Syracuse and Duke in the East? | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse and Duke in the East?

GFTakedown

2nd String
You have to believe that the NCAA will put Duke in the East so they can have Austin Rivers go to Boston!! I would love that because I think that Duke is the weakest #2 seed out there comapred to MSU, Mizz, and the OSU. I think that Syracuse would have their best chance against Duke.

Anything can happen, with the exception of Duke or UNC ending up out west.;)

We should just be happy that the regional isn't in North Carolina this year.

I think Duke is a good match up for us. They're not going to slow the game down. They don't defend. They're obviously really well-coached and will get good shots, but they should be contested and I think our guards, though they may not be better, they're bigger and stronger and would give the Duke guards fits on the perimeter. Plumlee isn't a real big scoring threat inside which is to our advantage.

It would be a fun game.

I am thinking Kentucky-Duke in Atlanta 20 year rematch from the 1992 classic. If Kentucky gets the South that is the Committee may put Kentucky in St. Louis to reward North Carolina by putting UNC in Atlanta. This whole thing is kinda of weird because the committee has to screw a blue blood program and it will be interesting which one they screw. Syracuse is locked into the East for sure, but Kentucky is interesting because all there fans refer to Atlanta as Catlanta and they would probably prefer Atlanta to St. Louis because of alumni in Georgia, but because St. Louis is technically closer to Lexington than Atlanta the committee could move Kentucky to St. Louis and put Missouri there as the 2 seed and basically ensure a soldout Edward Jones Dome and move North Carolina to Atlanta as the 1 seed and ship Kansas out West and screw them by not giving them St. Louis. If that happened Duke would be the 2 seed in the East. I will be interested to see which blue blood the committee screws Kansas or North Carolina? My money is on them shipping Kansas west and screwing them out of St. Louis and selling it by saying Lexington is closer to St. Louis so they can protect cry boy Roy and put him in Atlanta. I guess Duke wouldn't be the worst matchup for us, but they shot well from 3 we would be in big trouble.

I am thinking Kentucky-Duke in Atlanta 20 year rematch from the 1992 classic. If Kentucky gets the South that is the Committee may put Kentucky in St. Louis to reward North Carolina by putting UNC in Atlanta. This whole thing is kinda of weird because the committee has to screw a blue blood program and it will be interesting which one they screw. Syracuse is locked into the East for sure, but Kentucky is interesting because all there fans refer to Atlanta as Catlanta and they would probably prefer Atlanta to St. Louis because of alumni in Georgia, but because St. Louis is technically closer to Lexington than Atlanta the committee could move Kentucky to St. Louis and put Missouri there as the 2 seed and basically ensure a soldout Edward Jones Dome and move North Carolina to Atlanta as the 1 seed and ship Kansas out West and screw them by not giving them St. Louis. If that happened Duke would be the 2 seed in the East. I will be interested to see which blue blood the committee screws Kansas or North Carolina? My money is on them shipping Kansas west and screwing them out of St. Louis and selling it by saying Lexington is closer to St. Louis so they can protect cry boy Roy and put him in Atlanta. I guess Duke wouldn't be the worst matchup for us, but they shot well from 3 we would be in big trouble.
I think 3 point shooting teams in the tourney are always scary. You just worry they got hot and then your in for a war. I think we would score with ease on Duke. Alot of transition, even on missed threes. As long as they dont get red hot from 3, I think we blow them out.

I think 3 point shooting teams in the tourney are always scary. You just worry they got hot and then your in for a war. I think we would score with ease on Duke. Alot of transition, even on missed threes. As long as they dont get red hot from 3, I think we blow them out.
Yep thats my thing with duke too. They are certainly capable of knocking dow 17 3s if they got really hot, and that'd be tough to be beat. But they would have real issues guarding us.

You have to believe that the NCAA will put Duke in the East so they can have Austin Rivers go to Boston!! I would love that because I think that Duke is the weakest #2 seed out there comapred to MSU, Mizz, and the OSU. I think that Syracuse would have their best chance against Duke.

I would much rather have Missou as our #2 seed. If Mike Anderson were coaching them, I'd feel differently (quite the NCAA record on him). Missou isn't playing its best and doesn't strike me as a lethal halfcourt team. I think we can at least contain them on the boards. I mean, would anyone on Missou start for SU?

none of the potential 2's scare me except north carolina. ill be rooting hard for them in acc tourny so they snag a 1.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

I can see it breaking out like this:

East (Boston):
Syracuse/Duke
or
Syracuse/OSU or MSU, whoever finishes 2nd in the B1G

South (Atlanta):
UK/Mizzou
or
UK/Duke

Midwest (St Louis):
Kansas/OSU or MSU, 1st place in B1G

West (Phoenix):
UNC/OSU or MSU, 2nd in B1G
or
UNC/Mizzou

The top line in each region is what I think is the most likely scenario.

Teams that I am concerned about drawing in Eastern Regional

Major Conferences
1. tOSU- teams that did well against OSU had a big that can play out so it eliminated Sullinger from the inside on defense. Zone will help with doubling up Sullinger but D. Thomas could have a big game.

2. MSU- Izzo seems always to get hot around now

3. Missouri- reminds me of Villanova with the multi-guard set and I think that our guards would have to have a great game of defending the three and negating their transition.

4. Wisconsin- SLOW BALL - can't stand and I think will cause SU to sleep on defense(stupid fouls) and rush on offense.

Mid-major Conferences
1. Creighton- They are the best shooting team in the NCAA. Reminds me of Butler and they have a guy that shoots the lights out in McDermott

2. UNLV- Can shoot the 3 ball, rebound and transition.

Would love to see UK thrown in the same bracket as UNC so that SU would have to play one of them but not both in successive games. SU has a reasonable chance of winning 5 in a row against all other comers, saving one of those two for the finals.-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom