"Syracuse did a really good job selling some fouls" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Syracuse did a really good job selling some fouls"

agree I just don't want to put up with their lying leading to a 10-15 bad call advantage rather then the 5-8 that I am expecting when we go to their place. Seen enough of those the last 5 years, I can think of 5 atleast.

Meanwhile duke is aruging about maybe 2-3 questionable not bad calls that didn't even balence out with their 4-5 over the backs to start the second half. And they were good calls on top of it. This is priceless Bull#@it Don't care what their frigg#n name is.

The game isn't for almost 3 weeks, and we've got Clemson and Pitt at The Pete before that, and already we're crying about the refs in Cameron?

really-pl-ffffff-3

LOL, except he starts it with "Say what you want about Syracuse..." What is being implied here? I'm telling you, if we stay undefeated a few more weeks the daggers will come out. Remember all that manufactured "throw a dart at the rule book" garbage? I see that getting dusted off earlier than selection sunday this year.
And what is with this weak out of conference schedule? We beat Cal. They just beat Arizona. We beat Minn., they beat some good B1G teams. We beat baylor. They just beat Okie st I think. Nova is top 10. There is no say what you want about Syracuse.

We really did well to bring attention to the fouls... we did not, however, sell a damn thing. Parker doesn't want called for throwing an elbow? Perhaps he shouldn't have thrown it for for the 8th time. How on Earth would Rak have known that was coming if that was the first time it happened all night? Same thing with Jefferson hooking his arm when he was going out to set a screen. If you haven't seen it before, how in the hell would you looking for it?

I just rewatched the game agin and anyone that thinks Syracuse got majority of the close calls is out of their mind. After watching Parker elbow into keita spin and fade away and end with and and 1 where keita never touched him, the almost 4 point play where the duke player fell untouched after the shot, and the two hand shove on cj at the end among others its obvious that duke got extremely beneficial treatment in their favor more than not.

Gee, a rising elbow to Christmas's face is not a foul on which planet? And the guy with the two hand push to CJ Fair's back was actually going for the ball as the referees call it. The problem with Duke is not the fouls called on them but all the no-calls and favoritism. Check out Cooney getting clobbered by Hood and there was no foul called:

Someone I know said (that was at the game) it looked like Hood pretty clearly punched Cooney in the groin on that play - still can't tell for sure from the vid posted though.

Someone I know said (that was at the game) it looked like Hood pretty clearly punched Cooney in the groin on that play - still can't tell for sure from the vid posted though.

I don't think so. I think he essentially tried to go through Cooney's shoulders and that's why Cooney doubled over. There's a shot from the baseline where it looks like the arm of the Duke player comes around Cooney but never goes lower than Cooney's chest. And Cooney's already bending down.

Sheesh, this is like picking apart the Zapruder film. I think it's time to move on.

I don't think so. I think he essentially tried to go through Cooney's shoulders and that's why Cooney doubled over. There's a shot from the baseline where it looks like the arm of the Duke player comes around Cooney but never goes lower than Cooney's chest. And Cooney's already bending down.

Sheesh, this is like picking apart the Zapruder film. I think it's time to move on.

lol at Zapruder film. Can you imagine if we actually lost the game?

lol at Zapruder film. Can you imagine if we actually lost the game?

On a whole lot of levels I don't even want to imagine that. Especially considering my Duke loving sister was at the game and she would be gloating to no end. I haven't done anything close to gloating as I understand that was an exceptional college game and the way the Dukies were on fire from 3, I think we were lucky to pull that one out. Thank you CJ!

By the way, anyone else astonished to realize that CJ only had one point in the OT? The kid was out of his mind on fire that night and they didn't go to him once I can recall.

I switched over to the Mizzou - UF game so I didn't catch this, but it doesn't surprise me. I don't remember Len Elmore ever having a lot of good to say about Syracuse in the past when he called our games.
That's because Dave Bing was so much better than him.

"Selling some fouls" and actually getting fouled arent mutually exclusive. I thought that was exactly what Rakeem did. What's the big deal?

It saddens me that players actually have to sell fouls in order for the whistles to actually blow. I guess it's too much to ask for the refs to actually call the game, but in reality it's probably moving too fast for most of them.

It saddens me that players actually have to sell fouls in order for the whistles to actually blow. I guess it's too much to ask for the refs to actually call the game, but in reality it's probably moving too fast for most of them.

The "selling" of fouls isn't a particularly new phenomenon. Ever watch Europeans play soccer? :cool:

People can try to undermine our team in as sneaky a fashion as they want.

Truth is, there's one consensus #1 team.

We really did well to bring attention to the fouls... we did not, however, sell a damn thing. Parker doesn't want called for throwing an elbow? Perhaps he shouldn't have thrown it for for the 8th time. How on Earth would Rak have known that was coming if that was the first time it happened all night? Same thing with Jefferson hooking his arm when he was going out to set a screen. If you haven't seen it before, how in the hell would you looking for it?

I just rewatched the game agin and anyone that thinks Syracuse got majority of the close calls is out of their mind. After watching Parker elbow into keita spin and fade away and end with and and 1 where keita never touched him, the almost 4 point play where the duke player fell untouched after the shot, and the two hand shove on cj at the end among others its obvious that duke got extremely beneficial treatment in their favor more than not.

And of course, their guards had their hands all over Ennis, particularly in the first half and it was never called. What happened to that being a point of emphasis this year? I knew it wouldn't take.

Only took half a dozen posts to learn the Len Elmore was responsible for this.

Since he's the most dishonest person on television (and this includes the cable news/opinion channels), this should come as no surprise.

Very happy we haven't had to listen to him during a Syracuse game this season.

I think so, posted something about this earlier in the week because it seemed to have been overlooked. I think Cooney and Grant thought it was a punch, too.

Only took half a dozen posts to learn the Len Elmore was responsible for this.

Since he's the most dishonest person on television (and this includes the cable news/opinion channels), this should come as no surprise.

Very happy we haven't had to listen to him during a Syracuse game this season.

I've often wondered "Who the hell is this guy?" during games and it's turned out to be Elmore, and certainly not just in SU games. I don't know that he's dishonest so much as incompetent. Seems he's seeking validation by inventing things to say that are different, as though it makes him somehow smarter than the rest. I've even muted the broadcast a few times.

I've often wondered "Who the hell is this guy?" during games and it's turned out to be Elmore, and certainly not just in SU games. I don't know that he's dishonest so much as incompetent. Seems he's seeking validation by inventing things to say that are different, as though it makes him somehow smarter than the rest. I've even muted the broadcast a few times.

In my watching experience, he's the biggest culprit when it comes to saying that X happened (especially in terms of foul calls), then running the replay that clearly shows that Y happened, then repeating "See? X happened."

My favorite example was when Carl Krauser punched Terrance Roberts in the 2006 championship. Couldn't have been more clear, but Elmore is speaking over the replay, cackling about "No, no punch, no foul, just good Big East basketball!"

I have an irrational dislike for the guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom