Syracuse AD John Wildhack on not bidding to host NCAA Tourney | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse AD John Wildhack on not bidding to host NCAA Tourney

About Syracuse not hosting NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament games between 2019 and 2022

Q: People have asked why there were no NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament at SU Games when they announced those bids. Did you have to leave that open because of the Dome?

A: Part of that is when do we start the renovation, when do we get in there. We want to get in there immediately after the basketball season because there's no other facility in the country that hosts five sports. Not only five sports but many other athletic events, many university functions and then you've got Paul McCartney and a concert coming in in September. We have to try to create as big a window as possible so that when we do get into the renovation phase, we give Pete and his team as much time as possible to get it done.

A from Executive Senior Associate AD for communications Sue Edson (who sat in on the interview): The decision, just so you know, that wasn't the only reason for the decision. It had to do with campus planning and framework. As you know the campus framework was announced a couple years ago. That played into it. It wasn't just the Dome. The timeline for the whole thing going forward. ... There's the IVMF, everything. When you look at the campus framework and the scope of it, that's the overarching reason.

Q: But you didn't bid. Is that correct?

A: We did not. As Sue said, the campus framework drove that decision.

Wildhack is really impressive in his interviews I have read. There really hasn't been anything I can remember that he said and I thought it just didn't make any sense at all.

He is really good at basically saying nothing. There is virtually no information in most of his responses.

I have a guy from my company's corporate office in town for three weeks. I've mastered the no information responses that sound brilliant. The former salesman in me made it easy. It's surprising what no information speak can do, add that with talking slower than normal and you can fill a day up talking nonsense and most people have no clue. It's usually how I pick up women too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom