Syracuse Duke shenanigans | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Duke shenanigans

Wow interesting - someone did lots of work. I think it’s been systemic that SU isn’t allowed the same physicality as our opponents. Zones are used by many coaches to protect players from fouls but our more aggressive zone certainly appears to be penalized more than ‘man to man’s’ bumping, grinding, hands on , riding so often allowed as a staple for man to man against us. Our zone is penalized for even the appearance of contact often ignored in man to man.

Years ago I remember that there was a statistical database on D1 college referees that I can no longer find. It ranked referees by the number of total fouls, number of techs called, number of games etc. I haven’t been able to find that site for a couple of years. The NBA has a referee database but not college basketball? Anyone know if college basketball reveals any stats for referees anymore?

The officiating particularly the last 2 games has been the most one sided bunch of garbage I’ve seen in quite some time.
It's at a level the worst it's ever been when even a casual hoops fan like me starts to get worked up. I hope whoever did this awesome video, does a similar one for the first 30 min of UNC, it'll be even worse.

Thought this was interesting . Virginia and their Pac-Man defense has had the fewest fouls called against them nationally. We are ranked 151st. Unfortunately it is ranked by total fouls vs fouls per game. Just another interesting observation Washington, another zone team is ranked 198. It would be interesting to correlate the stats with ‘and 1 fouls’ and actual free throw attempts with the number of fouls too.

NCAA College Men's Basketball DI current team Stats | NCAA.com

Duke had one team foul with 1 minute left in the half. The number increased because of Duke intentional. This has been crazy. This team has its short comings no doubt. But the officials the last 2 games have killed us.

storange it's hard enough to win against those teams as is, almost impossible playing 5 on 8. I expect some southern cooking from the acc refs, but holy smokes that was a whole pig roast, sunday dinner, and family bbq all rolled together. In a word it was "amazing". God bless Bojangles and food lion.

Duke had one team foul with 1 minute left in the half. The number increased because of Duke intentional. This has been crazy. This team has its short comings no doubt. But the officials the last 2 games have killed us.

all season. and, to me, it's why the shooting at the stripe is all over the map: they aren't there enough game to game.

The officiating particularly the last 2 games has been the most one sided bunch of garbage I’ve seen in quite some time.

The big east had some horrible refs, like Papparo, Burr, Higgins... that really enjoyed turning Boeheim's screws.

But these ACC crews aren't even coy about it where Duke and UNC are concerned... and it always get's worse in February when games are directly affecting tournament seedlines.

It's not just one ref here or there that's is a problem either... it's the entire crews. They have their own gameplan for the officiating coming in.

It would be scandalous if it wasn't obviously condoned by Swofford and the ACC brass.

I am really starting to dislike this league for basketball. These corrupt zebras are ruining the games.

Last edited:
Excellent job with the video.
Only one flaw: referring to Oshae as SU's best player.

Whoa, I didn’t catch that.

Well, we know now that ethoo18 made the video, lol.

That was well done though. Only thing missing that I would’ve liked to see(unless I got distracted and didn’t catch it) was when Sidibe went to his knees after getting an offensive rebound. I thought he got fouled multiple times.

Couldn’t even watch the whole thing; so frustrating

Same, I shut it off about a minute in as K got out of his chair with a look of such delight as Eli and crew argued for his clean strip on the break. It looked like he wanted to start a standing ovation for that crew following their orders from the league.

This is the greatest video I've ever seen. What a complete screw job by the officials. The fact that the road team is getting these calls is a joke.
One thing I've noticed this year is that OB gets a lot less of those calls where he gets bodied going to the rim than he did last year. Last year it seemed like he was going to the line 4-5 times a game on those same plays that this year the refs refuse to blow the whistle.

This is the greatest video I've ever seen. What a complete screw job by the officials. The fact that the road team is getting these calls is a joke.
One thing I've noticed this year is that OB gets a lot less of those calls where he gets bodied going to the rim than he did last year. Last year it seemed like he was going to the line 4-5 times a game on those same plays that this year the refs refuse to blow the whistle.
Yeah he gets hit a ton going to the rim, honestly though if he would stop the flailing / contorting a bit he might make more of them, and possibly get more calls.

Yeah he gets hit a ton going to the rim, honestly though if he would stop the flailing / contorting a bit he might make more of them, and possibly get more calls.

In terms of Brissett not going to the line, an ahole Duke fan might be inclined to say “they did you a favor”.

I would’ve been a lot madder about those no calls if I thought he actually might make the FT’s. He was clearly cooked that night in terms of making Fts. Hope it’s fixed next game.

Edit: whoops, I’m mixing the two good ol boy screwjobs up. They both blend together already.

He missed two huge ones late against Duke...and then missed them all against UNC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom