Syracuse Duke shenanigans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Duke shenanigans

CA069D97-A07A-4773-8019-0CBEFCE725AC.gif

He's flailing and contorting because he is getting hammered and thrown off balance
I agree with that sometimes. Just imo I've seen enough hesitation on the catch to make me think he is actively thinking about his shot getting blocked too much. Cant disc out the actual contact though you're right.

There is too much money in sports, too little invested in its rule-enforcers, and too much opportunity for them to be manipulated, to believe there is nothing going on...see the NFL. It's dumb to think otherwise.

From instititutional media preference to gambling, there is fraud happening

Excellent job with the video.
Only one flaw: referring to Oshae as SU's best player.
He was our most unguardable player in that game. Tre was pretty effective vs Ty in the 2nd half.

Until he caught the People’s Elbow upside the head.

Which wasn’t a foul. :rolleyes:

Yup 721. It referred to him as our best player in that particular game. Duke couldn’t guard him.

I have always wanted refs to be completely agnostic when it came to conference affiliation. They should be paid from all leagues and rotate between leagues rather than being ACC, Big Ten, Pac... Officials.

There is only one team in sports (pro or collegiate) where I am convinced their is corruption. Duke Basketball. Perhaps its irrational. I just attribute bad calls to other games as bad referees and nothing else.

What a well put together video, even if it does p me off.
It would be interesting to see the same work put together by a Duke fan and by an ordinary fan. The point is that such a detailed slow motion analysis will find those tictac fouls if you look for them. Also inside play has contact. It's like offensive holding in football, it happens every play!

I like the Zapruder film analysis of Buddy's blocked three. Wish we had a better camera angle, but I still think it was a foul.

The elbow to Brissett's face was disgraceful and should get all three refs suspended for a period. I've seen way too many idiotic flagrant calls where an offensive player is clearing space with elbows while a defender fouls him because of this BS "player safety" rule; if they're not going to call the textbook case of this where a player leads with his elbow into a rebounder's face, then just get rid of the rule.

Good job on the OP.

A little biased? Sure.

But overall a pretty convincing case for 5 on 8.

He lost me at "contusion." But the video does speak for itself.

I agree with that sometimes. Just imo I've seen enough hesitation on the catch to make me think he is actively thinking about his shot getting blocked too much. Cant disc out the actual contact though you're right.
It's 70% Oshae not going up strong and 30% officiating bias.

I got so annoyed during the UNC game that I went back and looked at all Syracuse games vs. UNC and Duke since we joined the ACC. Compared average foul shots for Syracuse and average foul shots for the opponent.

We were only 1 foul shot below Duke/UNC over the course of six seasons. I agree that the last two games were ridiculous, but take it for what it's worth.

It would be interesting to see the same work put together by a Duke fan and by an ordinary fan. The point is that such a detailed slow motion analysis will find those tictac fouls if you look for them. Also inside play has contact. It's like offensive holding in football, it happens every play!
First, I would challenge a Duke fan, or anyone for that matter, to come up with a handful of calls to that degree let alone a 10plus minute video compilation.
And I completely disagree with your characterization of those fouls as “tictac”.
They were egregious and they weren’t called the same both ways. That’s why they made the video and that’s why Syracuse fans are livid.

First, I would challenge a Duke fan, or anyone for that matter, to come up with a handful of calls to that degree let alone a 10plus minute video compilation.
And I completely disagree with your characterization of those fouls as “tictac”.
They were egregious and they weren’t called the same both ways. That’s why they made the video and that’s why Syracuse fans are livid.

Add that to the first half of the UNC game and you have the possibly the biggest back to back screw jobs ever. I hate blaming the refs, but it's hard not to after watching that.

I did not mean that all the fouls were tictac, just some or that that they were not as egregious as you imply. 1 block foul on MD that is claimed as a push off by the offensive player I see that MD had not established position. Brissett getting hit in the head on the rebound is a bang bang play that often happens and not every play that causes a injury gets called in a gsme. Too me, about 7 or 8 minutes of that video is watching the game thru orange tinted glasses. Except for maybe 2, the rest could very well have been offset by an equal amount of no calls against SU.

This is the greatest video I've ever seen. What a complete screw job by the officials. The fact that the road team is getting these calls is a joke.
One thing I've noticed this year is that OB gets a lot less of those calls where he gets bodied going to the rim than he did last year. Last year it seemed like he was going to the line 4-5 times a game on those same plays that this year the refs refuse to blow the whistle.
Truthfully Carolina was even worse. This back water redneck league is a joke

Update:

Wildhack responded that they have already made their thoughts known through the proper channels with video support (Not sure, but I think conference members do this for every game). He said every team deserves games that are consistently called at both ends.

He said thanks for the support and called it one “heckuva” video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom