keep those pledges rolling in!

That’s it so far. Where would you recommend we pop up next?
Those would’ve been my first two choices too. Tik Tok and Twitter would probably be the other two to post on.

I entered the initial three transactions in the INFLCR app a little over two weeks ago. There are two for Enrique Cruz. One is for $2500 payable with the submission of his video the week of the Colgate game and the second for $2500 payable with his submission the week of the Wake Forest game. I also entered a $1000 transaction for Judah Mintz for a guest appearance at the Western Michigan tailgate. These are pending SU Compliance review and I emailed Mark Wheeler this morning to ask him to approve so the transactions can move to the student-athlete for acceptance.

We will offer 3-5 additional guest appearance transactions (soccer, lacrosse and basketball) and 2 - 6 transactions to additional football players who will appear in Enrique's videos and sign the 50-50 football that we use as a second prize in our weekly raffles. I can probably fund the lower numbers now and reach the upper numbers once we reach our fundraising goal of $11,000 - $5000 lower than last year's total. Currently we stand at pledges totalling $9067 with $7745 already paid. If you have made a pledge I ask that you submit payment by the end of this month. If you haven't pledged yet, now is the time. Just message me or email to dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com with your name, board name and amount pledged and I will provide payment info. Any amount helps. We would really like to maintain the level of support that we established last season.

Is there some way to include something for LA and his family at a SyraCRUZ tailgate? It sounds like his family could use a little support.

Is there some way to include something for LA and his family at a SyraCRUZ tailgate? It sounds like his family could use a little support.
Nice thought. I am not really sure how to execute it, though. I can offer a transaction to LeQuint. At this point the only thing budgeted is a $250 payment to appear in one of Enrique’s videos, and we are currently short of our donation goal to support that part of the program.
It is possible through INFLNCR to offer non cash payments so I suppose if someone wanted to arrange transportation, lodging and money for meals that could be specified in the transaction. Otherwise you just give LeQuint the money and state a preference that is what he uses it for.

Ok, here is what we can do. As part of our planned program that was discussed with Enrique we will invite a different player each week to appear in the welcome videos and sign the 50-50 raffle football in exchange for a $250 payment..

If I receive $500 in new pledges by noon Monday, either via PM or an email to dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com, I will offer one of these slots to LeQuint (pending Enrique's agreement and LeQuint's acceptance.) Previous pledges do not apply. And note that your pledge is in support of the LQA project. Part of the offer specifies that the player's family is cordially invited to join our tailgate. That is standard and we have included it with every deal we've done through the project.

If I receive $1000 I will double his payment.
If I receive $2000 I will raise the payment to a full $1000 and have LeQuint sign every weekly football and 50 photos to be sold at our merchandise table.

Sending a check for $100. Let’s get 10 people to match. It would be great to raise a quick $2000. With everyone who was so upset over this situation, we should be able to raise it in a couple of hours. Go Orange,

Love the enthusiasm! Thank you for helping out

Yesterday's LeQuint Allen initiative provided a huge boost to this year's program. See the separate thread below if you missed it. We blew past a couple of milestones and are within a few hundred dollars of our goal for this year. Should we surpass that goal we will look for opportunities to enhance payments or support additional student athletes. Current pledges stand at $11,360 with $9744 banked. Roughly $500 of the unbanked total is nade up of pledges from yesterday where the donors are mailing checks,

If you have not submitted payment for your pledge yet, please do so as soon as possible, If circumstances have changed and you feel you can no longer honor a previous pledge, just sent me a PM or email for tracking purposes. No harm, no foul.

For reference, we had paid pledges of $16,432 last year. I figured the novelty would wear off and we would be well short of that number this year but I'm starting to think I underestimated the generosity of the syracusefan community!

Thank you all!

Budget gap is closed! Assuming 100% follow through on all outstanding pledges, we are at $12,009 pledged now with $10,393 banked. Additional contributions from this point on will enable us to enhance planned payments or support additional student athletes. Keep ‘em coming!

Budget gap is closed! Assuming 100% follow through on all outstanding pledges, we are at $12,009 pledged now with $10,393 banked. Additional contributions from this point on will enable us to enhance planned payments or support additional student athletes. Keep ‘em coming!
I will send you $44 for myself, and $44 for my son, full details in a PM.

Taking a shot here. Does anyone have a phone extension for Mark Wheeler or anyone in SUAD Compliance other than what is listed on the Cuse.com staff directory?

We have three transactions in INFLCR, two for Enrique and one for Judah, waiting for Compliance approval before they go to the student athlete for acceptance. I entered them on June 16, followed up by email three times and tried calling earlier this week but listed phone number only goes to a unified messaging generic box and asks for an extension to be connected to individual voice mail. The number listed for Wheeler isn’t recognized.

We have the transaction for LeQuint ready to be entered as well as other video appearance fees for Jakob Bradford, Joe More and Josh Ilaoa who were selected by Enrique. Our selection committee will pick two others to round out that initiative.

We will also select five additional guests from respondents to a bulletin published to all registered players from men’s and women’s basketball and lacrosse and men’s soccer. Published that bulletin Monday, it does not require compliance approval, and it only has one view so far but that’s not unexpected. If you have any favorites on one of those teams and have a way to contact them, go ahead and urge them to apply.

Taking a shot here. Does anyone have a phone extension for Mark Wheeler or anyone in SUAD Compliance other than what is listed on the Cuse.com staff directory?

We have three transactions in INFLCR, two for Enrique and one for Judah, waiting for Compliance approval before they go to the student athlete for acceptance. I entered them on June 16, followed up by email three times and tried calling earlier this week but listed phone number only goes to a unified messaging generic box and asks for an extension to be connected to individual voice mail. The number listed for Wheeler isn’t recognized.

We have the transaction for LeQuint ready to be entered as well as other video appearance fees for Jakob Bradford, Joe More and Josh Ilaoa who were selected by Enrique. Our selection committee will pick two others to round out that initiative.

We will also select five additional guests from respondents to a bulletin published to all registered players from men’s and women’s basketball and lacrosse and men’s soccer. Published that bulletin Monday, it does not require compliance approval, and it only has one view so far but that’s not unexpected. If you have any favorites on one of those teams and have a way to contact them, go ahead and urge them to apply.
I assume you have tried all 3 of these people?

A couple of other updates:

We are less than $100 away from our next milestone - $13k in pledges. For every milestone we reach over $12k we will be able to support additional players, whether via multiple tailgate or video guests in certain weeks, increased payouts in our planned programs or other initiative. Open to suggestions!

If you have pledged, but not submitted payment yet, now is the time. If you HAVEN’T pledged yet, now is DEFINITELY the time! We will be finalizing 2023 plans in a couple of weeks and while we are always open for new donations, anything that comes in after that will be applied to our 2024 plans. Last year’s total was $16,432. Never thought we could match that in our second year. Prove me wrong!

Expect to receive our initial merchandise order within two weeks. We are being conservative on quantities this year, other than koozies! , so see the separate threads for your 2023 T shirt pre orders and premium SyraCRUZ baseball jerseys.

Emailed all three. Only one phone extension listed.
I noticed there was only one extension listed after I posted that so I wasn't very helpful :)

In that case, I would email ADJW or his assistant.. I've done that before and if he can't help, he's gotten someone involved twice who can. At least it will let him know that your emails aren't being answered and the something is up with the phone extension.

Should have held off a couple of hours. Just heard back from Mark Wheeler. He suffered a lower body injury on vacation and has been out, but says our transactions look fine and he will move them to approved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom